The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Gentry

Yes -- the "organising major sports and cultural events" would appear to be right up his alley!

Old 12-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Gentry

Wow, nice photos! Thanks for posting! Felix looks great - I wonder who the girl is in the first two pictures (?) Anyone know??

Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Aristocracy

^That's Princess Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein. She's Felix's cousin. Her mother is Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg and Liechtenstein, who is GD Henri's sister I believe. She's very pretty, and I think she looks kinda like Felix.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 AM

yeah she kind of does looks like him
Old 12-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Nice pics. Thanks . From which event are first two pics??
Old 12-31-2008, 02:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaiya View Post
^That's Princess Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein. She's Felix's cousin. Her mother is Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg and Liechtenstein, who is GD Henri's sister I believe. She's very pretty, and I think she looks kinda like Felix.
I agree! For a split second I had a sort of brain snap and thought "Oh, is she his sister. . . " then I realised no, of COURSE she isn't, she isn't Alexandra. . . Oh dear. . .
Old 01-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia View Post
I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask this question but here it is.
If Guillaum ever becomes the Grand Duke before having a child,
though I doubt it will happen, does Felix automatically become the Hereditary Grand Duke?
No, he would be heir presumptive.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM

whats presumptive??
Old 01-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_kira View Post
whats presumptive??

Assumed. As in it's thought to be but is not official. As in, I don't PRESUME to know everything.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 PM

An "heir presumptive" is someone who is officially the next in line, but who can be "deposed" if someone "more fit" turns up. In this case, Felix would be heir presumptive, because as soon as Guillaume gets a son, this son becomes the irrevocable first in line, or "heir apparent". I don't think girls have a position in the line of succession in Luxembourg. And I also don't think an "heir presumptive" gets the title of "Hereditary Grand Duke".
Old 01-10-2009, 12:28 AM

ooohh i see. thnks!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Commoner

Thanks a lot White Princess & Leana
I think my view on current monarchies are still dominated by my knowledge about absolute monarchy.
So I was a little too serious
Old 02-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Does anyone know if Prince Felix is working for a Swiss company in Switzerland or if he's working for a company that is based or has offices in Luxembourg or what company it is?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Gentry

Hmmm, good point - I'm not sure whether it says he's actually in Switzerland or not - I suppose he could be working for a Swiss company in Luxembourg.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

Where is he nowadays? The entire family except for the GD and GDess seem to be in hiding.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Gentry

LOL, it does seem a bit like that sometimes - we certainly don't hear much about what the younger generation of Luxembourg royals are up to. . .
Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Prince Felix's looks, and whether or not he has turned "ugly", are not part of his Current Events. Please stay on topic.

JessRulz
Lux. Forum Moderator
Old 02-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
What does Felix do when he isn't working his job for this Swiss firm or doing official functions?

You never hear about him (or his siblings) out at clubs, bars, or just hanging out anywhere. I can't imagine that he spends all of his downtime in his home playing World of Warcraft or something like that. Perhaps if he is living in Switzerland (which I kinda assume he is) no one knows who he is or recognizes him when he's out jogging or playing pool in a local cafe. Surly he and his brothers don't spend all their time sitting inside watching TV or playing computer games.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Nobility

I agree with you. But it's funny. They are Lux princes but they live in Swiss (Felix, Louis). They can't live in their own country, becouse I don't know, they want have privacy?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
I agree with you. But it's funny. They are Lux princes but they live in Swiss (Felix, Louis). They can't live in their own country, becouse I don't know, they want have privacy?
Their siblings live in Luxemburg, and they have their privacy; but it seems to me that several princes of several countries don't live in their one, for example Prince Jean of Luxemburg and some Liechtentein Princes...