The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Courtier

Hey guys i have been away... just got the news... i will write to my friends in luxembourg to get inside goss... i will see if kara heard anything... i expected more from him :(

I think the only way to clarify the ruhmour is to get someone to ask Felix's brother

Old 07-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
Hey guys i have been away... just got the news... i will write to my friends in luxembourg to get inside goss... i will see if kara heard anything... i expected more from him :(
yeah i hope some one clears this all up...lol where did the person who dropped this bomb shell go?

Old 07-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
where did the person who dropped this bomb shell go?
See post #163 :)
Old 07-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Commoner

Hey....problem ????

Hi everybody.... As I receive some desperate messages from all of you, I reply here...
Well, I never heard that story about Felix. But I muss confess I have not been in Luxemburg for a while, cause of my job, my son, etc but I had Guillaume on phone some days ago... However, this story seems strange to me : who is Cathy who drops the bomb ? Don't you find strange that this story came here just after Albert's son one ?
My mother married a man who is close to Henri too, but he did not tell me about that. I knew Felix when he studied the cello, but not now. I'm close to Guillaume, and he does not tell me about that neither.
So ?????
And IF true....perhaps you should just let them live the life they want, they are men, they are woman ! this kind of things happen so often in the world, so why not in the Princes of Luxembourg world ?
So, please wait for TRUE information before going on !!!
KARAJAN
Old 07-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

So Guillaume didn't talk about it when you spoke to him? Because those two are very close.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
No member of the Moderating Team will be e-mailing Drimal to get him online to have him confirm or deny this bit of gossip; that is not our job. And it's rather presumptuous and bossy to dictate to us what to do or how to go about our role, especially when it's to merely feed your curiosity as opposed to when someone is being attacked or ridiculed for comments or because the forum's rules are being violated.

When Drimal finds time next to log in here then Drimal can comment on the matter as he so pleases but he will not be forced to comment on the matter.
What is going on in this forum???

First of all I have been off for a while because I was very busy in the past (school exams)!

@destiny: It wasn't me who spread the rumour about Felix in here but a poster called cath85 and I'm not cath85 (there haven't been a name change)! Sorry to say this but you are creating a bad atmosphere here in this nice forum.

The family is living very discreet and I haven't heard such rumours and thus completely ignore if they are true.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Serene Highness

Hi Drimal.
I think destiny (who has since left the Forums BTW) just wanted to have the opinion from someone from Luxembourg. I did also believed she was saying you spread the rumor, but as a matter of fact it was a misunderstanding.
The temperature did rise a bit after the rumor was released, but now it has cool down and I don't think anyone really believe it (without hard proof...).
So just relax, the atmosphere is OK again here.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
See post #163 :)
thanks mate :)

@ Drimal - don't worry buddy i'm sure most of us know that you didn't start the rumour :)
Old 07-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Courtier

Rumors always get out of conrtol... if its true then they may just sweep it under the rug...
Old 07-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad this ordeal is over.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

hey I'm sorry that all this is creating such a great panik here :o
I said from the beginning that I heard about it and never pretended it was really the truth! nevertheless I'm surprised that the 2 other people from Luxembourg haven't heard about it!
there is just something else I wanted to know: do you really think guillaume would tell everybody what's going on when they want to keep it as secret as possible? that's just the reason why I don't think we will ever know the truth!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
lol are you serious? i can't really seeing this...i can see him marrying a woman close to his age but younger but mature for her age...i hope this business with Felix is all gossip :(
I'm five years older than Guillaume, but if I had a choice, I would take (don't shoot me pleeease ) his father... Felix is probably just young enough to make a silly mistake like this, and definitely rich enough for every other tart (pardon me the expression) to try to gain something from him. But his uncle and his father had knocked up their girls by the time of the wedding so maybe it runs in the family (again don't shoot me)... ps. wrong quote up here, ooops.

-L
Old 07-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamaria
But his uncle and his father had knocked up their girls by the time of the wedding so maybe it runs in the family -L
Hi Lisa! What do you mean? I don't understand the English slang knocked up (sorry I'm French).
Do you mean they made some girl(s) pregnant?
Old 07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hi Lisa! What do you mean? I don't understand the English slang knocked up (sorry I'm French).
Do you mean they made some girl(s) pregnant?
Yes, that is it - an American slang expression, a kind one. I referred to Jean and Helene Vestur, of course, and by simple mathematics, MT must have been pregnant by the time of their wedding, on the second month unless Guillaume was preborn.

-L
Old 07-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes, that is it - an American slang expression, a kind one. I referred to Jean and Helene Vestur, of course, and by simple mathematics, MT must have been pregnant by the time of their wedding, on the second month unless Guillaume was preborn.

-L
Guillaume was born on 11th December 1981; Henri and Maria Teresa married on 14th February 1981.

That's a difference from 9 months and considering the fact that a pregnancy can be shorter than 9 months, Maria Teresa wasn't pregnant at her wedding day.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:48 AM
Courtier

well, as the saying goes, history(could be repeating) repeats itself. the whole "outside child(ren) phenomenon tends to repeat itself in families; my own extended family has dealt with this too.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
Guillaume was born on 11th December 1981; Henri and Maria Teresa married on 14th February 1981.

That's a difference from 9 months and considering the fact that a pregnancy can be shorter than 9 months, Maria Teresa wasn't pregnant at her wedding day.
8 months 27 days, it was said somewhere... In Finland pregnancy is calculated to last ten months, I don't know why. Could be, could not

-L
Old 07-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
In Finland pregnancy is calculated to last ten months, I don't know why. Could be, could not -L
That's much interesting! May it be that in cold countries the metabolism run slower? What about Norway, Sweden, etc.?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal

Actually, he was born on November 11th, not December 11th. Still, that's almost nine months after his parents were married, and since how long a pregnancy will last isn't usually exact (I've heard that between 38 and 42 weeks is considered normal) it's very likely that his parents were married before MT became pregnant.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
That's much interesting! May it be that in cold countries the metabolism run slower? What about Norway, Sweden, etc.?
No, women in Finland are just the same here as anywhere, it's just something to do with how it's calculated. I'm 29 - now you know - and many of my friends tackle now with these things nowadays, so I have some kind of vague idea of it; the duration is calculated from the first possible time of conceive, that is ovulation, which is determined by when your last period was and so on... but obviously there are variations. And the first-born tend to be overtime. And anyway, does it matter? H and MT dated for five years before marrying so it's like they had done it, right... :o

-L