Prince Louis, Princess Tessy and Family, Current Events 1: March 2007 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
copenhagen said:
maybe this isn't the place to ask but i don't really understand why Louis gave up his rights of sucession and why Tessy was not given a princess title. Could someone please explain more clearly? I'm new by the way

Welcome to the Board copenhagen! :flowers:

It was Louis's personal decision to give up his place in the line of the succession, he certainly didn't have to. I think (and that's only my opinion, though shared by many on this Board) Louis did'nt want to leave Gabriel 'out'. Since Gabriel was born out of wedlock, he is not in the line of the succession. But if Louis didn't give up his rights, any future children of the couple would be in the line (if they are born during their marriage), which would be unfair to Gabriel. By giving up his, and any of his children's rights to the throne, Louis made sure there will be no difference between the children.
Personally I think it was a very wise decision.

Though Louis retains his title of Prince of Luxembourg and the style of Royal Highness (title and style he had from birth), Tessy and Gabriel (and all future children) hold the surname de Nassau with no titles.

Last edited:
Is it possible that Louis will get back his royal title, and that Tessy and their children will get a royal title (f. e. Princess Tessy of Luxemburg)? And if, what has to happen then?

Thanks for the welcome! And great information from both Avalon and grim lady I think I understand how it works now. Yes then I agree it was a wise decision for Louis to give up his sucession rights to prevent a future family drama

Is it possible that Louis will get back his royal title, and that Tessy and their children will get a royal title (f. e. Princess Tessy of Luxemburg)? And if, what has to happen then?

Louis still has his royal title, all he gave up were his rights [and his children's rights] to succeed to Luxembourg's throne.

But yes, it is possible that one day Tessy & their children could get a noble or royal title- Grand Duke Henri gave royal titles to his brother Prince Jean's children. Previously they were Counts & Countesses of Nassau [thanks to Grand Duke Jean], now they are Princes & Princesses of Nassau. Time will tell!

It was mentioned that one of Tessy's relatives confirmed she was pregnant. Has anyone from the royal family confirmed it yet?

What a pity there are not more pix of Tessy and Gabriel.
I really hope there are more to come:rolleyes:

Tessy is adapting her new role very well i think. It is nice to see she is pregnant again.

this is at the National day in Luxembourg and Tessy is present.

PPE Agency

PPE Agency

13-05-2007 Luxembourg Pregnant Tessy, wife of prince Louis, at the procession of the closing of the Octave of Our Lady of Luxembourg
PPE Agency

What great news, finally Tessy gave birth! Congrats to Louis and Tessy!

I hoped for them to have a daughter now thought. Who knows maybe Louis and Tessy will follow Henri and MT's footsteps and have five children! :lol:

Congratulations to Louis, Tessy, & Gabriel!
I'm hoping for a daughter too!!! They are still young, so maybe more babies on the way~

Congrats! Anyone know when pictures will be available?

I can't wait to see pictures of this beautiful family! I bet Gabriel is so excited to be a big brother :) Well, maybe he's just a little confused about everyone making a fuss over his new little brother and not him. I'm sure later on he'll be excited.

That's absolutely wonderful! Congratulations to the proud parents, grandparents and little Gabriel.
I can't wait to see the pictures of little Noah (great name, by the way!). :wub:

Congratulations to the proud parents, grandparents and little Gabriel:flowers: I hope we will see some picture soon.....

It is really nice to see that Tessy is being brought into the fold more and more and allowed to participate in these events. I hope that it means that one day she will receive a title. At this point I think that she deserves it.

It is also really great to see that she is getting along with Maria Teresa so well, especially after the relationship that Maria Teresa had with her mother in law.

In the second picture from the bottom Maria Teresa looks so lovingly at Gabriel :wub:

The first ever grandchild will always be special to grandparents !
He is very cute, and I appreciate his mother very much:wub:

In the second to last picture, Gabriel has something on his hand. I can't tell if it's a cup or...a cast? Do babies wear casts?

ManuelDias.com - Home > La famille Grand-Ducale du Luxembourg

On this site you will find some more pictures from their visit. A lot of pictures of Gabriel, Tessy and Maria Teresa!! Click on Bazar Croix rouge. You will see pics of Gabriel petting different (big) dogs. Gabriel almost had his face painted, but I think he was to afraid... There is also a pic with the famous Kleeschen (Sinterklaas in the Netherlands, you can compare it a bit with Santa Claus). Beautiful and lovely pictures!!!

Last edited:
ManuelDias.com - Home > La famille Grand-Ducale du Luxembourg

On this site you will find some more pictures from their visit. A lot of pictures of Gabriel, Tessy and Maria Teresa!! Click on Bazar Croix rouge. You will see pics of Gabriel petting different (big) dogs. Gabriel almost had his face painted, but I think he was to afraid... There is also a pic with the famous Kleeschen (Sinterklaas in the Netherlands, you can compare it a bit with Santa Claus). Beautiful and lovely pictures!!!

And pics that show that it is not important to grant a daughter-in-law a title when you welcome her instead into the family. I bet Tessy prefers to be Madame de Nassau with a good relationship with Louis' family to being a princess with no contact of her children to the grandparents in Luxembourg.

Poor little Gabriel. He must have very recently taken a nasty spill. That bumb and bruise on his little forehead looks like it hurts! Poor baby. But it does not take away from him being incredibly adorable!!
Both the ladies look great also and it looks as if they are enjoying themselves.
Good for Tessie. From the pictures we get here, it looks as if her life has turned out well for someone who is so young.
And I really like her jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom