The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 07:36 AM
Courtier

I'm shocked that Louis' family doesn't want Gabriel and Noah and their mother to stay living in their home. They have the means and Tessy might be working but she seems at a loose end and support for her is important for the boys' welfare and her own.

Writing a book is what Tessy is going to do because she wants to bring in money. The Princess history is what makes her different from everyone else looking for high paid positions.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Writing a book about Your divorce is pretty low IMO. The Grand Ducal family offered her another house up to £1.5 mill I think which is pretty fair to me. Maybe Louis wants to live in the house they once shared, why shouldn't he be able to live there with the boys? At the end of the day the Grand Ducal Family have assured her of housing until her youngest leaves university and that is a lot more than many would expect or get. Given all the fuss she is making I am surprised the Family are offering her anything as they don’t technically need to.

It amazes me how when it suits she is "just like every other woman" yet she clings to her Princes title for dear life and tries to get as much money out her in-laws as possible.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:57 AM
Courtier

Yes, it is low. It is not what someone who feels valued and with a secure future would do.
Tessy is floundering for us all to see. I think it's sad.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Writing a book about Your divorce is pretty low IMO. The Grand Ducal family offered her another house up to £1.5 mill i tbink which is pretty fair to me. Maybe Louis wants to live in the house they once shared? At the end of the day they have assured her of housing until her youngest leaves university. Given all the fuss she is making I am surprised the Family are offering her anything as they don’t technically need to.

You’re right they don’t have to but surely they will have learned from what happened with Fergie. Fergie got a low payout in royal divorce terms and has since felt that she needs to support herself by promoting any number of products and by writing books.

The more the Ducal family don’t support Tessy and the children financially, the more risk in the long term that Tessy will enter into ventures that will prove embarrassing to them particularly if she is struggling financially.

I have to say though I am still disappointed in Louis. He is the father of two boys and in his 30’s and is still relying on his parents to sort this out as he doesn’t work. I appreciate he has dyslexia but that wouldn’t be a valid excuse for a non royal with two children not to find a way to support them. Louis has links to many connections to find employment and should be able to adequately support his own children by himself.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

In fairness we don’t know what Louis is doing, if he is working unpaid for a chairty, for instance, would we be a bit more sympathetic? Personally I have always thought all the grand ducal couple’s children get the same treatment, so each gets the same level of allowance, a house to live in (owned by the family trust or whatever it is) and then the facilities and travel described in the divorce judgement - use of family properties for holidays, upgrades etc. The only one who probably gets more is Guillaume as heir.
Thus if the other children work they are supplementing this allowance. In reality most people in their position don’t have to work to live but work for something to do each day. Its sad is Louis is just idling his days but if he is doing other things with his time - charity work etc- then that is good for him.
We really only know Teasys side of it and, from the judgement, that Louis is not being paid.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
In fairness we don’t know what Louis is doing, if he is working unpaid for a chairty, for instance, would we be a bit more sympathetic? Personally I have always thought all the grand ducal couple’s children get the same treatment, so each gets the same level of allowance, a house to live in (owned by the family trust or whatever it is) and then the facilities and travel described in the divorce judgement - use of family properties for holidays, upgrades etc. The only one who probably gets more is Guillaume as heir.
Thus if the other children work they are supplementing this allowance. In reality most people in their position don’t have to work to live but work for something to do each day. Its sad is Louis is just idling his days but if he is doing other things with his time - charity work etc- then that is good for him.
We really only know Teasys side of it and, from the judgement, that Louis is not being paid.
We know what Louis is doing. According to his bio at the grand ducal website "Currently Prince Louis lives in Paris and works as a directional consultant at Laurent Meeschaert Conseil. He is helping people learn to know themselves, find their strengths and weaknesses, learn how and where to make best use of these strengths and weaknesses and help in the management of internal and external conflicts. He plans offer these consulting services to companies and individuals alike. Prince Louis has a strong understanding of and will to help people with dyslexia due to his own personal experience and training given by Beatrice Sauvageot, who is
one of the leading experts in this field."
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...eLouis2018.pdf

And Louis is listed to "Our team" at the website of Laurent Meeschaert Conseil.
Our team - LAURENT MEESCHAERT Consultants

It seems that for now he doesn't get salary of being a consultant.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Tessy is showing that she is not a good person. Because of her attitudes the life of Prince Louis was exposed like never before. Louis and his brothers do not really need paid work, they belong to one of the richest royal families in the world, and that's understandable. Alexandra is in Paris working on charity projects, according to what is known, Sebastian was in the army and is now looking for work, and Felix works in the wine company of his wife's family. According to what is known of the brothers of the Grand Duke Henri few were those who had paid work. I do not think the sisters ever worked. Tessy is only interested in maintaining her lifestyle and showing her ingratitude to the children's father and the grand ducal family.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Tesy is worse writing a book and using louis and his family and her royal links to boost sales than Louis living off his parents money while doing unpaid work.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think Tesy is worse writing a book and using louis and his family and her royal links to boost sales than Louis living off his parents money while doing unpaid work.

I also think. So far she has also lived on this money and wants to continue living. Tessy is showing a bad character. I hope Louis is able to overcome all this and can make his normal life and be with his children.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

I thought Tessy could no longer use the title of Princess, since technically she is no longer a Princess of Luxembourg. I also don’t understand the book. Why? Is she so bitter about the breakup, which seemed to be more about them growing up and apart than anything? Is she not concerned how this looks to her children? The constant sniping/digs at their paternal side seems unnecessary. If she’s truly independent and a strong woman, succeed without them. That’s the best revenge.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
I thought Tessy could no longer use the title of Princess, since technically she is no longer a Princess of Luxembourg. I also don’t understand the book. Why? Is she so bitter about the breakup, which seemed to be more about them growing up and apart than anything? Is she not concerned how this looks to her children? The constant sniping/digs at their paternal side seems unnecessary. If she’s truly independent and a strong woman, succeed without them. That’s the best revenge.
They are still not divorced.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
They are still not divorced.
Thanks. I thought it was finalized.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:00 PM
Majesty

Almost. It needs a rubber stamp six weeks after the settlement or some such.

Tessy is unhappy because she had asked for the family home and it's upkeep, and £5 million as a settlement, spousal support, the family car and, of course, the continued upkeep of the children and their boarding school fees, extra-curriculum activities, etc.

She resigned her job to write this book.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Seems pretty silly to give up a £75,000 a year job to write a book when you have little experience and aren’t that well known at all. Bad decision IMO
Old 12-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Her reasoning might be that now she no longer has an income so Louis' parents should provide for her.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:11 PM
Majesty

I understand the spousal support has already been set.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

What surname is Tessy currently using?
Old 12-24-2018, 02:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
What surname is Tessy currently using?
It varies...Antony or de Nassau

Tessy Antony de Luxembourg on Linkedin
Tessy de Nassau on her website
Tessy Antony, Princess de Luxembourg on Twitter
Princess Tessy de Nassau on the recent madimagazine's instagram post about her court experience/upcoming book
Old 12-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Administrator

I don't know why she would ask the continued upkeep of the children and their boarding school fees, extra-curriculum activities, etc. I would assume that Louis would pay for that anyway.

I must say, I am still shocked that there was no prenup.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Majesty

It would not have mattered if they had as Prenuptial Agreements are not binding in the UK although if they are fair and both parties are happy they are inclined to follow the spirit of the prenup.

The children's upkeep, education, etc. was taken care of by the family anyway and that was never going to change.