Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ermm: questionable and celebrity-like. Nothing bars Princess Tessy from accepting such a role but …. this isn't like Princess Madeleine sharing photos of Childhood bracelets or promoting your country's products / businesses. I'd feel the same way of any royal making this kind of arrangement.

Yes, it does appear her friend wore the same red lace dress Tessy wore recently. I wonder if Tessy has some agreement with Little Black Dress company. She's worn 4 dresses affiliated with that brand so far:

Obviously you are right. Tessy's interview on 22nd November at the website of Little Black Dress:
"Tessy is no stranger to Little Black Dress. The Princess showcases our dresses at high profile events across the globe in her role as patron and ambassador of educational and mental health charities."
"Of course this year, I will be wearing dresses from Little Black Dress."
At the interview Tessy also said that she is starting a new job in January.
In Conversation with. . .a Princess _ LBD BLOG

And she changed her name to Theresa? (see Instagram)

She was so busy doing lots of other things; I am not surprised that she left (or was asked to leave) DS-48.

Edit: On her Instagram (January 24, from Davos) she mentions that she loves her new job and will soon announce her new role.

Last edited:
:previous: I was just about to ask the same question reading Theresa - I had noticed that too. I always thought that her full name was Tessy and that it wasn't a nickname for anything. Maybe she is using Theresa as a full name for her new job, and has changed it on her Instagram so her colleagues can find her.

I remember Tessy using "Claudine Smith" when her instagram was public before the divorce announcement. "Theresa" is probably another alias although why? People know who she is or will find out she's Tessy anyway.

I wonder if making her instagram public again means the divorce will be finalized soon.

:previous: I was just about to ask the same question reading Theresa - I had noticed that too. I always thought that her full name was Tessy and that it wasn't a nickname for anything. Maybe she is using Theresa as a full name for her new job, and has changed it on her Instagram so her colleagues can find her.

Maybe Theresa is the name she uses in an international context? As I am indeed sure that her official name is Tessy. Theresa sounds more appropriate for her current social circles.

Maybe Theresa is the name she uses in an international context? As I am indeed sure that her official name is Tessy. Theresa sounds more appropriate for her current social circles.

Perhaps. That would make sense.

Last edited:
"Theresa" has been at Tessy's Instagram for many months already. It hasn't been used in any international events where Tessy has been attending or speaking.
For instance, she will be speaking at WIL Economic Forum KSA in March, and at the website she is Tessy Antony, HRH Princess Tessy de Luxembourg.
https://www.naseba.com/speakers?wom...audi-arabia&pageid=7803&page_title=leadership

I am finding myself fascinated by this. :cool: So she has been given the right to call herself a princess of Luxembourg? Is that the result of the divorce?

It's interesting in that she is identifying herself in that list with a social status position not a personal accomplishment or achieved professional status. Most people make a real attempt to distance their professional life from birth status, and in this case it looks like she is using the royal status granted to her by her now defunct marriage as coat tails for her professional life. Unusual, not so? Or am I misunderstanding?

I am finding myself fascinated by this. :cool: So she has been given the right to call herself a princess of Luxembourg? Is that the result of the divorce?

It's interesting in that she is identifying herself in that list with a social status position not a personal accomplishment or achieved professional status. Most people make a real attempt to distance their professional life from birth status, and in this case it looks like she is using the royal status granted to her by her now defunct marriage as coat tails for her professional life. Unusual, not so? Or am I misunderstanding?

Are they divorced now?

:previous: The Decree Nisi has been issued but the Decree Absolute will not be issued until the financial issues have been settled in court.

:previous: The Decree Nisi has been issued but the Decree Absolute will not be issued until the financial issues have been settled in court.

Thank you. That was my guess too. As long as Tessy is Louis' wife, she can be styled Princess Tessy of Luxembourg. (The discussion was if Tessy could still use the title or not).

Princess Tessy got her copy of 'Killer Intent' signed by author Tony Kent on Thursday evening. She was probably going to or returning from a gala.

Tessy posted the pic on her Instagram page as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be7mr5BhVhvwuYdKVU4LyE5GUY-jwN-ViUb5TM0/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

She had been attending a celebration for Chinese new years as well as a birthday for one of her friends.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6OP34B01jh-VreoHEKekW_J5b0IjQzam-0pw0/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

It seems the party was being hosted by Chopard luxury watches.

The dress was a Diana Wang Couture (same Diana whose birthday it was??)

The grand-ducal family usually is so discreet and down-to-earth. This public display of luxury and parading around on this sort of events is so non-Luxembourg. Tessy really does not fit in that family.

:previous: Something has gone to her head? :ermm: She expects the same interest/respect (whatever it may be) with a divorce-link to the family? Sad if that is what has happened.

Tessy posted the pic on her Instagram page as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be7mr5BhVhvwuYdKVU4LyE5GUY-jwN-ViUb5TM0/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

She had been attending a celebration for Chinese new years as well as a birthday for one of her friends.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6OP34B01jh-VreoHEKekW_J5b0IjQzam-0pw0/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

It seems the party was being hosted by Chopard luxury watches.

The dress was a Diana Wang Couture (same Diana whose birthday it was??)

Thanks for the details! Unfortunately, I cannot see Tessy's instagram links. She made it private again.

Tessy recently wore a Natan dress previously worn by Alexandra:

Last edited:
So she and Louis are now officially divorced?

She is changing her name and title quite often, including into impossible title and name combinations (such as Tessy Antony princess of Luxembourg), so we'll have to wait and see. I assume a formal announcement will be made once everything is finalized.

In her recent interview she apparently asked that 'Tessy de Nassau' was used and her instagram still uses 'Theresa' as her name... In the Seelemag interview it says that she 'held' a royal title, so that suggests that she doesn't hold it any longer and that would be the case after the divorce is finalized.

Last edited:
Her new job according to the magazine us 'Director of the Impact department for the EMEA regions at a global media company'. I am not sure why she qualified for that job given the mess she made of the media in her private life in the last year. However, she knows how to draw attention, so hopefully that will be used for good purposes instead of focussing on herself.

I like her acknowledgement that her title opened doors for her and I agree that her education and dedication mattered but UNAIDS would mostnlikely not have asked her without her title and the exposure that brings even if she had had put in exactly the same hard work. Although she probably compares herself to other titled people and focuses on the fact that she achieved certain things that others in a comparble situation didn't.

Last edited:
I had no idea about her religious leanings (other than formally being catholic), so it's interesting to read that she is attracted to the eastern traditions and meditates. Her belief that there is no religion that fits for everyone is against the teachings of the church she says to attend. Which is the Anglican church (not sure how she connects to her catholic roots by attending an evangelical Anglican church instead of a Roman-Catholic church) that developed the Alhpa Course.

Congratulations and best of luck on her new job. Good article, her humanitarian activities are admirable.

As for her LinkedIn name… it irks me. I understand she needs to rebrand herself yet Tessy Antony de Luxembourg is incorrect. Tessy Antony or Tessy de Nassau (if she is allowed that surname) is more appropriate on a professional networking site. Also, why the teasing / secrecy about the new job? I recall some Instagram posts/comments where she’s excited but couldn't reveal her new position. That was unnecessary.

Tessy's interview with Hanieh Vidmar about public speaking and her projects. Probably done last November as she mentions taking her sons to Dubai weeks ago.
- being a confident speaker and advice to build that confidence (research the topic, bring a friend/family if you can, she prefers to hold onto something)
- identifies with women who feel uneasy returning to the work force after having children
- her title opened doors and opportunities
- briefly mentions rebranding herself in preparation for post-divorce life
- describes how Professors without Borders was founded and its activities (getting commitments from professors, invitations from governments, facilities, etc.)
- Professor without Borders' summer school costs £4-10,000 for 4 teachers for 2 weeks (covers books, accommodation, flights, etc.)

Interview with HRH Princess of Luxembourg, Tessy Antony – Hanieh Vidmar

As for her LinkedIn name… it irks me. I understand she needs to rebrand herself yet Tessy Antony de Luxembourg is incorrect. Tessy Antony or Tessy de Nassau (if she is allowed that surname) is more appropriate on a professional networking site. Also, why the teasing / secrecy about the new job? I recall some Instagram posts/comments where she’s excited but couldn't reveal her new position. That was unnecessary.

I agree, Prisma. It seems that Tessy is using "de Luxembourg" as an additional surname alongside Anthony. If I came across her profile I'd presume it was a fansite who didn't understand how titles worked. Not Tessy herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom