Prince Louis, Princess Tessy and Family, Current Events 1: March 2007 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise decision indeed. Poor her, she must have got so much criticism for publishing too much, such as in this ocasion or the one when she denied some rumours published by a magazine on her career (her military career or otherwise, I can't remember). I can imagine this was probably not something the court approved of.
However, it is a shame for us as I enjoyed reading what she had been up to. She's very engaged in her work and I find that the GD family doesn't tend to publish much about her activities so I enjoyed reading her account, but understand the reasons behind setting it to be private.

I follow Tessy on Instagram and I too have noticed the increasing amount of personal captions lately. I am also trying not to read too much into her captions; but I too think that it was a wise decision to put her account on private as such captions don't seem to fit with a public account.

I think it's really sad that Princess Tessy has been forced to make her account private, I really enjoyed her posts

She's a very accomplished young woman who is doing amazing things and who gave us a rare insight into her life

She has also highlighted some very important causes that she is involved in

She certainly doesn't deserve criticism or negative speculation because IMO she is an incredible asset to the Luxembourg royal family

I wish her and her family well

I’m not sure it was criticism that caused Tessy to make her Instagram private. I checked her account sporadically and recall supportive/positive comments. Of course, private messages could have been completely nasty or nosy. Who knows. Maybe she didn’t anticipate the reaction her recent posts would generate and she realized "oops, I’ve shared too much" or "I created a situation I didn’t mean to" and I need to step back.

I appreciated following her work and travels. There were only a few posts I disliked; the ones where she highlighted/promoted her friends’ candles or products. That felt odd/tacky to me.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Tessy's posts because it showed a lot of the behind-the-scenes work they royals do. Such a shame

I think she's just temporarily made it private. Perhaps just to get a breather if there have been comments that she's been uncomfortable with or maybe even to delete some posts she's regretted making. A lot of well-known people do that – besides, her making the account private now really doesn't mean it actually will be private because all the people who followed her when it was public will still be able to see her posts.

WShe's very engaged in her work and I find that the GD family doesn't tend to publish much about her activities so I enjoyed reading her account, but understand the reasons behind setting it to be private.

The re4ason that the GD court does not publish her activites is that her husband is no longer in the line of succession.
They also don't publish the activities of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla who are not even featured on the Website (only in the bio of GD Jean) and he is still in line of succession.

I think she'll learn, eventually, which posts to publish and how to package posts so that her personality and her work can still be emphasized. I honestly feel it's best if she publishes fewer photos of the young princes, just because they're minors and it's within her power not to have too many personal photos of them out there. Maybe even have an "official" account that focuses purely on her work, though she'd have to be careful then too because it could end up looking like self-promotion over promotion of worthy causes, and then have a real private account where she knows each and everyone of her followers.

Posts about the divorce of Prince Louis and Princess Tessy have been moved to this thread.

strange to see her in utah, of all places, directly after her divorce.
in any case, she looks beaming. i guess their decision to divorce has been taken a long while ago, she looks fully recovered and confident.

She looks great, really happy. ?
She has spoken of her fondness for America so I am not really surprised to see her here. I suspect there is also an element of anonymity that she enjoys too as the average American does not know who she is.

I am quite sure that the average Londoner or European has no clue at all who she is either :hiding:.
She looks good indeed.

It seems they have likely been separated for some time, and announced when at the divorced stage. One can't expect tessy to remain hidden.

She looks great at the event, and happy. :flowers:

I hope we continue to see her. She really stepped up as a princess and has been involved in a number of organizations. I hope this continues.

Rumours say that the couple started to have problems already around 2009/2010

Last edited:
:previous:

They were a very young couple battling against the odds. If those rumors are true, I commend them for at least hanging in there and fighting for the marriage for as long as they did instead of bailing at the first sign of trouble.

She looks great, really happy. ?
She has spoken of her fondness for America so I am not really surprised to see her here. I suspect there is also an element of anonymity that she enjoys too as the average American does not know who she is.

i didn't know tessy said she enjoyed america. who knows, maybe she decides to establish residence there?

and yes, you are right, i am sure she is safe in the US as no one would know who she is - although as Marengo said, i think her like in london was fairly private anyway. i very much doubt she gets stopped much. even higher profile royals living in london (mabel, martha louise or haakon and MM when they lived there) probably don't really get recognized as they go about their daily business.

She likely up until the last week had a lot of anonymity in London. But with the press about her divorce, her face is a bit better known. May be nice to get away from London for a bit. She isn't well enough known, any buzz except in royal forum circles will die soon, and she will enjoy her privacy again.

She is back on Instagram with a good pic of her and Prince Louis and the caption,

"After 8 months of separation we find ourselves balanced and happy---strong as a team should be. People can judge as long as We cherish our friendship and incredible parenthood that keeps us unified for life. Louis is such an amazing man and I will always love him."​

I like Tessy but don't understand why she feels the need to comment and explain her private life to people.

Sorry but I can't take any of this seriously ... at first she is asking for privacy in the difficult time of separation, then Tessy starts posting again most private things.

Maybe it's just me but I always find it ridiculous that people separate and then feel the need to say that they are the bestest of friends and will always love each other bla bla, describing the ex as 'amazing' and 'incredible' ... if that is so, why did they separate in the first place and did not work on the relationship a bit longer?

Of course nobody knows whats going on in private but what about keeping your mouth shut in public, instead of going to positive extremes, obviously the separation has been caused by severe problems.

She is back on Instagram with a good pic of her and Prince Louis and the caption,

"After 8 months of separation we find ourselves balanced and happy---strong as a team should be. People can judge as long as We cherish our friendship and incredible parenthood that keeps us unified for life. Louis is such an amazing man and I will always love him."​

I like Tessy but don't understand why she feels the need to comment and explain her private life to people.

Quite.Not unusual in that family,I discribe it as mental diarhea.

Ditto.

ZIP IT TESSY. PLEASE.:bang:

This tends to happen when you haven't learned the most importance maxim in any royal family, 'silence is gold'. She feels a need to prove something, show something, and from a human perspective, it's easy to understand, but when you're included in a family of such stature and position, again, silence is gold.
Then again, it's a new world, and social media rules.
I'm not sure it benefits a royal family to be ruled by it though.

agree. Don't understand the need to publicize this. But now we get more info, they have been separated 8 months, summer.
Also her name on Instagram is now tessy "from Luxembourg" not "of Luxembourg.

Well. hope they continue having a good relationship

Hmmmm maybe she's trying to shift the blame onto him by saying very public manner, that she will always love him? Indicating he's the reason for the end of the marriage.

Either way, she needs to stop talking about it.

LaRae

Sorry but I can't take any of this seriously ... at first she is asking for privacy in the difficult time of separation, then Tessy starts posting again most private things.

Maybe it's just me but I always find it ridiculous that people separate and then feel the need to say that they are the bestest of friends and will always love each other bla bla, describing the ex as 'amazing' and 'incredible' ... if that is so, why did they separate in the first place and did not work on the relationship a bit longer?

Of course nobody knows whats going on in private but what about keeping your mouth shut in public, instead of going to positive extremes, obviously the separation has been caused by severe problems.

it is indeed a bit confusing.

however, i have to say i liked that tessy kept us updated on her ins and outs as we wouldn't have otherwise known about the great work she was doing.

agree. Don't understand the need to publicize this. But now we get more info, they have been separated 8 months, summer.

yes, interesting that she shared that they had been apart for a while. i guess it is good that they had time to reflect on this next step before they announced it publicly.

Quite.Not unusual in that family,I discribe it as mental diarhea.

funny term but describes it perfectly. i remember MT publishing an interview where she bashed her mother in law. as much as i like MT, i think it was not the wisest of ideas as now the press keeps quoting that interview every time that her relatioship with JC comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom