Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: It is interesting to see that in Luxembourg Tessey has been called Tessy Antony since the Decree Nisi yet she uses both that and Princess Tessy.

Oh dear, she really is nothing more than a D-list celebrity now.

Looking at the gallery provided by LadyFinn it seems that this hip-posing trend was common amongst the guests at the event, so Tessy wasn't alone but I do agree that such poses are unnecessary, particularly for someone of previous royal connections as posing seems more like a celebrity habit to me. Nice to see that the lunch raised a lot of money, though. Tessy does a lot of good charity work and I'm glad she's still keeping it up post-divorce.

Being a royal in part is very much being a celebrity. Being in the spotlight and getting attention directed towards charities and causes they are involved in.

She was attending an event that had a red carpet photo op set up by the looks (branded wall behind). What does one expect her to do :ermm: storm past the photographers and refuse to aknowledge them as she goes in. Then she would be 'cold', 'hauty', 'above the lowly people'. Really no win situation.

The important thing is that the event was a success and raised a lot of money :flowers:

Of course she should attend the event as its for charity, where did anyone say she shouldn't. I can think of dozens of royals who have attended, between them, probably close to a million charity events, yet none of them have ever posed like this. To me, and probably many other people, posing like that is very attention grabbing and done to ensure the person looks the best for the photos, royals don't attend events to show they can look good, they do so to do good.

Critiquing Tessy's behaviour is not saying she shouldn't have attended, its saying she should have attended with some dignity and respect for her status and for the family and country she once proudly represented.

Prince Louis and Family, News & Events, Part 2 (April 2017 - present)

Of course she should attend the event as its for charity, where did anyone say she shouldn't. I can think of dozens of royals who have attended, between them, probably close to a million charity events, yet none of them have ever posed like this. To me, and probably many other people, posing like that is very attention grabbing and done to ensure the person looks the best for the photos, royals don't attend events to show they can look good, they do so to do good.

Critiquing Tessy's behaviour is not saying she shouldn't have attended, its saying she should have attended with some dignity and respect for her status and for the family and country she once proudly represented.

Agree wholeheartedly, particularly with the second paragraph. Nobody’s saying that Tessy shouldn’t have attended the event and you summarised exactly how I feel about posing. Any Royal could pose like that and I would still say the same thing because I believe that royals should be more dignified on the red carpet as they are representing a country - there’s the difference between a royal and a celebrity. And one can still be pose in a dignified manner on the red carpet. I have a vendetta with this posing, not a vendetta with Tessy.

Last edited:

How do you suggest she do that I am asking :ermm:

Slip in the back door? Wear a disguise like a waiter to get in so not noticed? Rush past the press so she doesn't get snapped??? I am wondering which of these you recommend.

Royals, even those who aren't the 'lowly soon to be divorced gold digger' ones stop for photos.

BTW she never represented the family or the country. Louis had to give up his place in the family. She may have been eventually given a title, but she has never been a working member of the royal family. Never would be. She is representing nothing but the charity she is there supporting.

Its a red carpet photo op. Everyone who attends the event stops for a photo. Its how things happen at these events.

Rest assured Tessy, if you are a fame whore, for posing for photos you are in very good royal company.

Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Sofia are glamorous in white at Polar Music Prize

Seems to me Countessmeout, that people are saying, the way she posed for the pics, the actual physical poses are like a B-list Hollywood starlet.

And the pics you posted of Victoria and Sofia of Sweden sort of bare that out. They don't have the cocked shoulder and thrust hip, that Tessy unfortunately does in the red carpet photos.

How do you suggest she do that I am asking :ermm:

Slip in the back door? Wear a disguise like a waiter to get in so not noticed? Rush past the press so she doesn't get snapped??? I am wondering which of these you recommend.

Royals, even those who aren't the 'lowly soon to be divorced gold digger' ones stop for photos.

BTW she never represented the family or the country. Louis had to give up his place in the family. She may have been eventually given a title, but she has never been a working member of the royal family. Never would be. She is representing nothing but the charity she is there supporting.

Its a red carpet photo op. Everyone who attends the event stops for a photo. Its how things happen at these events.

Rest assured Tessy, if you are a fame whore, for posing for photos you are in very good royal company.

Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Sofia are glamorous in white at Polar Music Prize

Of course the royals pose for the photographers, when they arrive at an event where they are guests, it is only polite.
When I wrote "Why is Tessy posing like this" I meant, that she is posing like a pageant at a beauty contest or a model at work, or some celebrity.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

It is the same as Clotilde Courau (the spouse of Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia) and Camilla Crociani (the spouse of Carlo di Borbone-Due Sicile) do when they spot a carpet: the vacuumed-in cheeks, the goldfish lips, the model position (one hip off-balance and the head slightly turned) which completely puts me off, like cheap wanna-be starlets frantically sucking the floodlights: me! me! me!

You will never see Mathilde of the Belgians, Catherine of Cambridge or Victoria of Sweden do this. They just do a friendly wave to all well-wishers and walk down the carpet to enter the venue and that is it. And when they are requested to halt indeed: no goldfish lips, no deceiving looks, no modelling poses, just halt ("Thank you gentlemen!") and continue.

I should never done this before the settlement of their divorce.

Princess Tessy attended the Women In Leadership Economic Forum on October 25th in Dubai. Photos and quotes:

Her message for women engineers in Pakistan (Prince Gabriel appears around 0:30)
ETA: fixed date

Tessy creates a lot of confusion around her title. In one tweet she is HRH princess tessy Antony de Luxembourg and in the other two Tessy Antony, HRH princess Tessy of luxembourg.

And exposing her sons to different realities is wonderful but taking them everywhere should at least be done outside of shool days (which she probably does; was the Dubai trip during their fall break?) Furthermore, their privileged lifestyle that she is fighting for to keep is probably the core of the issue.

Last edited:
Tessy creates a lot of confusion around her title. In one tweet she is HRH princess tessy Antony de Luxembourg and in the other two Tessy Antony, HRH princess Tessy of luxembourg.

And exposing her sons to different realities is wonderful but taking them everywhere should at least be done outside of shool days (which she probably does; was the Dubai trip during their fall break?) Furthermore, their privileged lifestyle that she is fighting for to keep is probably the core of the issue.

Her sons are seeing a strong independent woman with a strong work ethic who is making a difference in this world

That's a great role model in my book!

The life style she's allegedly fighting for is for her sons as well, how do you separate the two? If she struggles, they struggle. If she loses her home they lose their home......get the picture?

As for the posters criticising Princess Tessy posing with her hands on her hips (and making the most terrible assumptions about her based on a few seconds of her life)..........you can't be serious?

Others are tweeting about Tessy; she can't control how they title her. They probably don't know or don't care about getting her name/title correct.

As she values education, I assume she took her sons to Dubai during a school break. Not a problem.

Many families downsize when divorce happens. Royals and their spouses have more resources but why should that be different? I very much doubt Tessy and the boys will end up at a homeless shelter. Worse case, they'd move into a smaller home.

It's great Tessy's supporting excellent causes; I admit her poses at the ladies luncheon reminded me of a celebrity. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have been criticized for "celebrity" posing as well. Even Princess Alexandra's pose during the Duchess of Cambridge's visit in May was commented on and that was mild.

If everyone consistently gets it wrong (including the organizors of the summit) that has something to do with her. Especially, if the title on your LinkedIn is "Tessy Antony, P. de Luxembourg'...

I do applaud her for taking on a project such as professors without borders. Her name certainly helped to launch it but they still need to make it come true (so, well done!). Like one of the other posters, I think it would be best if she develops real expertise in a specific area so she can truly make a difference, now it seems that she very much enjoys the celebrity aspect of it whit attention going to her and not as much too the causes she says to support.

My comment regarding her sons was in response to the following statement: ""I take my 2 young boys with me everywhere I go to expose them & enrich their skillset" It is precisely because of their privileged life that this exposure is highly needed. In addition, other parents might like to do the same but just not have the means, so this comes across as self-promotion (look at me, I am such a great mom). So, while I think it is great that she took them (although this conference in Dubai with luxuruous hotels might not really broaden their perspective), I would have liked a slightly different less self-centred focus (maybe it was just a minor comment in a otherwise great talk but somehow this one got highlighted).

Furthermore, I am quite sure that the Luxembourg grand ducal family will make sure that the princes are more than well provided for. Her chosen quite extravagant lifestyle is not at all needed to have a good home and good education for their boys. And yes, some of the Greeks (more precisely the crown prince family) exhibit the same lack of judgment but I recommend her to follow the example of, for example, princess Mabel instead (of course Mabel is in a different situation as a widow instead of divorcee but both are career women living in London with two children of about the same ages).

Last edited:
After my previous criticism that Tessy should focus and develop expertise in a specific area I decided to go back to her actual activities (in the last 9 months - based on this thread) to see whether I could identify some kind of area in which she is trying to develop expertise - as she might show to be more focused if I take a closer look.

The following themes seem to be the ones that she has been focusing most on (however, she has no formal expertise in any of them - by way of education; as that is all focused on 'international relations'; with a thesis on terrorism, biochemical weapons and US response):
- Women (among other topics related to sexual health) - her main relevant background seems to be that she was a young un-wed mother:
1. Global Advocate for Young Women and Adolescent Girls for UNAIDS (1 activity)
2. Involvement with Women In Leadership (2 events)
3. He for She Heroes (Charity Ball where Tessy presented awards)
4. NAZ nOscars (awards ceremony where Tessy presented an award)
- Education:
1. Director and Co-founder of Professors without Borders (1 fundraising activity, 1 speech, 1 meeting about joining forces with gulf futures)
- UN promotion [this seems to be closest to her expertise]:
1. UNA-UK patron (1 activity)
2. UN Peacekeepers (1 activity)

Other events that I either cannot link to a cause because it wasn't clear to me or because there truly is no relationship; they include a lot of fundraising events in which the rich pay a lot to have a very luxurious evening or lunch to benefit some charity; however, why not just donate instead of first using a lot of the money to provide for your very costly entertainment - if raising awareness was the issue, I am sure going to events that advertise as 'the most luxurious charity event in Britain' completely defeats the purpose. It is also noteworthy that she attended 5 different galas and one lunch of which only 2 were related to one of her causes (as far as I could identify).
So, the ones I am unsure of (so any help in identifying how it might relate to one of Tessy's charities/interests is welcome) and/or seem unrelated:
- Party at the Palace (apparently related to one of her charities but which one?)
- Afternoon tea related to talking about some kind of 'martial arts' event?
- Another unknown gala event (October)
- Butterfly Ball (Britain's most luxurious gala event; quite expensive to buy a ticket but excellent for networking among the rich and famous I assume)
- Cartier Racing Awards gala (related to horse riding)
- Caudwell Children Ladies Lunch (same organization as Butterfly Ball)

All in all, if Tessy would just concentrate on the 3 already quite diverse topics (and develop true expertise in these) and stop attending any gala that is not directly related to any of these, it would show that her real focus is on these issues and not on self-promotion. In this light, it might be interesting that she described her dream as starting a business or NGO in which she could bring together business, charity and motherhood.

Last edited:

Even though not formally a working royal, she DID represent the grand ducal family at several occasions. She was one of the family members present at many national day celebration (both in the church as well as receiving guests at the gala dinner), they occasionally joined the family for the Octave (if I am not mistaken), she joined her mother-in-law when visiting bazaars. So, even though Louis was no longer in line to the throne, at 'big events' and some smaller events (including those related to Louis' few patronages) they were just as much part of the grand ducal family/representing the family as his siblings in-line to the throne.

Tessy is the brand ambassador of Annabella Diamonds, and attended yesterday at Miss Luxembourg contest as a guest.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb-CO2rhRJQ/?tagged=missluxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb9-LW7lde3/?tagged=missluxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb_8RaHlHjT/?taken-by=mizdemeanour
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb_7YUzlxz3/?tagged=missluxembourg
Tessy's dress was from Alesha Dixon AW17 collection

Meet our Brand Ambassador the amazing HRH Princess Tessy of Luxembourg. Beautiful, elegant, smart, driven, hardworking... We couldn’t wish for anyone better to represent ANNABELLA DIAMONDS having such a role model for other women with us. Grateful to have you as a friend and our ambassador
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb7f5DnBG-O/?taken-by=annabelladiamonds

Tessy is also a patron of W1Wellness Aesthetic Clinic
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb7ckvagGDy/?taken-by=w1wellness

At this Instagram is a lot of photos of Tessy, among them these
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb48LoSFzW0/?taken-by=mizdemeanour
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb6jSeaFe3R/?taken-by=mizdemeanour
https://www.instagram.com/mizdemeanour/

Last edited:
Being an official 'brand ambassador' for a jewelry brand is definitely questionable - attending a beauty pageant makes it even worse. Of course, royal ladies promote brands from their country but this goes far beyond that.

Didn't Tessy recently wear the dress that we now see on her friend?

:ermm: questionable and celebrity-like. Nothing bars Princess Tessy from accepting such a role but …. this isn't like Princess Madeleine sharing photos of Childhood bracelets or promoting your country's products / businesses. I'd feel the same way of any royal making this kind of arrangement.

Yes, it does appear her friend wore the same red lace dress Tessy wore recently. I wonder if Tessy has some agreement with Little Black Dress company. She's worn 4 dresses affiliated with that brand so far:

Last edited:
The comment 'the royal who simply loves wearing our Little Black Dresses' sounds a little fishy coming from the company itself.

From Instagram of Annabella Diamonds yesterday
"Our amazing Brand Ambassador the one and only HRH Princess @tessy_from_luxembourg and our founder and owner of ANNABELLA DIAMONDS,Carolyn at our London Launch Event"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcMgMGghza7/?tagged=princesstessy

And obviously Tessy is attending at an event of W1Wellness Aesthetic Clinic on 7th December, because they are promoting it with her photo, it has co-operation with Annabella Diamonds.
"Join us for some festive bubbles and Diamonds whilst discussing skin rejuvenation next week on Thursday 7th December 2017 from 4pm - 8pm"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcFMyZeAuTk/?taken-by=w1wellness

Instagram is terrible . No privacy anymore!
Mrs Tessy Luxembourg should stay home and refuse these evening Events before the settlement of the Divorce.
I hope for the Grand Ducal Royal Family , they will not have be a second Sarah of York.

Instagram is terrible . No privacy anymore!
Mrs Tessy Luxembourg should stay home and refuse these evening Events before the settlement of the Divorce.
I hope for the Grand Ducal Royal Family , they will not have be a second Sarah of York.

Perhaps Tessy agreed for the organisations to post about her appearance at their events on their Instagram pages?
With all due respect; I don't think it's fair to say that Tessy should refuse all invites to such events. The fact that she's no longer a member of the GDF shouldn't stop her from supporting causes she believes in and attending events she enjoys. Whilst some of the events, I agree, are verging on the celebrity, just because Tessy once used to represent a GDF shouldn't mean that she should stop attending these events. I am more appreciative of her attendance at charity events than glam-ish designer launch shows though - even though she no longer represents her ex-husband's family, she is still associated with them, and many people still refer to her as Princess Tessy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom