The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I honestly remember people posting about this on another thread a few months back.
I do too....I was just wondering where the idea came from.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

sorry everyone, i know there was another thread about the pregnancy but we were talking about journalists and me being american i am surprised that their every move is not being traced. i am not used to people giving people privacy.

oh and i did see the rest of your post but i was trying to show that they freak out about the wrong things and pass over the odd things

Old 01-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamass
oh and i did see the rest of your post but i was trying to show that they freak out about the wrong things and pass over the odd things
You're right, and I too am wondering about the lack of media attention....but, it's probably a good thing!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

For their sake, it probably is.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Courtier

do u think if we'll be able to see his son/daughter in the near future when s/he is born in march?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
do u think if we'll be able to see his son/daughter in the near future when s/he is born in march?
They may release a picture....but I'm thinking that they probably won't, at least until s/he is a few months old.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, there probably won't be any pics because the child will be illegit.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

We get new official photo of prince Louis (because of his birthday)
source: Seegerpress

Happy birthday prince Louis!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Courtier

his pic makes me think that he's gonna say en garde- b/c of it's baggy nature. all in all, i think it's a good pic of him.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
There are laws forbiding media to do stuff on bad things about the royals there.
That somehow caught my eye - I cannot believe that a law like that could possibly exist in an EU country; it could be considered a serious restriction to the freedom of the press, which is an elemental part of any democracy. Any newspaper taking such law to a European Union court would be sure to win its case against the state.

I much rather think that the Luxie press is a) rather small, and hence, b) rather gentlemanly; if anyone wrote bad stuff they would be just sort of ignored and so they keep quiet about whatever they hear or know. I heard on the Belgian TV how the journalist asked from a Luxie newspaper guy about the GD's supposed affairs, and he simply said, point blank, that nobody knows the truth. He sounded about as convincing as Tony Soprano.

But that aside, check Wort for Louis' birthday
Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness

Post#60 :Nice pick of Louis. But isn't it a photo that was taken a year ago (series of pictures of ducal famlily thas was taken in fall last year). Louis' hair would not grow so fas. He had very short hair during MT and Henri anniversary.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Nobility

I think that a lot of royals take their birthday pictures ahead of time. I remember seeing Prince Harry's birthday pictures a few months ago and yet his birthday isn't until September. (Also it was a while ago that Louis had longer hair and I agree with Lakshmi that he couldn't have grown his hair back that quickly)
Old 08-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Aristocracy

I am very thankful mims111,

so Tessy was working in army,and met the prince over one of his visits,very interesting,I am just wondering how they developped ther relatioship after an official visit of a royal to the army.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Aristocracy

In this week's Point de Vue, there's a picture of Tessy, I've never seen before. It looks like she's greeting Felix before entering a ball or a gala dinner or something. Louis is standing next to Felix. Her dress is hideous (I think black and gold is never a good combination) but that girl has fantastic legs ! (yes, I'm jealous ) She and Felix seem to be getting along very well, they're laughing to each other. Has anyone seen this picture before ? If not, maybe I could scan it and post it here via Imageshack. But I'm not sure if it's still permitted with the recent changes in the picture guidelines ?
Old 09-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Could you possibly scan that picture?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

I think scans from magazines are still alowed. and when you'll post only link I'm pretty sure, there will be no problems...
Could you scan it please? I will be more that thankful.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Courtier

I think the pic is from The Grand Duke and Duchess's Anniversary Gala. I think it was posted in that thread.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

Then I must have missed that picture because I remember reading that thread a while ago. In that case, I'm sorry, false alarm.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

I read that thread a few times, and I dont remeber there was that pic about what Coquine was talking ...I searched there now and there is no pic of her. I think it was deleted because it didn't have provided copyright.
But maybe I'm blind and I need glasses.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

I went checking again as well and indeed the message with the picture is deleted, you can only see the message without the picture in a quote. Well, then I'll repost it again here.

From Point de Vue

I hope it works since this is the first time I use Imageshack.

P.S. Moderators, feel free to delete my post if it's against the posting guidelines.