The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Twins do run in the family so to speak, but they are all fraternal to my knowledge. So it running in Louis' family has nothing to do with it. It depends if it runs in Tessy's family. But I think they would announce it if they knew they were having twins.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:27 AM
Courtier

i think they[the pr ppl] had a hard enough time announcing the pregnacy. i really don't think they would've annouced twins taking into consideration privacy issues. whenever the baby is born, all we're likely to hear about - officially- is the gender, name, title- if one, and, if we're lucky, christening date; nothing else.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I think it would be more of a controversy if the number of babies was a surprise. It would be like they were trying to hide something.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Just a note in case anyone missed the announcement, our Avatar Galleries have been updated, with many new avatars of the Grand Ducal family, including the new portrait of Henri and Maria Teresa released for their anniversary and some of Guillaume.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Just a note in case anyone missed the announcement, our Avatar Galleries have been updated, with many new avatars of the Grand Ducal family, including the new portrait of Henri and Maria Teresa released for their anniversary and some of Guillaume.
Hey, I made some of those. Thanks Alexandria.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Smile pretoriana18

finally I can put to me in contact... enchants everything to me what must see with the gustaria royalty and know to me in special on the real family of Luxwmburgo, I adore thanks
Old 02-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
Hey, I made some of those. Thanks Alexandria.
So did I. I think its very funny. And its about time, too.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Exclamation

Finally the bad rumours about Prince Jean being involved in the so called bomber scandal ( the bad rumours which Grand Duke Henri mentionned in his new year's speech) are coming to an end! Today TV channel RTL said that there are proofs that Prince Jean hasn't been involved in this affair, first of all he was abroad for most of the dates when the attentats happened and he made a DNA test.

I really hope that the Grand Ducal family will find peace again after this bad calumny.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

It really took them this long? He is a royal; they should have cleared him sooner.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Gentry

Sorry.. what affairs? what's the bomber scandal?
Old 02-23-2006, 04:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiress Victoria
Sorry.. what affairs? what's the bomber scandal?
We discussed it at the end of last year in "News and Pictures of the GD family" Part 4 if I'm not mistaken.

Today the story is the big headline of the newspaper Luxemburger Wort and below I translate there internet article:

Prince Jean wasn't the bomber

The public attorney's office Luxembourg sees proved the innocence of Prince Jean in the affair "Bommeleeër" (bomber in English). The brother of the present Grand Duke Henri had subjected himself voluntarily a DNA-test, the authority announced on Wednesday. This test had no agreement with the traces found at the crime scene.

Among the deeds of the presumed bombers fall a dozen of explosive material attacks in the years 1984 to 1986 on Luxembourg's territory . Persons haven't been injured at the same time. A witness found by RTL Lëtzebuerg had burdened Prince Jean. He had stated in a conversation with prime minister Jean-Claude Juncker, that he had seen the car of the prince at the day of the attack on the airport Findel directly at the crime scene.

However Prince Jean was able to refute the suspicion. On the investigations of the district attorney's office, he indicated that he had been on the relevant time guest in a hunt in the French Département Loir et Cher - about 500 kilometers away from the crime scene . According to district attorney's office, letters and photos belay the presence of the noblemen at the organization. At the anonymous RTL-witness, contradictions had appeared moreover in the details about times and weather conditions - which isn't amazing after 20 years. The search for the bombers goes therefore further. The district attorney's office had confirmed lately that the limitation time period isn't yet expired for the deeds.

Source in German:
http://www.wort.lu

PS: These rumors appeared in pubs soon after the several attacks from the years 1985-1986. These people thought that the involvement of a member of the Grand Ducal family was the only explanation that the saddest affair in the history of Luxembourg hasn't been cleared up yet.

The real criminals haven't been found after 20 years and 18 attacks between 1985 and 1986. The sloppiness is an embarrassment for the whole Grand Duchy!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

An investigation that sloppy probably won't be solved.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

Wow, that is the first I have heard about any of that. I think it's surprising that the investigation was so sloppy and that the real criminals have yet to be found... It's good that Jean was cleared though. Those sounds like some terrible rumors to be going around about you.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Gentry

yess and even more if you are royal
Old 02-25-2006, 04:15 AM
Nobility

Just want to add to this sad story that I'm quite sure that these bad rumours were the reason why Prince Jean renounced at his rights, the divorcement was only a pretext. He moved to Paris where he is still living actually and was hardly seen in Luxembourg during the last years.

Prince Jean's advocate emphasized that his client has been deeply injured and disappointed by the reproaches. Luxembourg's most famous lawyer Gaston Vogel (who is acknowleged as a person who says the things point blank) critized Luxembourg's public attorney's office of proceeding very unfortunate; "this is more a burden than an approval".

The witness which burdened the prince (by saying that he saw him in a car near the crime scene on the day of the attack of 20th November 1985) explained his statement in an interview: " I didn't say that the man I saw in the car was the bomber (contradiction to what he announced a few weeks ago! ) but that I recognized a man of the public life, Prince Jean and I mentionned the name in the discussion with the prime minister..."

He didn't answered to the facts that there are pictures and texts which belay that Prince Jean has been a guest on a hunt that day and I really doubt that he really now Prince Jean's face so well that he couldn't confuse him with someone else. There isn't even a proof that the man in the car (which wasn't Prince Jean!) has something to do with the crimes! By the way it is really strange that the so called witness didn't mention Prince Jean's name at the police office in 1985 and now all of a sudden after the RTL report he remembered that the man he saw in the car on that day could have been Prince Jean. Either this man just wants attention or he wants to cause damage to the Grand Ducal family!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow. That is crazyness. How can people change their minds after 20 years?
Old 03-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

It has taken this long? Has anyone over there heard of innocent till proven guilty? I wonder if he had been someone else if the same thing would have happened. Would the witness even have mentioned it.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Henri I, Luxemburg's Grand Duke (L) and his son Crown Prince Guillaume stand to attention during a welcoming ceremony in Wiesbaden 17 March 2006. Henri and Guillaume are on a two-day visit to Wiesbaden

from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	233151  
Old 03-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Serene Highness

I think that Guillaume looks with beard older, but very good. Are there more new images?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Commoner

He's starting to look like Nicholas II of Russia. :)

Thanks for the pic