The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Majesty

Wise decision indeed. Poor her, she must have got so much criticism for publishing too much, such as in this ocasion or the one when she denied some rumours published by a magazine on her career (her military career or otherwise, I can't remember). I can imagine this was probably not something the court approved of.
However, it is a shame for us as I enjoyed reading what she had been up to. She's very engaged in her work and I find that the GD family doesn't tend to publish much about her activities so I enjoyed reading her account, but understand the reasons behind setting it to be private.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I follow Tessy on Instagram and I too have noticed the increasing amount of personal captions lately. I am also trying not to read too much into her captions; but I too think that it was a wise decision to put her account on private as such captions don't seem to fit with a public account.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-01-2017, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Such a pity, I appreciated her posts
Old 01-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy

I think it's really sad that Princess Tessy has been forced to make her account private, I really enjoyed her posts

She's a very accomplished young woman who is doing amazing things and who gave us a rare insight into her life

She has also highlighted some very important causes that she is involved in

She certainly doesn't deserve criticism or negative speculation because IMO she is an incredible asset to the Luxembourg royal family

I wish her and her family well
Old 01-02-2017, 01:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I’m not sure it was criticism that caused Tessy to make her Instagram private. I checked her account sporadically and recall supportive/positive comments. Of course, private messages could have been completely nasty or nosy. Who knows. Maybe she didn’t anticipate the reaction her recent posts would generate and she realized "oops, I’ve shared too much" or "I created a situation I didn’t mean to" and I need to step back.

I appreciated following her work and travels. There were only a few posts I disliked; the ones where she highlighted/promoted her friends’ candles or products. That felt odd/tacky to me.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:29 AM
Courtier

I enjoyed Tessy's posts because it showed a lot of the behind-the-scenes work they royals do. Such a shame
Old 01-02-2017, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she's just temporarily made it private. Perhaps just to get a breather if there have been comments that she's been uncomfortable with or maybe even to delete some posts she's regretted making. A lot of well-known people do that – besides, her making the account private now really doesn't mean it actually will be private because all the people who followed her when it was public will still be able to see her posts.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
WShe's very engaged in her work and I find that the GD family doesn't tend to publish much about her activities so I enjoyed reading her account, but understand the reasons behind setting it to be private.
The re4ason that the GD court does not publish her activites is that her husband is no longer in the line of succession.
They also don't publish the activities of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla who are not even featured on the Website (only in the bio of GD Jean) and he is still in line of succession.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

I think she'll learn, eventually, which posts to publish and how to package posts so that her personality and her work can still be emphasized. I honestly feel it's best if she publishes fewer photos of the young princes, just because they're minors and it's within her power not to have too many personal photos of them out there. Maybe even have an "official" account that focuses purely on her work, though she'd have to be careful then too because it could end up looking like self-promotion over promotion of worthy causes, and then have a real private account where she knows each and everyone of her followers.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Posts about the divorce of Prince Louis and Princess Tessy have been moved to this thread.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Here is a gallery of Louis at work. He is the Chairman of the Audaces Foundation NextGen Council and a ‎Advisory Committee Member at Audaces Impact.
"An Evening with Audaces Foundation" at Somerset House in October.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4222570&type=3
Old 01-23-2017, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Princess Tessy attended the 2017 Creative Coalition's Annual Spotlight Gala Awards Dinner in Park City, Utah, on January 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 01-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Majesty

strange to see her in utah, of all places, directly after her divorce.
in any case, she looks beaming. i guess their decision to divorce has been taken a long while ago, she looks fully recovered and confident.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks great, really happy. 😊
She has spoken of her fondness for America so I am not really surprised to see her here. I suspect there is also an element of anonymity that she enjoys too as the average American does not know who she is.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:56 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am quite sure that the average Londoner or European has no clue at all who she is either .
She looks good indeed.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems they have likely been separated for some time, and announced when at the divorced stage. One can't expect tessy to remain hidden.

She looks great at the event, and happy.

I hope we continue to see her. She really stepped up as a princess and has been involved in a number of organizations. I hope this continues.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

Rumours say that the couple started to have problems already around 2009/2010
Old 01-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Majesty

They were a very young couple battling against the odds. If those rumors are true, I commend them for at least hanging in there and fighting for the marriage for as long as they did instead of bailing at the first sign of trouble.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
She looks great, really happy. 😊
She has spoken of her fondness for America so I am not really surprised to see her here. I suspect there is also an element of anonymity that she enjoys too as the average American does not know who she is.
i didn't know tessy said she enjoyed america. who knows, maybe she decides to establish residence there?

and yes, you are right, i am sure she is safe in the US as no one would know who she is - although as Marengo said, i think her like in london was fairly private anyway. i very much doubt she gets stopped much. even higher profile royals living in london (mabel, martha louise or haakon and MM when they lived there) probably don't really get recognized as they go about their daily business.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

She likely up until the last week had a lot of anonymity in London. But with the press about her divorce, her face is a bit better known. May be nice to get away from London for a bit. She isn't well enough known, any buzz except in royal forum circles will die soon, and she will enjoy her privacy again.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince louis, princess tessy