The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

"despite the storm"

Everything comes back to how hard she has it doesn't it? I hope her New Year's resolution is to finally put the past behind her and to start looking forward without always mentioning her ex, her divorce or her being a "single mother". She posted on instagram recently a quote from Elizabethe Gilbert which goes:

“The women I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because sh*t worked out. They got that way because sh*t went wrong and they handled it. They handled it a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes."

At the moment I don't think Tessy is handling her sh*t. I would absolutely love to see her come off social media for a prolonged time - a month or so and I think it would make her a much better, happier person.

Old 12-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Is there really any need to use that sort of expression in public?

Old 12-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I don't think its particularly appropriate but Tessy obviously sees it as so
Old 12-30-2018, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

She's obviously still wallowing in the "poor me's" while posting photographs showing that the life she and her sons are living is hardly one of deprivation. Not only is her sense of proportion out of whack, she's not doing herself any good by implying that favors somehow had something to do with with her situation. Is that a hit at the judge in her divorce? It sounds like it to me, and that is never a wise thing to imply.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Why does Tessy so badly need to involve her son in most messages she presents in all kinds of outlets? She keeps speaking not just in her own name but also in her sons' names ("we do not judge you", did she really discuss with Gabriel and Noah whether they judged or did not judge people who read and comment on stories about their mother's public divorce that she keeps sharing about?).

I wonder how the boys will look back on all of this in 10 years time. It is hard to imagine that they will be happy with especially the public part of their mother's behavior.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness

I don't follow this very closely, but it seems to me that Tessy's biggest fear is to fall into oblivion.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy New Year from Tessy and the boys!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsESyDOF5J9/
Old 01-01-2019, 06:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hmm so despite the “unfair settlement” she can still afford to take her boys to Switzerland at the most expensive time of year?
I wish that Tessy’s New Year’s Resolution is to live less through social media and more in the now. Put the divorce behind her and move on
Old 01-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Why does Tessy so badly need to involve her son in most messages she presents in all kinds of outlets? She keeps speaking not just in her own name but also in her sons' names ("we do not judge you", did she really discuss with Gabriel and Noah whether they judged or did not judge people who read and comment on stories about their mother's public divorce that she keeps sharing about?).

I wonder how the boys will look back on all of this in 10 years time. It is hard to imagine that they will be happy with especially the public part of their mother's behavior.
She keeps on involving her sons, because they are her connection to royalty. They are royal in their own rights, while her own royalty now that she has divorced is in jeopardy. I had heard that she can't style herself princess now that she is divorced and since she wants to remain relevant, she must remind the world that she is the mother of two living princes.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
She keeps on involving her sons, because they are her connection to royalty. They are royal in their own rights, while her own royalty now that she has divorced is in jeopardy. I had heard that she can't style herself princess now that she is divorced and since she wants to remain relevant, she must remind the world that she is the mother of two living princes.
This. And cute kids always get people liking social media posts and sympathy rather than "just" a divorced Princess complaining about how hard she has it. Divorce is horrible no matter who you are but I do think she would benefit from stepping back from Instagram for a while. It's going to make things worse for her in the long run even if it feels good now.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
I had heard that she can't style herself princess now that she is divorced
She and Prince Louis remain legally married. The judgment states that a decree nisi was granted (but not a decree absolute). A decree absolute is required to end the marriage.

HRH Louis Prince of Luxembourg v HRH Tessy Princess of Luxembourg & Anor (Application for Financial Remedy) [2018] EWFC 77 (04 December 2018)
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/apply-for-a-decree-absolute
Old 01-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

They have to wait so many weeks until after the decree nisi is granted to apply for the decree absolute which formally ends the marriage so yes atm they are still legally married.

Edit - 6 weeks and 1 day

The decree absolute is the legal document that ends your marriage.

You need to wait at least 43 days (6 weeks and 1 day) after the date of the decree nisi before you can apply for a decree absolute.

Apply within 12 months of getting the decree nisi - otherwise you will have to explain the delay to the court.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
They have to wait so many weeks until after the decree nisi is granted to apply for the decree absolute which formally ends the marriage so yes atm they are still legally married.

Edit - 6 weeks and 1 day

The decree absolute is the legal document that ends your marriage.

You need to wait at least 43 days (6 weeks and 1 day) after the date of the decree nisi before you can apply for a decree absolute.

Apply within 12 months of getting the decree nisi - otherwise you will have to explain the delay to the court.
In this case, the decree nisi was granted on February 17, 2017 (nearly two years ago), so the waiting period for both of the spouses has elapsed. (From the above link, the petitioner is allowed to apply for decree absolute following the 6 week and 1 day waiting period, but the respondent must wait an extra three months.) Nevertheless, the judgment does make it apparent that there has been no decree absolute and Prince Louis and Princess Tessy are legally married.

The judgment points out the dates of the marriage breakdown, the application for financial remedy orders, and the grant of decree nisi, but there is no reference to any decree absolute.
Very sadly, the marriage broke down in the summer of 2016. The husband moved to Paris where he currently resides with his sister in a family property. The husband expressed an intention to the court to move out of this property and into rented accommodation funded by himself as soon as he is able to afford to do so. The children spend time with each parent but at present reside with the wife in the former matrimonial home in London. Decree nisi was granted on 17 February 2017. Application for financial remedy orders made on 25 January 2017.
The judge noted he was asked to decide about the fate of Princess Tessy's titles following the granting of decree absolute. That, too, suggests the decree absolute is in the future.
I determined that this court did not have jurisdiction to decide issues concerning the fate of the wife's Royal titles following the granting of decree absolute, the arrangements for communication between the wife and the Royal Family of Luxembourg following the conclusion of these proceedings or the compilation of a joint Press Release from the wife and the husband concerning these proceedings.
As the judge was also asked to decide "issues concerning … the compilation of a joint Press Release from the wife and the husband concerning these proceedings", I think we can expect a press release from at least one of the spouses if and when the couple finally divorce.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Majesty

You have to hand it to Tessy, asking the UK court to rule on her retaining her Luxembourgish Royal title. It showed that it was important to her to retain both the title and lifestyle of a Luxembourgish royal to maintain her lifestyle.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:20 AM
Aristocracy

Yeah I believe that falls under the heading "nice try". I'm not sure the divorce courts would even rule what a British divorced former member of the royal family would be, let alone the Luxembourgish GDF. She probably thought she'd get more of a right to retain former titles there than from decrees already laid down in Lux.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tessy published at her Instagram 10 photos of her with her sons
"My top 10 Musketeer moments Being a mummy is the best feeling in the whole world. Showing them the world, laughing with them, crying with them, teaching them, loving them, observing them, and supporting them to become the best they can be fills me with pride, joy and gives me internal peaceI am not perfect, however, as Gabriel put it beautifully for Christmas “mama we know you work so hard for us everyday and trying to give us everything we need and want and we appreciate it. We don’t need a castle to be happy, we have all the happiness with you already”. ..."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsIHMRZls9r/
Old 01-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
.... We don’t need a castle to be happy, we have all the happiness with you already”. ..."

oh dear .. she obviously needs to advertise herself

Old 01-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
oh dear .. she obviously needs to advertise herself

What a ridiculous post from Tessy!
Old 01-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
What a ridiculous post from Tessy!
seems like most of her posts are ridiculous. She will give up if she gets no interest or response.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Tessy published at her Instagram 10 photos of her with her sons
"“mama we know you work so hard for us everyday and trying to give us everything we need and want and we appreciate it. We don’t need a castle to be happy, we have all the happiness with you already”. ..."
I don't know why; but this feels more like Tessy projecting how she thinks her sons feel about her rather than a direct quote from them, since it seems more like something she would post herself, in her own words. I'm sure Gabriel and Noah are lovely young boys and I don't doubt that they have respect for and love their mother though this just seems a bit fishy to me.
Tessy is getting into the "crying wolf" stage of looking for sympathy and attention for me, I'm afraid.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread