Prince Louis, News and Picture Thread 2: August 2005 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
purple_platinum said:
what do you mean? the media is not independent?
how about papparazzi in luxembourg? do they have it? :confused: :confused:

If you mean paparazzi when saying the medias, I'd say it's a good thing they are under control, as this kind of men is at everytime breaking the right to a private life to every celebrities. So... For me paparazzi are absolutely not at all medias.

I dont think there is a law. I thought they had free speech. I have always thought the media was just more respectfull.

Princejohnny25 said:
I dont think there is a law. I thought they had free speech. I have always thought the media was just more respectfull.

If we consider there's a natural tendance for some so-called journalists to be not all respectful towards everyone they consider like interesting, sometimes a law can be very useful.

i have a few questions:
does that law cover other journalists from other countries?
does that law cover photographs taken outside of luxembourg?
does that law cover people associated with the dukes such as the girl who is pregnant with his child?

I'd really like to see evidence of such a law. I think that the reason we don't see much of the Grand Ducal Family in the media is
1] Luxembourg is a tiny, tiny, tiny country
2] They don't do much that's interesting to the media, who have nine other monarchies to keep up with.

I'm pretty sure Louis' girlfriend's pregnancy is the most interesting thing the media has had to dish on in years.
Also, there were photos published in Se og Hør of Guillaume walking around with Pia when he was still dating her in the town that Durham University is in, and the magazine's photographers were obviously not given permission by Guillaume or the Palace to take and publish these photos, and I don't recall the Court doing or saying anything about them.
Can someone provide us with specific documentation of this "hands off from the media" rule in Luxembourg? Otherwise it's just speculation.

"2] They don't do much that's interesting to the media, who have nine other monarchies to keep up with."
but what of those other monarchies has a prince of just 19 who got a girl pregnant and won't marry her? that is very interesting in the royal world. they was such controversy over a bride being able to show her shoulders and a princess in japan being able to marry a commoner with her parents present. a child out of wedlock is still a very young idea in general and royal families are not ones for change.i am surprised this isn't more well known that's all.

lamass said:
"2] They don't do much that's interesting to the media, who have nine other monarchies to keep up with."
but what of those other monarchies has a prince of just 19 who got a girl pregnant and won't marry her? that is very interesting in the royal world. they was such controversy over a bride being able to show her shoulders and a princess in japan being able to marry a commoner with her parents present. a child out of wedlock is still a very young idea in general and royal families are not ones for change.i am surprised this isn't more well known that's all.

And if you read the second part of my post, you'll notice that I did address that...."I'm pretty sure that Louis' girlfriend's pregnancy is the most interesting thing that the media has had to dish on in years." :)

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I honestly remember people posting about this on another thread a few months back.

I do too....I was just wondering where the idea came from. :confused:

sorry everyone, i know there was another thread about the pregnancy but we were talking about journalists and me being american i am surprised that their every move is not being traced. i am not used to people giving people privacy.

oh and i did see the rest of your post but i was trying to show that they freak out about the wrong things and pass over the odd things

Last edited by a moderator:
lamass said:
oh and i did see the rest of your post but i was trying to show that they freak out about the wrong things and pass over the odd things

You're right, and I too am wondering about the lack of media attention....but, it's probably a good thing!

do u think if we'll be able to see his son/daughter in the near future when s/he is born in march?

bigheadshirmp said:
do u think if we'll be able to see his son/daughter in the near future when s/he is born in march?

They may release a picture....but I'm thinking that they probably won't, at least until s/he is a few months old.

We get new official photo of prince Louis :) (because of his birthday)
source: Seegerpress
pre-SEEGER00164392.jpg

Happy birthday prince Louis! :flowers:

his pic makes me think that he's gonna say en garde- b/c of it's baggy nature. all in all, i think it's a good pic of him.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
There are laws forbiding media to do stuff on bad things about the royals there.

That somehow caught my eye - I cannot believe that a law like that could possibly exist in an EU country; it could be considered a serious restriction to the freedom of the press, which is an elemental part of any democracy. Any newspaper taking such law to a European Union court would be sure to win its case against the state.

I much rather think that the Luxie press is a) rather small, and hence, b) rather gentlemanly; if anyone wrote bad stuff they would be just sort of ignored and so they keep quiet about whatever they hear or know. I heard on the Belgian TV how the journalist asked from a Luxie newspaper guy about the GD's supposed affairs, and he simply said, point blank, that nobody knows the truth. He sounded about as convincing as Tony Soprano.

But that aside, check Wort for Louis' birthday :lol:

Post#60 :Nice pick of Louis. But isn't it a photo that was taken a year ago (series of pictures of ducal famlily thas was taken in fall last year). Louis' hair would not grow so fas. He had very short hair during MT and Henri anniversary.

I think that a lot of royals take their birthday pictures ahead of time. I remember seeing Prince Harry's birthday pictures a few months ago and yet his birthday isn't until September. (Also it was a while ago that Louis had longer hair and I agree with Lakshmi that he couldn't have grown his hair back that quickly)

I am very thankful mims111,

so Tessy was working in army,and met the prince over one of his visits,very interesting,I am just wondering how they developped ther relatioship after an official visit of a royal to the army.

In this week's Point de Vue, there's a picture of Tessy, I've never seen before. It looks like she's greeting Felix before entering a ball or a gala dinner or something. Louis is standing next to Felix. Her dress is hideous (I think black and gold is never a good combination) but that girl has fantastic legs ! (yes, I'm jealous :lol:) She and Felix seem to be getting along very well, they're laughing to each other. Has anyone seen this picture before ? If not, maybe I could scan it and post it here via Imageshack. But I'm not sure if it's still permitted with the recent changes in the picture guidelines ?

Last edited:
Could you possibly scan that picture?

I think scans from magazines are still alowed. and when you'll post only link I'm pretty sure, there will be no problems...
Could you scan it please? :) I will be more that thankful.

I think the pic is from The Grand Duke and Duchess's Anniversary Gala. I think it was posted in that thread.

Then I must have missed that picture because I remember reading that thread a while ago. In that case, I'm sorry, false alarm. :blush:

I read that thread a few times, and I dont remeber there was that pic about what Coquine was talking ...I searched there now and there is no pic of her. I think it was deleted because it didn't have provided copyright.
But maybe I'm blind and I need glasses. :lol:

I went checking again as well and indeed the message with the picture is deleted, you can only see the message without the picture in a quote. Well, then I'll repost it again here.

From Point de Vue

I hope it works since this is the first time I use Imageshack.

P.S. Moderators, feel free to delete my post if it's against the posting guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom