Prince Louis, Princess Tessy and Family, Current Events 1: March 2007 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have similar sentiments to the other posters when it comes Tessy's return post on Instagram. I don't understand why she feels the need to justify her situation with Louis when their divorce has already been made public. I've noticed that Tessy likes to share information about her private life on Instagram, and because of that perhaps posting this just came naturally to her - but I still think that keeping quiet would have been better.

Quite.Not unusual in that family,I discribe it as mental diarhea.

Two(married in) members who behaved badly in the press in the last 35 years does not mean that indiscretion is the order of the day in the Grand Ducal family...quite the contrary.

The Luxes are one of the most discreet of all the families. Tessy-and in the past her mother-in-law-are aberrations.:ermm:

Being grown-up, Princess Tessy is cognizant of negative/positive consequences her Internet social life may entail. I trust that she can deal with the situation.

Last edited:
I think the post was actually quite nice? It's good when a divorcing couple can co-parent well and show each other respect.

Honestly I see nothing wrong with her posts. She isn't revealing private details. She isn't airing fifty laundry. She us simply making a statement.

Why should she leave it up to the palace? She is divorcing, she is no longer a member of the family. They don't speak for her anymore.

As long as she doesn't slam Louis or his family, or air embarrassing information about them, I see no reason to complain.

I don't understand why Tessy posted this. She has no right to publish private things of her and Louis - that they were separated already 8 months ago. It is their private business. Why Tessy felt the need to publish this?

It there coming some news at the press so she had to tell that she and Louis haven't been a couple for a long time now?

Tessy's post isn't terrible. My main issue is it disregards her own request for privacy from a few weeks ago. Although her instagram remains private, she shared with her 4500+ followers. Of course it would become public. Luxembourg's Wort has an article about it.

It's possible Tessy (and Louis?) felt ~3 weeks was enough time. While their split is recent news to the public, they've been apart for much longer and seem comfortably "divorced" already, if not officially.

There's nothing wrong with the post, per se, but posting things about your private life just invites people to talk about it. It's defensive and really pointless. Even major celebrity couples have learned not to add "fuel to the fire" when they're going through a separation and just keep quiet after that first pro forma press statement about their divorces and afterwards keep mum. Does she think of herself as a celebrity? A public figure? Is that direction where she sees herself in the future?

I am a bit puzzled on why she keeps on talking about Louis : she loves him she misses him whatever ! She should keep quiet on their private Life ! So far we have not heard anything from Louis himself I hope he is fine.

I am a bit puzzled on why she keeps on talking about Louis : she loves him she misses him whatever ! She should keep quiet on their private Life ! So far we have not heard anything from Louis himself I hope he is fine.

I agree. I wonder if Louis is aware of Tessy's references to him on Instagram. Whilst she doesn't post negatively about Louis, she's posting details about a sensitive part of their private lives on the internet. Perhaps she has his consent, but I don't know of course. I too find it strange that Tessy keeps posting about Louis. Don't get me wrong, I like Tessy, but I feel like this aspect of her life should be kept more private only to family and friends in real life.

Instagram / social media is made for narcisists, so it isn't surprising that she is sharing parts of her private life & is reflecting selfpity to get attention. Still, if she misses him so much it would be more productive to stop posting messages on social media and actually have a conversation with her husband about continuing the marriage. Wallowing in feelings of selfpity and sharing them with random strangers on the internet serves no purpose.

I think this kind of message means that HE instigated the parting....

Instagram / social media is made for narcisists, so it isn't surprising that she is sharing parts of her private life & is reflecting selfpity to get attention. Still, if she misses him so much it would be more productive to stop posting messages on social media and actually have a conversation with her husband about continuing the marriage. Wallowing in feelings of selfpity and sharing them with random strangers on the internet serves no purpose.

As a user of Instagram and other social media platforms myself, I'd have to respectfully disagree - I am not a narcissist myself (or at least, I don't consider myself to be one personally). and don't use it to look for self-pity. I use my Instagram to share updates of my personal life for friends and family, but I don't post anything too personal. I also use it to share my photography and photo manipulation.

However, I do agree with the latter part of your post.

well that marriage didtn't last very long did it?

You are right, I was generalising for the sake of the argument. It can be a handy tool indeed if you have something to sell, or want to share art work etc. I am sure not everybody on social media is a narcisist but most people with a narcisistic personality will be there and it is a perfect tool to indulge in that disorder: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo.../is-social-media-blame-the-rise-in-narcissism

I'm still not a huge fan of generalising or labelling a whole group of people; but I can imagine that for those who aren't users of social media it's easy to do so - though that still doesn't excuse it.
However, I will forgive you because you responded in a very civil and pleasant manner. No hard feelings. :)

Tessy's latest instagram post is promoting a fundraiser. The interesting part is that it begins "Tessy Antony Princess of Luxembourg invites..."

This must be how she will be styled from now on.

Tessy's latest instagram post is promoting a fundraiser. The interesting part is that it begins "Tessy Antony Princess of Luxembourg invites..."

This must be how she will be styled from now on.

so she is still a princess of luxembourg? i am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom