Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
How long does it usually take for a divorce to be official?

Well from decree nisi you have to wait 6weeks and 1 day until you can apply for the decree absolute and that's for the most simple, amicable of divorces.

So far we only know that a decree nisi has been granted which is simply a court saying it sees no reason a divorce can't be granted. A divorce in the UK is not legal until a decree absolute is granted and often people are advised not to apply for the decree absolute until all financial& custody matters etc are settled. It really all depends on what other proceedings over the children and finances the couple are going through.

Last edited:
In the second part of the interview Tessy mentions that she is starting a consulting firm. I always wonder how someone can do a full time job well and tons of different projects on the side next to having a family. Something must be suffering from this arrangement.

Well from decree nisi you have to wait 6weeks and 1 day until you can apply for the decree absolute and that's for the most simple, amicable of divorces.
So far we only know that a decree nisi has been granted which is simply a court saying it sees no reason a divorce can't be granted. A divorce in the UK is not legal until a decree absolute is granted and often people are advised not to apply for the decree absolute until all financial& custody matters etc are settled. It really all depends on what other proceedings over the children and finances the couple are going through.
Thanks for the explanation!
Settling financial and custody issues are said to be the longest stages in a divorce. One can assume that Tessy is going to use the title "Princess" as long as she can.

Last edited:
:previous: The Luxembourg Grand Ducal Court seem to deem the decree nisi as the divorce, even if the financial details are not ironed out. Separation, in their Grand Ducal laws also results in the loss of titles etc. Since I don't think Tessy and Louis are living together that may be that.

In the second part of the interview Tessy mentions that she is starting a consulting firm. I always wonder how someone can do a full time job well and tons of different projects on the side next to having a family. Something must be suffering from this arrangement.

Why must something be suffering??? Many people manage to hold a full time job and have hobbies/do charity work and more.

Likely being divorced has actually opened up more time for her. She doesn't have her sons full time any more. When her sons are with their father, she has more time to focus on her charity work and travel for work as well. The good thing about working as a consultant, you set your own schedule. Its likely why she chooses that route.

I think she is living in the now, she has a certain level of "fame" or "pull" as an ex members of a European RF. Sadly though she is burning bridges fast, with her former in-laws and family and people who use to like her. In a decade or so she will regret having been so outspoken, yes she is probably making a few ££ out of it now, but wouldn't you really rather have a good relationship with 1/2 of your kids family than a few extra ££?

What bridges? Do you think the RF were going to continue to fund her lifestyle and include her in family events? They are her ex family.

A few extra pounds? It is her job. She is making an income to support herself and her kids. Should she move into a 2 bedroom apartment in the country, become a librarian and put her kids in public school so she doesn't have to be seen???

If she was a man would anyone expect her to?? No. Because a man is meant to be ambitious and build a career. A woman is meant to be a mom and be the quiet little perfect ex wife.

Tessy was never a member of the RF. She could have lived a private life of priviledge and enjoyed the perks. Instead she went to school, built a career, and established a charity. Did she have these oppurtunities because of her marriage? Of course. Were they just handed to her on a silver platter? No, she still worked for them. Why should she give them up because her soon to be ex husband had exited the picture?

I don't understand all this. If you have friends and family, you talk to them, send them presents and cards, write or email... visit them. YOu don't need to tell everyone you're doing it...

Different generations obviously. People all up in arms about her social media, wonder do you have any social media accounts? My 70 year old father made a birthday post for me on facebook :lol: Nothing Tessy is doing is different then any person you meet on the street.

Why must something be suffering??? Many people manage to hold a full time job and have hobbies/do charity work and more.

Likely being divorced has actually opened up more time for her. She doesn't have her sons full time any more. When her sons are with their father, she has more time to focus on her charity work and travel for work as well. The good thing about working as a consultant, you set your own schedule. Its likely why she chooses that route.

What bridges? Do you think the RF were going to continue to fund her lifestyle and include her in family events? They are her ex family.

A few extra pounds? It is her job. She is making an income to support herself and her kids. Should she move into a 2 bedroom apartment in the country, become a librarian and put her kids in public school so she doesn't have to be seen???

If she was a man would anyone expect her to?? No. Because a man is meant to be ambitious and build a career. A woman is meant to be a mom and be the quiet little perfect ex wife.

Tessy was never a member of the RF. She could have lived a private life of priviledge and enjoyed the perks. Instead she went to school, built a career, and established a charity. Did she have these oppurtunities because of her marriage? Of course. Were they just handed to her on a silver platter? No, she still worked for them. Why should she give them up because her soon to be ex husband had exited the picture?

Different generations obviously. People all up in arms about her social media, wonder do you have any social media accounts? My 70 year old father made a birthday post for me on facebook :lol: Nothing Tessy is doing is different then any person you meet on the street.

Nobody is really expecting Tessy to be unambitious and not build her career. I admired that she took advantage of the opportunities she had after she met Louis and went to school and even believed she could have done the schooling in London had she not met him. I object to the shameless self-promotion, regardless of who she is, selling yourself as an expert when you haven't earned your stripes, calling yourself a philanthropist when that's a title others bestow on you as recognition of your charitable deeds. I think she lacks self awareness, and is concerned more about building her brand of celebrity philanthropist than becoming a respected expert in her field, whatever her field is, and letting her work speak for itself so that others praise her instead of she herself doing so.

I also think that if she were a man formerly married to a princess and does the exact same thing Tessy is doing, that the criticism would be the same. Imagine if a male posts photos of himself drinking, like she did, going on interviews, making remarks with double meanings about bringing down old institutions or whatever it was she said. Actually, I think the criticisms would be worse.

That she posts too much photos of her children is a personal objection. I understand a lot of people do this and to each their own but I hope she is wise about her children's security. And yes, I have a very active Instagram account featuring travel photos. Sometimes I am tempted to post my nieces' photos but I would rather not have their pics end up on the dark web. I admire famous and regular people who have managed to hide their kids' faces from the public, but again, that is my personal preference. You can't be paranoid enough when it comes to photos of children on the internet.

On Tessy's Instagram "Ask me one question"
What is your title in this moment?
tessy_from_luxembourg same as always
Princess Tessy of Luxembourg? With or without the *HRH* ?
tessy_from_luxembourg nothing has changed.

So, the follow-up question was 'why do you use 'Tessy Antony' in combination with your title as you cannot be both?

Yes, she isn't the only one whose work and/or family is suffering because of someone taking on too many other resposibilities. Time and energy is limited, so it's wonderful if people do more than the minimal of what is expected but there are limits to what you can do reasonably well without other commitments suffering.

No, not fund her excessive lifestyle that she got used to and seems to enjoy. However, the family is still on very good terms with prince Jean's ex-wife who is invited to various events, so it certainly would have been possible to stay in touch with her (former) in-laws.

The self-promotion is what most people have trouble with. Having a nice job and doing something wortwhile are great things. Choosing those so you can be admired is less admirable.

Tessy was never a member of the RF. She could have lived a private life of priviledge and enjoyed the perks. Instead she went to school, built a career, and established a charity. Did she have these oppurtunities because of her marriage? Of course. Were they just handed to her on a silver platter? No, she still worked for them. Why should she give them up because her soon to be ex husband had exited the picture.
First, I truly hope her reaching her goals was not the reason he exited the picture and second, she still lived a life of priviledge while studying and starting a charity. She benefits at least as much as the people she aims to support. It is a very thin line, especially when you are among the rich and famous, to truly do good and reflect that in your whole life instead of using it for self-promotion. Nonetheless, the alternative is in many (but not all) cases worse.

On Tessy's Instagram "Ask me one question"
What is your title in this moment?
tessy_from_luxembourg same as always
Princess Tessy of Luxembourg? With or without the *HRH* ?
tessy_from_luxembourg nothing has changed.

Interesting looking at the questions she answered and those she chose to ignore. E.g. do you get on with your mother in law? Ignored. I get why but still ...

Nobody is really expecting Tessy to be unambitious and not build her career. I admired that she took advantage of the opportunities she had after she met Louis and went to school and even believed she could have done the schooling in London had she not met him. I object to the shameless self-promotion, regardless of who she is, selling yourself as an expert when you haven't earned your stripes, calling yourself a philanthropist when that's a title others bestow on you as recognition of your charitable deeds. I think she lacks self awareness, and is concerned more about building her brand of celebrity philanthropist than becoming a respected expert in her field, whatever her field is, and letting her work speak for itself so that others praise her instead of she herself doing so.

I also think that if she were a man formerly married to a princess and does the exact same thing Tessy is doing, that the criticism would be the same. Imagine if a male posts photos of himself drinking, like she did, going on interviews, making remarks with double meanings about bringing down old institutions or whatever it was she said. Actually, I think the criticisms would be worse.

That she posts too much photos of her children is a personal objection. I understand a lot of people do this and to each their own but I hope she is wise about her children's security. And yes, I have a very active Instagram account featuring travel photos. Sometimes I am tempted to post my nieces' photos but I would rather not have their pics end up on the dark web. I admire famous and regular people who have managed to hide their kids' faces from the public, but again, that is my personal preference. You can't be paranoid enough when it comes to photos of children on the internet.

If you expect her to hide away and not promote herself, yes you are expecting her to sacrifice her career. That is her career. She is working with a media company among other things. This is how she makes her money.

She isn't selling herself as a philanthropist. She is promoting charities she is involved with. How is that shameless? How do you think charities get funding? Its no different then royals attending big events to promote charities like polo matches or black tie events. Professors without borders and the organizations she works with need funding. The people who work with them give interviews and do events, to raise awareness and funding. People bellyaching over her promoting her charity work seem to have little to no concept of how charities actually get funding.

It seems people are really unrealistic. They expect her to be a little country mouse librarian. Oh well if she is really good, maybe she will get invited to a birthday party by the royal family :bang:

Why should she throw away everything she has built? Just because her marriage was the reason she got the chances? Did people expect Diana to throw away her charity work and go into hiding when she divorced? No. Who would benefit? The charities she helped establish? No. Her sons? No. Her? No. No one would benefit from her hiding under a rock.

There are plenty of pictures of royals drinking. Even the queen. Is she posting pictures of wild raves and her half drunk and hanging out of cars? No. This isn't the 1920's, and no one should expect her to be some quaint little country mouse wife.

Somehow Diana did her charity work with a lot more class than Tessy is showing.

If you expect her to hide away and not promote herself, yes you are expecting her to sacrifice her career. That is her career. She is working with a media company among other things. This is how she makes her money.

She isn't selling herself as a philanthropist. She is promoting charities she is involved with. How is that shameless? How do you think charities get funding? Its no different then royals attending big events to promote charities like polo matches or black tie events. Professors without borders and the organizations she works with need funding. The people who work with them give interviews and do events, to raise awareness and funding. People bellyaching over her promoting her charity work seem to have little to no concept of how charities actually get funding.

It seems people are really unrealistic. They expect her to be a little country mouse librarian. Oh well if she is really good, maybe she will get invited to a birthday party by the royal family :bang:

Why should she throw away everything she has built? Just because her marriage was the reason she got the chances? Did people expect Diana to throw away her charity work and go into hiding when she divorced? No. Who would benefit? The charities she helped establish? No. Her sons? No. Her? No. No one would benefit from her hiding under a rock.

There are plenty of pictures of royals drinking. Even the queen. Is she posting pictures of wild raves and her half drunk and hanging out of cars? No. This isn't the 1920's, and no one should expect her to be some quaint little country mouse wife.

Again, nobody expects her to throw away anything she has built. Nobody wants her to hide under a rock and be a mousy librarian as you say. Who wants that for anyone, really?

Actually small and new organizations survive by having a good financial model, as well as through volunteerism and if one is lucky, through grants and if one is verrry lucky, the patronages of some very rich people. These things are possible through thorough research, rarely through celebrity endorsements. In fact some of the most important NGOs in the world fly under the radar.

And I think royals supporting a charity is very different from somebody like Tessy supporting one. The former officially announcing patronage for a non profit means that the organization has been vetted at the highest level, therefore trustworthy and doing quality work, making them more attractive to sincere donors. Pseudo celebrities simply do not have that kind of authority. In fact, they could even be destructive to charities as all too often we've seen charities used for money laundering and tax breaks.

Anyway, she does put philanthropist in her profile on IG and I find that funny. Maybe she will find her bearing, but right now it is very hard to take her seriously. (But then I'm allergic to people who sign up for many things as a way of supposedly building their credentials and then accomplish little)

I do think that in an alternate world, had she and Louis went the traditional route and had she become a working princess with a clear portfolio, with clear directions, support, guidance and limitations from wherever Luxembourgish working royals get their directions from, that she would have done a good job as a princess is expected to support charities at once and needs neither NGO credentials nor expertise to be credible.

Last edited:
Tessy is not just promoting charities she is involved in. She is also promoting (luxury) brands who are rather fond of having a princess promote their products. If she would be representing Luxembourg and trying to promote a Luxembourgish brand that would be rather different from a separated princess who is calling herself by her maiden name at the same time promoting whatever comes her way that both she snd the brand benefit from.

She is clearly trying to establishing a name for herself building off her royal past while her divorce isn't even finalized yet.

Moreover, previously she worked for a security company. Not sure how media attention for yourself (not the company!) would be that important. In her current role it might be a little different. She probably got the role precisely because of her title. So far, I have not seen any evidence in her background that would qualify her for the job (she might have qualities I am not aware of of course). On the contrary, she has handle the communication around her separation/divorce rather badly so far.

She and Louis are still not officially divorced?

It appears they are not.

Personally I don't have a problem with her working or raising money for charities. That said for all her talk of female empowerment I view her association, and that of her charity, with a cosmetic centre (aka light cosmetic surgery clinic) rather odd. It appears counter intuitive IMO.
Undeniably IMO she has courted attention for financial benefit, either for her or charities or more likely for both. Looking at many charities out there, and Tessy seems involved with so many, one has to wonder how much good they are actually doing - how much do they give to people in need or are they just a way for Tessy to create a brand for herself? She seems to move from one thing to another all teh time ratehr than sticking at one cause - she created Professors without Borders, well actually two other people did and she jumped on board after, but since then has taken on role after role, that may be commendable to some but given she is working as well and apparently setting up her own consultancy business I doubt how much time she is giving to these charities. Not that I think she sees it that way, I do genuinely think she sees herself as doing good.

Last edited:
So, the follow-up question was 'why do you use 'Tessy Antony' in combination with your title as you cannot be both?

I also read this and thought of the same question. She's not giving a full answer here.

Yet I wonder why answer that question and ignore others? Its tied up with the divorce so I'm surprised she didn't pass on answering it. Clearly her title is very important to her which seems odd given how low key Tessy and Louis were when married.

Another little dig from Tessy to her ex family, a picture of a cancelled photo shoot at the palace
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjr-oNIBVaR/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

she writes:"Lots has happened in that place... but one thing is sure, I have meet amazing people who work in the castle who aren’t always respected for who they are. I see the human behind their work and ambitions and can only say that some of them I incredibly miss!" :ermm:

I am glad that "my maid Fatima" & the staff of the palace are "respected for who they are" by Princess Tessy. And from this message it is clear what they are to the Pss: tools that she can use for self-aggrandizement. If there was any honesty in her message she could have shown a photo of the staff, instead of a very glamorous picture of herself.

The message is IMHO narcissistic, patronizing and quite the opposite from respectful. The intention is not to "tell the story behind the photo" -she doesn't tell the story- but to show off. Again. And added are infantile & nasty insinuations about her in-laws. Again.

Last edited:
It's unnecessary. There were plenty of photos from National Day gala that year. To be fair, the Cour's media or communication team isn't great (wrong dates, missed events, poor photo quality at times, inconsistent agenda listing) but improving lately. More social media posts, quicker updates, birthday photos although Prince Felix didn't get new photos released...

Is this a reference to the harassment / unfair dismissal lawsuit a maid filed against the Cour?

Well Tessy is showing her true colour IMO. "Look here is a picture of me in a fantastic gown taken by a member of staff, but most importantly look I look fab. I was so sad that the professional photographers weren't abel to take my picture but thankfully there was someone else there to capture how fantastic I looked"
The dig at the staff 'not being respected' is just petty and catty. I wouldn't be surprised if the Grand Ducal Family's lawyers aren't getting in touch with Tessy's soon. She has shown she can't help but be spiteful and lower the tone. Yet she is clever enough to be circumspect enough about it to be able to deny it. Either come out and say what you are trying to imply or shut up IMO.

Tessy was never a member of the RF.

Formally, Princess Tessy remains a member of the Grand Ducal Family as the family bylaws define it: all direct marital descendants of Grand Duchess Charlotte and their spouses and widow/ers.

Décret grand-ducal du 18 juin 2012 portant coordination du Statut de famille du 5 mai 1907. - Legilux
Luxarazzi translation - Family Bylaws Concerning the House Law of the House of Luxembourg-Nassau

The Grand Ducal Line consists of all direct marital descendants of Grand Duke Adolph (agnates and cognates). (male and female line)

The Grand Ducal Family consists of all direct marital descendants of Grand Duchess Charlotte. The spouses, widows and widowers of members of the Grand Ducal Family are included as well.

[...]

[…]

Spouses of members of the Grand Ducal House only become members of the house if the head of the house has given his written consent to the marriage.

The Luxembourg Grand Ducal Court seem to deem the decree nisi as the divorce, even if the financial details are not ironed out. Separation, in their Grand Ducal laws also results in the loss of titles etc. Since I don't think Tessy and Louis are living together that may be that.

The bylaws say that loss of a wife's titles occurs after a séparation de corps or a divorce is granted. Because the term séparation de corps describes a legal separation granted by a court, simply living apart and being granted a decree nisi will not cause titles to be lost.

Im Falle einer Ehetrennung (séparation de corps), einer Ehescheidung oder einer Wiederverheiratung nach dem Tod verlieren die Gemahlinnen die ihnen verliehenen Prädikate und Titel.

In case of a legal separation, a divorce or remarriage after death, the wives lose the style and title conferred upon them.

Séparation de corps

Au lieu de demander le divorce pour faute ou pour rupture de la vie commune, les époux peuvent, en invoquant les mêmes causes, se contenter de former une demande en séparation de corps.

La séparation de corps leur permet de vivre séparés tout en restant mariés.

La procédure ne pourra avoir lieu par consentement mutuel des époux.

La procédure est intentée par voie d’avocat à la Cour devant le tribunal d'arrondissement.

https://guichet.public.lu/citoyens/...n-divorce/forme-divorce-separation/index.html

Last edited:
Hopefully after the divorce she will just go away plus with no title I'm sure her royal Instagram followers will soon unfollow her.

The Grand Ducal Line consists of all direct marital descendants of Grand Duke Adolph (agnates and cognates). (male and female line)

The Grand Ducal Family consists of all direct marital descendants of Grand Duchess Charlotte. The spouses, widows and widowers of members of the Grand Ducal Family are included as well.

The Grand Ducal House consists of the head of state as head of the house, the former heads of state, first grade descendants of a head of the house born within a marriage according to the house rules, and the members of the family called upon to succeed to the throne according to the laws of primogeniture. The in-law spouses and widows/widowers of members according to the house rules and of deceased heads of state are included. The aforementioned widows and widowers will lose their membership to the Grand Ducal House in case of remarriage.

[…]

Spouses of members of the Grand Ducal House only become members of the house if the head of the house has given his written consent to the marriage.

A small correction. In the translation by Luxarazzi, "first grade descendants of a head of the house born within a marriage according to the house rules, and the members of the family called upon to succeed to the throne according to the laws of primogeniture" should read "first grade descendants of a head of the house, and those of the member of the family called upon to succeed to the throne according to the laws of primogeniture, born within a marriage according to the house rules".

Das Großherzogliche Haus (la Maison Grand-Ducale) besteht aus dem Staatsoberhaupt als Hauschef, den ehemaligen Staatsoberhäuptern und den aus einer hausrechtsmäßig gültigen Ehe geborenen Nachkommen ersten Grades eines Hauschefs sowie diejenigen des nach Primogeniturrecht zur Thronfolge berufenen Hausmitglieds.

This means that children of the Grand Duke and children of the Hereditary Grand Duke belong to the Grand Ducal House (assuming that the marriage of their parents was according to the house rules), without regard to succession rights. Other marital descendants of Grand Duchess Charlotte are "only" members of the Grand Ducal Family, even those in the succession to the throne.

Therefore Prince Louis is a member of the Grand Ducal House, whereas Princess Tessy (as the grand duke did not give his written consent to the marriage) and their sons are only members of the Grand Ducal Family.

As per the bylaws, Grand Ducal Family members who do not belong to the Grand Ducal House are nevertheless eligible for titles, coats of arms, and financial support from the grand duke, but they are excluded from activities such as the family advisory council.

Oh Tessy, Tessy... I can understand being hurt by the divorce, but it’s not professional to post such digs so publicly, and it doesn’t give her a very good image personality-wise either. Even though she is no longer married to Prince Louis, she still uses her title and thus is technically a member of the ducal house and should act accordingly whilst still in this position IMO. That’s not to say that she should completely go under the radar (although it might do her some good to have a bit of a digital and media detox, it might help her clear her mind which is obviously going through a lot at the moment), but whilst still attached to her title she should behave responsibly online as she would have done whilst still married.

Oh Tessy, Tessy... I can understand being hurt by the divorce, but it’s not professional to post such digs so publicly, and it doesn’t give her a very good image personality-wise either. Even though she is no longer married to Prince Louis, she still uses her title and thus is technically a member of the ducal house and should act accordingly whilst still in this position IMO. That’s not to say that she should completely go under the radar (although it might do her some good to have a bit of a digital and media detox, it might help her clear her mind which is obviously going through a lot at the moment), but whilst still attached to her title she should behave responsibly online as she would have done whilst still married.

She is still married to Prince Louis.

Tessy attends UK Youth gala last night 13 June

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-iljghNul/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Tessy today is in Lebanon for a firend's wedding

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkFzsoGh0o1/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkFYR8RBsPQ/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Tessy and her favorite poem

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkagc0ih3bU/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Tessy with Lady Kitty Spencer attends today at the charity lunch for @give_us_time a charity that raises funds for military families to find back some quality time to recover

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkiYFMYhTo6/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Tessy attends tonight at the launch of Karen Suen Jewellery

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkni6shhwal/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

"I N S P I R A T I O N A L W O M E N
We are thrilled to introduce to you Tessy Antony - Business Woman, Philanthropist and UNAides Ambassador."
'My name is Tessy and I am a single mum of two incredible boys. Originally from LUXEMBOURG I lived in 5 different countries and worked with thousands of people.
For me, of course my divorce was definitely one of the most difficult situations I have ever faced. I experienced the same feelings and emotions when I miscarried my third child.
I cried for years over these two situations. Yet, I always sourced strength from my two healthy and happy boys who mean the world to me.'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkpI8cznING/?taken-by=jeannechavany

Last edited by a moderator:
Awfull , she was so much better in her former life !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom