The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 06:35 AM
Courtier

i wonder why m-t never wears, or never gets to wear, the scroll tiara? what's going on there and just what is j-c's problem? i understand she comes from the old school and all when it comes to blue blooded marriages, but i would've thought that most ppl would've moved on and beyond that way of thinking. i feel that the most important thing that she should be concerned about should be the happiness of her childeren. they're the ones getting married, not her and tough to her for not putting her foot down, if she didn't want to marry jean-if the rumors are true. but back on topic, she should come up off the jewels and "spread the wealth" so to speak, and share with m-t b/c she is the current grand duchess and b/c she more than deserves to have her pick of the jewels. *smiles.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

what is the scroll tiara?

Old 12-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
i love Princess Sibilla when she wears the belgium tiara :)
Why would she wear that one?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:39 AM
Courtier

princess sibilla was seen wearing the belgium scroll tiara to some event. although, i'm not sure of any of the other princesses wearing it, i've never seen any of them doing so, m-t in particular. so, imo, there must be some favoritism going on there. oh and for hillary nugent, i think the scroll tiara was a wedding gift for j-c from the people of belgium, not the belgian congo. it can be seen in some of her other wedding photos.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Nobility

MT has never worn the large diamond tiara (big one in the familiy).
First pix- Wedding Portrait Charlotte and Felix
Second pix - Wedding Portrait Josephine-Charlotte and Jean
I hope MT wears the tiara during celebrations for her 25th wedding anniversay.

Sibilla usually wears a diamond Art Deco tiara that can be worn two ways.
She looks so regal in these pictures.
Sibilla and Guillaume attended May 2002 wedding in Norway. She wore the Belgian Diamond Tiara - wedding gift tfrom Belgian bankers to Josephine-Charlotte. MT has never worn this tiara.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gd1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	72056   Click image for larger version

Name:	luxroyal.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	72057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sibilla3.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	72068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sibilla1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	72069  

Name:	Sibilla4.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	72076  
Old 12-28-2004, 02:53 AM
Nobility

Msfroyste,

Sorry, I didn't see your response because I was posting my message. I think there is some favoritism going on. I don't think J-C has ever fully accepted M-T the way she has Sibilla.

Rere
Old 12-28-2004, 03:13 AM
Courtier

it's ok. i couldn't agree with you more. it seems that the only daughter-in-law that she's accepted IS sibilla, which i think is so sad, especially considering all that m-t does for the world.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Nobility

Pics of civil marriage of Prince Guillaume and Sibilla Weiler on 8th September 1994

On 8th September 1994 Prince Guillaume and Sibilla Weiler married civil in Sélestat (Alsace/F). The church marriage was in the Saint Louis-Cathedrale in Versailles (F) 0n 24.09.1994. I'm looking for these pictures.

But for now enjoy the pics of the civil marriage:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	marriage Guillaume 1.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	72077   Click image for larger version

Name:	marriage Guillaume 2.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	72078   Click image for larger version

Name:	marriage Guillaume 3.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	72079   Click image for larger version

Name:	marriage Guillaume 4.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	72080  

Name:	marriage Guillaume 5.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	72081   Click image for larger version

Name:	marriage Guillaume 6.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	72082   Click image for larger version

Name:	marriage Guillaume 7.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	72083   Click image for larger version

Name:	marriage Guillaume8.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	72084  

Name:	marriage Guillaume 9.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	72085   Click image for larger version

Name:	marriage Guillaume 10.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	72086  
Old 12-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Nobility

Did JC not want to marry Jean? I thought that she agreed to marry Jean without even asking her father's permission first!
Old 12-28-2004, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfroyste
oh and for hillary nugent, i think the scroll tiara was a wedding gift for j-c from the people of belgium, not the belgian congo. it can be seen in some of her other wedding photos.
Thanks mate ^___^ and thanks for the pics Drimal...

why was Guillaume's and sibilla's marriage ceremony so simple? did they want it that way?
Old 12-28-2004, 05:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
Did JC not want to marry Jean? I thought that she agreed to marry Jean without even asking her father's permission first!
there was something that was said about that topic on another thread. someone said that she was in love with someone else and got pushed into her marriage with jean and that she cried on her wedding day, wish is sad. had it been me, i would've fought it as much as possible. in other words, it sounds as if her marriage was arranged by her godmother, grand duchess charlotte and possibly by one of her parents, astrid and/or leopold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
Thanks mate ^___^ and thanks for the pics Drimal...

why was Guillaume's and sibilla's marriage ceremony so simple? did they want it that way?
yes, thanks for the pics. i'm assuming that those are pictures of their civil ceremony and those are rarely "flashy", so to speak. kinda like going to the justice of the peace here in the us.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Courtier

but i saw photos of her in a wedding dress
Old 12-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

There were two weddings.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfroyste
there was something that was said about that topic on another thread. someone said that she was in love with someone else and got pushed into her marriage with jean and that she cried on her wedding day, wish is sad. had it been me, i would've fought it as much as possible. in other words, it sounds as if her marriage was arranged by her godmother, grand duchess charlotte and possibly by one of her parents, astrid and/or leopold.
awww....that is sad...who do you think she was in love with? Does she love Jean now?
Old 12-29-2004, 02:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
awww....that is sad...who do you think she was in love with? Does she love Jean now?
well, according to the rumor mill, she was in love with a commoner, and she actually wanted to marry him. as you know, back then, that simply would not do so, apparently, an arranged marriage with jean was cooked up by their families, and the two were pushed together. as for her loving jean now, that's something only she, jean, and their family would know the definite answer to. however from what i've seen from pics of them as a couple, and if the rumors are true, love could've possibly blossomed between the two over time.*smiles.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:09 AM
Heir Apparent

wow...thanks for the information msfroyste it's much appreciated ^__^

hm...i find JC rather contradicting...she wanted to marry a commoner and yet she wasn't happy about HEnri marrying MT....hm...unless it had to do with something else and not because MT was a commoner...
Old 12-29-2004, 04:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
wow...thanks for the information msfroyste it's much appreciated ^__^

hm...i find JC rather contradicting...she wanted to marry a commoner and yet she wasn't happy about HEnri marrying MT....hm...unless it had to do with something else and not because MT was a commoner...
according to another tidbit on the rumor mill, j-c disapproves of mt b/c of her ethnic background, which i think is pathetic AND sad. j-c seems like she'd be such a classy lady, above and beyond such petty things as racism, but if the rumors are true, apparently not. some other things were discussed on a previous thread under the lastes news topic, such as j-c making mt's life hell since she married into the family. *shakes head sadly.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:56 AM
Courtier

i dont think anyone should judge anyone... we are all human... mt didnt have any control over where she grew up... :(
Old 12-29-2004, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

golly...that is pathetic...i can't believe that race even became an issue...i just hope that they were just rumours...but i've never seen pictures of JC and MT showing a close motherly-daughter relationship...
Old 12-29-2004, 05:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
i dont think anyone should judge anyone... we are all human... mt didnt have any control over where she grew up... :(
i couldn't agree with you more. no one asks to be put on this planet or into this plane of existance, nor do they control what circumstances in which they are born into. mt is, from what i've deduced, an extraordinary person who deserves extraordinary respect b/c of all that she has done for the world alone. but if j-c prefers sibilla to mt and her other daughter-in-laws, then that's her choice. it would be fair if she would show equal preference to them all.