Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 2: April 2005 - February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is;) ! The pic of Henri and his sons! Such a beautiful picture:p !

I'm sorry but I had to cut the pic in two parts because it was too large:mad: !

:rolleyes: I scanned this pic from the Royals magazine.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Copie de sans titre15.jpg
    Copie de sans titre15.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 485
  • Copie de sans titre14.jpg
    Copie de sans titre14.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 511
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• CA3Q6H77.jpg
    CA3Q6H77.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 452
  • CA6TN1C4.jpg
    CA6TN1C4.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 434
  • CA58A9PN.jpg
    CA58A9PN.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 326
  • CA3254TB.jpg
    CA3254TB.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 265
  • CACLAJ0H.jpg
    CACLAJ0H.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 326
  • CAURKJZS.jpg
    CAURKJZS.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 453
guillaume looks like he is in the 20's or 30's in that blue suit

not age wise but the era the roaring 20's and the horrible 30's like a zoot suit. (spelling may be off on zoot) the man standing behind him helps with the era look.

zootsuit is from spookshop.com while 1920's is from costumes.org

sorry they are so small

ok the 1920's one is the kind of suit from the 20's that i was talking about. it is for higher classed european people while the zoot suit is from 1940's u.s.a. many hispanic and african american people wore these in many different and bright colors. they are what you think of when you think of swing dancing.

* i am not in any way being racist when i stated who wore zoot suits, that is stated in the oxford dictionary's definition of a zoot suit.*

Attachments

• 1920's.bmp
    61 KB · Views: 186
  • zootsuit.bmp
    29.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Here's a pic from a book I have, it's called Gala and it's about the magazine.

Attachments

• gala1.jpg
    gala1.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 515
That it please means this text in German:
Wie das großherzogliche Hofmarschallamt am Mittwoch mitteilte, erwarten Prinz Louis und seine Freundin im Frühjahr Nachwuchs. Die jungen Leute seien seit einem Jahr ein Paar, beabsichtigten derzeit aber keine Heirat. Die Eltern des Prinzes und seiner Lebensgefährtin würden die werdenden Eltern mit ihrer Liebe und dem nötigen Beistand zur Seite stehen, hieß es weiter. Prinz Louis ist der dritte Sohn von Großherzog Henri und Großherzogin Maria Teresa. Er feierte am 3. August seinen 19. Geburtstag. Der jüngere Bruder von Erbprinz Guillaume und Prinz Felix beendete in diesem Jahr die Sekundarschule in der Schweiz. Es ist das erste Enkelkind von Großherzog Henri und Großherzogin Maria Teresa.

The part that I understand says that he is the 3rd son of Grand Duke Henri and Granduchess Maria Teresa. He is the younger brother of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Prince Felix who I think it says is in Switzerland, but I'm not sure.

I think Guillaume is becoming a responsible adult on taking the role of hereditary.:) He looks very professional in all of his photos I've seen since I've been a member here.:)

I believe we will see Guillaume's will to be the best he can in running Luxembourg.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
He always has looked professional. He is just now taking on more duties.
Yes he is:D . And now he is becoming more and more mature and very attractive:) .

I believe he will make wise decisions in his future and the future of his country.:)

Late GD Charlotte voted most important Luxembourger of all time!

Late Grand Duchess Charlotte (1896 - 1985) has been voted most important Luxembourger of all times by the readers of Panorama.

Here's the top 10:

1) Grand Duchess Charlotte
2) Prime minister Jean-Claude Juncker
3) cyclist Charly Gaul
4) former Prime minister Pierre Werner
5) gold medal winner of 1952 Josy Barthel
6) Grand Duke Jean
7) Jean the blind
8) author Dicks
9) author Michel Rodange
10) former Prime minister Joseph Bech

"Grand Duchess Charlotte was a strong, at the same time very motherly personality, who shaped the fate of Luxembourg a for a half century; unforgotten as sovereign, at the same time a symbol for liberty and independence. Her top position is a victory for the late Grand Duchess Charlotte. Her son Grand Duke Jean reached place 6 of the ranking. This is another proof, how popular our dynasty is."

"Grand Duchess Charlotte was born on 6th November 1896 at Berg Castle. She became Grand Duchess of Luxembourg after the resignation of her sister Marie Adelheid in accordance with opinion poll 1919 and reigned over the country almost a half century with circumspection.
The occupation of the Grand Duchy by Nazi Germany 1940 forced her to fly in the exile to England and Canada, fromn where she sought to support morally her suppressed national children in broadcast speeches . After her return 1945 Grand Duchess Charlotte, who resigned 1964 in favour of her son Jean, she became the symbol for of Luxembourg independence, if not Luxembourg's identity. She died on 9th July 1985."

Text from Panorama.

I'm surprised Edward Steicher [the photographer....Family of Man guy] didn't make the list.
Congratulations to Grand Duchess Charlotte! She deserves that distinction.

oh mi god! is that felix wearing the white lacoste shirt? he's a hottie! with that pose i think he's way too hot than his older brother gillaume (gillaume is the one at the extreme right, beside alexandra?) if im not mistaken.. i think andrea of monaco has a rival now for royal hottie! they're at the same age right? both born in 1984? hahha! same goes to me! what a luck! can anyone please post a picture of felix and gillaume!

madeleine victoria said:
oh mi god! is that felix wearing the white lacoste shirt? he's a hottie! with that pose i think he's way too hot than his older brother gillaume (gillaume is the one at the extreme right, beside alexandra?) if im not mistaken.. i think andrea of monaco has a rival now for royal hottie! they're at the same age right? both born in 1984? hahha! same goes to me! what a luck! can anyone please post a picture of felix and gillaume!

This is Guillaume [taken in November 2005]:
g28rj.jpg

photo from Seegerpress

And this is Felix, in April 2005, his father's 50th birthday celebration:
526384329lb.jpg

photo from Getty [sorry about the watermarks]

guillaume and felix

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Yep, Felix is in the white polo. But you have to give Guillaume some credit (if for any other reason than I said so.)

hey! suturegeisha! thanks 4 d pics. they're wonderful. guillaume look every bit of a royalty as well as felix although felix is like andrea of monaco. more of a rockstar because of his style... yeah, i think guillaume looks handsome its just that in the picture felix looks like a total hottie. that was just based on the picture when all of them are wearing white..anyway, both of them are a total knock-out! imo! hahaha!

madeleine victoria said:
hey! suturegeisha! thanks 4 d pics. they're wonderful. guillaume look every bit of a royalty as well as felix although felix is like andrea of monaco. more of a rockstar because of his style... yeah, i think guillaume looks handsome its just that in the picture felix looks like a total hottie. that was just based on the picture when all of them are wearing white..anyway, both of them are a total knock-out! imo! hahaha!

Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say that Felix is a "rockstar" but he seems more laid back than Guillaume. As for the two of them being hotties I agree completely agree.:D

85. Geburstag

from seeger

More images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00154504.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00154504.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 468
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 264
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 360
Thanks so much for the pictures! I can't get over how tall Sebastien is! Hey is that Felix in the backround of the cake picture?

wow... Alexandra is becoming really beautiful. both she and Marie Christine really steal the show.. where was Louis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom