Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 3: February - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Welcome to Part 5 of News and Pictures of the Grand Ducal Family. The previous thread can be found here.

A couple of reminders:
Please remember our Posting Rules and Guidelines and be respectful towards each other.

Also please remember our Copyright Policy and post only 20% of articles and credit all articles and images.

Please also keep in mind our Attachment Policy and attach only current images directly to the forum. Older images must be hosted via another source as part of our efforts to conserve bandwidth.

Please do not start this thread with posts such as "Yeah! A new thread!" or such posts. And please remember to stay on topic.

And finally -- enjoy!

The children not missing school makes sense. After all, they just did a public appearance, so it won't be that bad.

Even if one did get to go to the Turino Olympics, what are the chances of actually spotting this royal fam??? There must be hundreds of thousands of people there. Also, you could be in a total different part from where they are. And can't there be numerous events taking place all at one given time?

Everyone might be at the opening ceremony. Possibly?
So yeah, running into them would be difficult, but seeing them at the bigger events like the opening ceremony (if they all go) won't be so difficult.

I mentioned this in the other thread right before it got closed. But Luxembourg only has one athlete at the games Fleur Maxwell ladies figure skating. She is carrying the flag at opening ceremonies but her event isn't until the last few days. So opening, closing and the ladies long and short events would be the only ones they would be at (if they go) everything else would just be guessing.

I think it would be really nice though if one of them did go to the figure skating.

Yes, it would be nice to see them there. Especially with just one person. I find it difficult to believe just because they are a small country that no one else could go.

a photo from last year's photo session on Grand Duke's 50th Birthday
from revue.lu

nmz48o.jpg

we need new family pictures of them.... and i sincerely hope it includes Louis..

I was thinking about the idea of a new family picture and I was wondering: seeing as how Louis' child would most likely have a christening would it be a private or public event and if it were a public event would the family take a group photo to sort of commeorate the occasion?

grim_lady said:
I was thinking about the idea of a new family picture and I was wondering: seeing as how Louis' child would most likely have a christening would it be a private or public event and if it were a public event would the family take a group photo to sort of commeorate the occasion?

Well, if we follow the exmple of Louis' uncle Prince Jean, it will definitely be private. Jean and his [now ex-] wife Helene had their first child, Princess Marie Gabrielle, about a year before they got married [Prince Philippe of Belgium is her godfather], and it was very definitely completely quiet and private. Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte didn't even attend.
Now, I'm sure that Henri and Maria Teresa will be there for Louis' child's christening, but I'm also pretty sure that it's not going to be a grand public event. The baby more than likely won't even have a title.

suturegeisha said:
Well, if we follow the exmple of Louis' uncle Prince Jean, it will definitely be private. Jean and his [now ex-] wife Helene had their first child, Princess Marie Gabrielle, about a year before they got married [Prince Philippe of Belgium is her godfather], and it was very definitely completely quiet and private. Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte didn't even attend.

hmm... Princesss Marie Gabrielle is somehow condemned by her family (her grandparents by not attending the christening, i mean), but have a future king as a godfather (philippe of belgium) ?? wow.. that's a contradiction.. :D

even though it most likely be a private event, i hope we still get a least several released pictures of Louis' child's christening.

purple_platinum said:
hmm... Princesss Marie Gabrielle is somehow condemned by her family (her grandparents by not attending the christening, i mean), but have a future king as a godfather (philippe of belgium) ?? wow.. that's a contradiction.. :D

even though it most likely be a private event, i hope we still get a least several released pictures of Louis' child's christening.

Philippe is Jean's cousin, remember. They seem to be very close. :)

well, a few mos back, someone said, on here i believe, that most of the family rallied behind jean, the obvious objectors being j-c and gd jean, at the Christening and at the wedding. all in all, they seem pretty supportive of each other, which is a very good thing. let's hope they'll be just as supportive of louis.

purple_platinum said:

FYI, Prince Philippe of Belgium is not Marie Gabrielle's godfather. He is godfather to second child, Constantin of Nassau, who was born after Jean and Helene were married.

Last edited by a moderator:
suturegeisha said:
Now, I'm sure that Henri and Maria Teresa will be there for Louis' child's christening, but I'm also pretty sure that it's not going to be a grand public event. The baby more than likely won't even have a title.

:eek: Just imagine Prince Louis and his girlfriend would marry in one or two years and then have another child, then the second born would have a title and the first one would stay without or am I wrong?

drimal said:
:eek: Just imagine Prince Louis and his girlfriend would marry in one or two years and then have another child, then the second born would have a title and the first one would stay without or am I wrong?

I think that if Louis got married, then it would be the case of all of his children having titles [regardless whether they were born before or after the marriage]. I'm not totally sure though. :)

Lindy said:
FYI, Prince Philippe of Belgium is not Marie Gabrielle's godfather. He is godfather to second child, Constantin of Nassau, who was born after Jean and Helene were married.
I'm the one who posted that bit of misleading news....sorry. :)
I saw photos of the baptism of one of Jean and Helene's children with Philippe standing as godfather and the caption said that it was Marie Gabrielle's baptism. Ooops.

Last edited by a moderator:
drimal said:

Didn't all of Jean's children get the title of count/ess after he an Helen got married? I suppose it would be the same for Louis.

thanks mathilde. just been having problems(good days and bad ones) with my left hand, and type whenever possible- that's all. anywho, louis' baby(s), she could be having twins, we don't/won't know until tessy gives birth and twins do run in his family, will be mr/miss nassau- if he and/or tessy decide to use it as their baby's surname. more than likely, they won't be granted any kind of a title unless henri sees fit to do so- which would be more than likely count/ess of nassau, which would be the case unless, or even if, louis and tessy marry. who knows. we all shall have to wait and see.

Twins do run in the family so to speak, but they are all fraternal to my knowledge. So it running in Louis' family has nothing to do with it. It depends if it runs in Tessy's family. But I think they would announce it if they knew they were having twins.

i think they[the pr ppl] had a hard enough time announcing the pregnacy. i really don't think they would've annouced twins taking into consideration privacy issues. whenever the baby is born, all we're likely to hear about - officially- is the gender, name, title- if one, and, if we're lucky, christening date; nothing else.

Well, I think it would be more of a controversy if the number of babies was a surprise. It would be like they were trying to hide something.

Just a note in case anyone missed the announcement, our Avatar Galleries have been updated, with many new avatars of the Grand Ducal family, including the new portrait of Henri and Maria Teresa released for their anniversary and some of Guillaume.

Alexandria said:
Just a note in case anyone missed the announcement, our Avatar Galleries have been updated, with many new avatars of the Grand Ducal family, including the new portrait of Henri and Maria Teresa released for their anniversary and some of Guillaume.

Hey, I made some of those. :D Thanks Alexandria.

pretoriana18

finally I can put to me in contact... enchants everything to me what must see with the gustaria royalty and know to me in special on the real family of Luxwmburgo, I adore thanks

Finally the bad rumours about Prince Jean being involved in the so called bomber scandal ( the bad rumours which Grand Duke Henri mentionned in his new year's speech) are coming to an end! Today TV channel RTL said that there are proofs that Prince Jean hasn't been involved in this affair, first of all he was abroad for most of the dates when the attentats happened and he made a DNA test.

I really hope that the Grand Ducal family will find peace again after this bad calumny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom