Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 1: September 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lisamaria

Aristocracy
Hello folks!
Someone (I think Hilary) wanted to see these pictures of the family, so here they are. The quality is not the best possible, but I *did* scan them from a magazine. Feel free to comment.
-Lisa :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,653
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 557
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 459
She sure doesn't. Poor gal. She just looks, well, sick.
After all she's been through, that's hardly surprising, but it was nice to see that she felt strong enough to get out and go somewhere.
-Kara-

No trouble!
As our dear friend gaggleofcrazypeople (one interesting username) said, JC does look ill. I was pretty surprised when I saw this picture, as not a very long time ago, there was a Danish documentary about European royals on TV, and she was featured in most of the six episodes, and she looked quite beautiful and strong. She also stroke to me as an extremely strong person, someone never once willing to hide her thoughts. She looks so frail now, but no doubt still has that spikyness in her personality - as if she was too old and too aristocratic to give a damn (sort of like Mrs. Manson-Mingot in 'The Age of Innocence').

Some news about the Lux royals: Henri visited New York and Washington Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Source: http://www.wort.lu/

Henri is always dashing in formal wear. I love his red, white and blue tie.

Attachments

• henriny1.jpg
    henriny1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 373
  • henriny3.jpg
    henriny3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 372
  • henriny2.jpg
    henriny2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 399
  • henriny4.jpg
    henriny4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 390
i think hes 58 he got married at 25 and had gulliaume and so if he is 23 he would be 58 is that right??? :S

oops that cant be right haha that would make him 48 and he seems older than that

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a calander where one can see what the fmaly will attend in the future?

hillary_nugent said:
You guys have seriously lost me now...i was confused about what gaggleofcrazypeople was confused about, make sense? hahaha...so what's wrong?
I agree, I don't know what the problem is. Maybe we should get back to the topic. Is there any new news on the Lux Royals? I have been looking around but I haven't found much. :(

hillary_nugent said:
do you live in Luxembourg gaggleofcrazypeople!?!?!?!? ^_____^

But I live in Luxembourg!:) In Belvaux, a village near Esch/Alzette on the frontier to France.

Does anybody else of the forum users live in Luxembourg?;)

drimal said:
But I live in Luxembourg!:) In Belvaux, a village near Esch/Alzette on the frontier to France.

We did have one girl who posted on here- I believe her screen name was Karajan- who lived in Luxembourg. She attended music school with Guillaume and Felix and she was very helpful in answering questions about the boys. She doesn't post here too often though- in fact, I haven't seen her for a few months.
Other than that, I don't think we have anyone from Luxembourg on here.
And by the way, drimal, thank you for sharing all of your beautiful photos of the Grand Ducal family with us. They're lovely and some of the older ones are a real treat to see. :D

omg yay another luxembourg buddy... the other girl is a musician... so u seen the boys in person :)

Actually where is Karajan? If Drimal does live in Luxembourg. I was told it kinda is like a backdrop for fairytale land. One of my agent mentors went there and she had to plan a weeks worth sightseeing. She said she didn't see any royals there though but the locals said they see a lot of the extended royal family.

I have a friend from Luxembourg. It sounds like a wonderful place to live. :D

drimal said:

omg do u live in Luxembourg Drimal?!?!?! that's sooooooo cool!!! tell us about the lifestyle there! do you get to see the royal family often? Do you live near any castles? omg...you also live near France? ah...so lucky!! ^____^

hillary_nugent said:
omg do u live in Luxembourg Drimal?!?!?! that's sooooooo cool!!! tell us about the lifestyle there! do you get to see the royal family often? Do you live near any castles? omg...you also live near France? ah...so lucky!! ^____^
I saw the royal family or members of them in reality four times in my life.
The first time was in 1992 when the former Grand Duke Jean was on official visit in my village. I was eight year at that time (now I'm 20 years old) and I was so proud to chant with my class a welcoming song.:D Since that time I'm a great fan of this nice royal family! I collected many photos of them and was always pleased if our channel RTL Lëtzebuerg showed some pictures of them!:)

The second time I saw Henri and Guillaume at the Schueberfouer (that is some sort of big fun-fair with many games!;) ) going on a big dipper. That was funny!:p

The third time was four years ago when I saw Maria Teresa and her four sons in a shopping center. (This shopping center has the beautiful name Belle Etoile what means in English beautiful star) They wear all normal clothes and I recognized them not immediately.

The fourth time was last year on an official visit in Esch/Alzette where I saw Grand Duke Henri and his wife Maria Teresa with their five children.

The Grand Dukal family never have bodyguards and they are really simple and not arrogant at all. Their children visit public schools for example.

They are very popular in Luxembourg indeed. Grand Duke Henri's mother Grand Duchess Charlotte was a great person in the Second World War when Luxembourg suffered under the nazis. She spend the people hope and consolation in these difficult months and was some sort of national hero after the war. Four years after her death (1985) in 1989 a statue was built in her honor.

Do the princes seem more scary in real life? Are they kinda down to earth?

The grand-dukes and their heir went yesterday to a football match between Portugal. Unfortunaly to their country, they lose 0-5. GO PORTUGAL!

rchainho said:
The grand-dukes and their heir went yesterday to a football match between Portugal. Unfortunaly to their country, they lose 0-5. GO PORTUGAL!
Yes the Grand Duke Henri and his wife Grand Duchess Maria Teresa went with Prince Felix, Prince Sebastien and Princess Alexandra in the stage Josy Barthel to watch Luxembourg against Portugal in football.:)

Although they lose 0:5 the newspapers wrote that Portugal wasn't playing at the top level and this is the reality. Can you imagine that Luxembourg's national football team hasn't won since 9th September 1995 a match and is without victory since 66 matches!!!:mad: :( :mad:

They lost last month against Liechtenstein 0:4! It was the third victory for Liechtenstein in their history... (Without comment!)

Hello Drimal!! I'm Portuguese, I live in Portugal, and you're 100% right!!! Portugal didn't play his best, the national sub-21 years old played yesterday much better!
Good luck for Luxembourg, I enjoyed very much the presence of henri and Maria Teresa in the game! :) :)

Drimal, I know there are no universities in Luxembourg, so where do most people go and study (which country)? I would have loved to have gone there and studied (if they had a university) because of French AND German :) and it's such a beautiful country. Oh you are so lucky to live there. While we are boiling our backside's here, you will have a winter Christmas (with snow??):( :mad: ... No, I'm happy for you. I have to get over this immense jealousy for people who have temperatures below 10°C :D

Does anyone from Australia know if they play the soccer (football) here? I have looked (on Foxtel as well) but I can't find it. :( :mad:

Last edited:
drimal said:
Luxembourg's national football team hasn't won since 9th September 1995 a match and is without victory since 66 matches!!!:mad: :( :mad:
wow...i love soccer and that is pretty shocking haha...Australia's not any much better well perhaps a tad better ^__^ wow you said your see the Royal family going shopping have you every approached them? i'm surprise they're not followed by fans ^__^

did anyone see them in the crowd... any photos???? i envy your eyes drimal.... they saw they really saw the boys.... wow mwa you are the super coolest

Danielle said:
Drimal, I know there are no universities in Luxembourg, so where do most people go and study (which country)? I would have loved to have gone there and studied (if they had a university) because of French AND German :) and it's such a beautiful country. Oh you are so lucky to live there. While we are boiling our backside's here, you will have a winter Christmas (with snow??):( :mad: ... No, I'm happy for you. I have to get over this immense jealousy for people who have temperatures below 10°C :D

Does anyone from Australia know if they play the soccer (football) here? I have looked (on Foxtel as well) but I can't find it. :( :mad:
Luxembourg has a university since two years!;) But the only subject you can learn completely in Luxembourg is economy, other subjects are just one or two years and than you have to go abroad!:(

Must students go study abroad, especially in France or in Belgium because most of the subjects on the secundary school in Luxembourg are in French. This is one of the disadvantages of a small country!

And the weather is terrible the whole year; it is often raining and windy weather. With 8,5 average degrees it is colder than in London for example and you have certainly heard that the British weather is not one of the bests...hahaha!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom