The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
What does beatification mean?
From the Catholic Forums:
"(Latin: beatus, blessed; facere, to make) The declaration by the pope as head of the Church that one of its members deserves for saintly life as confessor or heroic death as martyr, to be entitled Blessed, that is, regarded as dwelling in the happiness of heaven. The declaration is preceded by a double process, the first consisting of an examination into the life, virtues, writings, and reputation for holiness, or martyrdom, of the Servant of God in question, conducted ordinarily by the bishop of the place in which he or she died or lived a long time. In the case of a martyr no miracles are required in this first process, but they are required for others. The second process, known as the Apostolic process, is instituted by the Holy See in case the first inquiry shows that there is a likelihood of proving that the Servant of God practised virtue to an heroic degree, or died by the heroic death of martyrdom. To go further and obtain canonization, miracles are required for both martyrs and confessors."

In other words, beatification is the last step before being made a Saint. To become a Saint, which is to be cannonized, one must perform a miracle.

-Kara-

Old 10-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for I am not Catholic.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Courtier

You're welcome . My teacher had to practically beat that into my head [along with the Apostle's prayer] when I was in catechism.

-Kara-
Old 10-06-2004, 05:22 AM
Aristocracy

hi there, did they by any chance have the baby and what is its name?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hania
hi there, did they by any chance have the baby and what is its name?
Yes, Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla had a baby boy in July. His name is Jean André Guillaume Marie Gabriel Marc D'Aviano.

-Kara-
Old 10-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wasn't he already christened?
Old 10-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Yes he was, I have the point de vue issue with pictures of it. I enjoyed it very much as I finally got a glimpse of the children of Prince Jean & Helene Vestur (very attractive) and Josephine-Charlotte was their as well which I found very brave, she was wearing a turban to cover her bold head.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just to make sure I'm not totally nuts, you mean bald head, right?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Just to make sure I'm not totally nuts, you mean bald head, right?
Yeah, I'm sure that's what he means. Bald and bold kind of sound the same anyway. =)

Old 11-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Courtier

Red face

This thread is a dedication to the early days... im sure you would all be interested in how they met.. how this love story began... was Sibilla born in luxembourg... did they meet at uni? There are so many questions...

We have all watch the sparks and the romance that started with mary and fredrick... how did there story begin...

We do know that once apon a time in a land far far away there lived a luxembourg prince Guillaume... who lived with his family.....

and.....:p

here are some early photos i think if anyone has any info plz post mwa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guillaumelux1963-4.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	54381   Click image for larger version

Name:	guillaumelux1963-5.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	54382  
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

She was from a very rich family, right?
Old 11-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

Yes she is from a very wealthy family...
Old 11-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Majesty

Would anyone have pictures of Prince Jean that they wouldn't mind sharing with us? I'm working on a Christmas project and I would love to have pictures of Prince Jean from his Baptism. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

There aren't many pics of him cause he gave up his rights to the throne.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Aristocracy

really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanel
Yes he did. Quite wealthy indeed, and a great grand daughter of HM King Alfonso XIII and Queen Ena of Spain.
This s really interesting: could you tell me of whom she is thegrand daughter??? some Juan Carlos os Spain' aunt??? Many thanks.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Princess Sibilla is the granddaughter of Infanta Beatriz of Spain and Don Alessandro Torlonia. She is the great-granddaughter of King Alfonso XIII and Queen Victoria Eugenie (Ena) of Spain. She is the great-great-granddaughter of Princess Beatrice of Great Britain and Ireland and Prince Henry of Battenberg. She is also a great-great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Great Britain and Ireland.

By the way, Princess Sibilla's late father, was one of the richest men in France.

Source: QVD
Old 12-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

In other words, she's very blue blooded.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags
Princess Sibilla is the granddaughter of Infanta Beatriz of Spain and Don Alessandro Torlonia. She is the great-granddaughter of King Alfonso XIII and Queen Victoria Eugenie (Ena) of Spain. She is the great-great-granddaughter of Princess Beatrice of Great Britain and Ireland and Prince Henry of Battenberg. She is also a great-great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Great Britain and Ireland.
golly...and J-C still didn't like her? I thought Royals loved people with good connections and are from good families...
Old 12-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
golly...and J-C still didn't like her? I thought Royals loved people with good connections and are from good families...
No, J-C liked Sibilla. It's Maria-Teresa she supposedly disliked.

Princess Sibilla annoys me for reasons I don't understand.
Lollies!
-Kara-
Old 12-27-2004, 06:23 AM
Courtier

i love Princess Sibilla when she wears the belgium tiara :)