Prince Guillaume, Princess Sibilla and Family, Current Events 1: May 2003 - Feb 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KatieLouise said:
Did JC not want to marry Jean? I thought that she agreed to marry Jean without even asking her father's permission first!
there was something that was said about that topic on another thread. someone said that she was in love with someone else and got pushed into her marriage with jean and that she cried on her wedding day, wish is sad. had it been me, i would've fought it as much as possible. in other words, it sounds as if her marriage was arranged by her godmother, grand duchess charlotte and possibly by one of her parents, astrid and/or leopold.

hillary_nugent said:
Thanks mate ^___^ and thanks for the pics Drimal...

why was Guillaume's and sibilla's marriage ceremony so simple? did they want it that way?
yes, thanks for the pics. i'm assuming that those are pictures of their civil ceremony and those are rarely "flashy", so to speak. kinda like going to the justice of the peace here in the us.

Last edited by a moderator:
msfroyste said:
there was something that was said about that topic on another thread. someone said that she was in love with someone else and got pushed into her marriage with jean and that she cried on her wedding day, wish is sad. had it been me, i would've fought it as much as possible. in other words, it sounds as if her marriage was arranged by her godmother, grand duchess charlotte and possibly by one of her parents, astrid and/or leopold.
awww....that is sad...who do you think she was in love with? Does she love Jean now?

hillary_nugent said:
awww....that is sad...who do you think she was in love with? Does she love Jean now?
well, according to the rumor mill, she was in love with a commoner, and she actually wanted to marry him. as you know, back then, that simply would not do so, apparently, an arranged marriage with jean was cooked up by their families, and the two were pushed together. as for her loving jean now, that's something only she, jean, and their family would know the definite answer to. however from what i've seen from pics of them as a couple, and if the rumors are true, love could've possibly blossomed between the two over time.*smiles.

wow...thanks for the information msfroyste it's much appreciated ^__^

hm...i find JC rather contradicting...she wanted to marry a commoner and yet she wasn't happy about HEnri marrying MT....hm...unless it had to do with something else and not because MT was a commoner...

hillary_nugent said:
wow...thanks for the information msfroyste it's much appreciated ^__^

hm...i find JC rather contradicting...she wanted to marry a commoner and yet she wasn't happy about HEnri marrying MT....hm...unless it had to do with something else and not because MT was a commoner...
according to another tidbit on the rumor mill, j-c disapproves of mt b/c of her ethnic background, which i think is pathetic AND sad. j-c seems like she'd be such a classy lady, above and beyond such petty things as racism, but if the rumors are true, apparently not. some other things were discussed on a previous thread under the lastes news topic, such as j-c making mt's life hell since she married into the family. *shakes head sadly.

i dont think anyone should judge anyone... we are all human... mt didnt have any control over where she grew up... :(

golly...that is pathetic...i can't believe that race even became an issue...i just hope that they were just rumours...but i've never seen pictures of JC and MT showing a close motherly-daughter relationship...

bad_barbarella said:
i dont think anyone should judge anyone... we are all human... mt didnt have any control over where she grew up... :(
i couldn't agree with you more. no one asks to be put on this planet or into this plane of existance, nor do they control what circumstances in which they are born into. mt is, from what i've deduced, an extraordinary person who deserves extraordinary respect b/c of all that she has done for the world alone. but if j-c prefers sibilla to mt and her other daughter-in-laws, then that's her choice. it would be fair if she would show equal preference to them all.

hillary_nugent said:
golly...that is pathetic...i can't believe that race even became an issue...i just hope that they were just rumours...but i've never seen pictures of JC and MT showing a close motherly-daughter relationship...
you and i both hope they were just rumors. but sadly, racism comes in all ways, forms, and walks of life. :(

bad_barbarella said:
mabye its just typical magazine gossip that has spun out of control
dunno, b/c it was reported in several reputible newspapers around the world. anyway, that info on that subject is in the latest news thread #1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics of Prince Guillaume and his family

Guillaume was born the 1st May 1963 on Betzdorf castle (L)
Sibilla Weiler was born the 12th June 1968 in Neuilly-sur-Seine (F)

Their children:
Paul-Louis was born on 4th March 1998
the twins Charlotte and Leopold were born on 2nd May 2000 - just one day after the father;( it might be in the family that the children are born so closely to the birthday of the parents, because Sebastien is born the same day as father Henri!;) )

1. and 2. Guillaume as a little boy
3. with spouse Sibilla Weiler
4.and 5. with Paul-Louis and their new-born twins Charlotte and Leopold
6. Prince Guillaume with daughter Charlotte
7. Sibilla with son Leopold
8. and 9. at home pictures (soooo lovely:eek: !)
10. another picture of Grand Duke Henri's youngest brother, Prince Guillaume

Attachments

• guillaumelux1963-10.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-10.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 343
  • guillaumelux1963-11.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-11.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 415
  • guillaumelux1963-5.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-5.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 495
  • guillaumelux1963.jpg
    guillaumelux1963.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 631
  • guillaumelux1963-6.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-6.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 751
  • guillaumelux1963-2.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 343
  • guillaumelux1963-3.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 415
  • guillaumelux1963-8.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-8.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 484
  • guillaumelux1963-9.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-9.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 633
  • guillaumelux1963-4.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-4.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 641
Is Sibilia from Luxembourg as well? did they happen tp meet at university as well? ^__^ hehehe...

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I don't think she is from Luxembourg.
Princess Sibilla grew up in Neuilly-sur-Seine, which is the uber-rich neighborhood of Paris.

-Kara-

she must have been a paris princess then... you know what i mean rich dady's little girl...

one of the reasons why j-c is said to have liked her is b/c her mother was a princess torillonia or something as well as b/c of the fact that she come's from a rich AND aristocratic family.

i thinks shes beautiful... wish there were photos when she was younger...

beauty, wealth, high social status...wow what a combo! Hope that combo includes 'brains'! Did she have any academic achievements?

bad_barbarella said:
what was her maiden name?
Sibilla Sandra Weiller. Her mother is the Italian princess Donna Olimpia Torloni [sp?] and her father was a multi-millionaire from France named Paul Annick Weiller.
She is aristocratic as thus- her mother's mother [Sibilla's maternal grandmother] is Infanta Beatriz of Spain, one of King Alfonso and Queen Victoria Eugenie's two daughters. Infanta Beatriz married the Italian Prince of Torloni and Civitella-Cessi [sp again?], which is why Sibilla's mother has a title.
-Kara-

How come Sibilia didn't get the princess title like her mother? is it because her father was a commoner?

Yes...in every royal family I've ever read about, titles only pass through the father's line......which is why, for instance, Princess Martha-Louise's daughter Maud doesn't have a royal title, nor do any of Infanta Cristina or Elena's children have titles.
-Kara-

oh ok, i've always wondered why some people didn't get a title when one of their parents have a title...thanks for answering my question suturegeisha! ^____^

obviously the family loves rich arostocracy... lol but MT wasnt from that was she? i dont think so... so mabye the boys dont want rich girls :)

MT came from a wealthy Cuban family
But I hope her mom-in-law can get over it b/f she passes away and I hope MT can (or has) forgiven her. So sad...esp. with not being able to wear that tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom