Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 1: September 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Grand Ducal family have said anything about the tsunami disaster in Asia? Since Henri is technically the 'chief of state', I was just wondering if they released a statement of some description.

just some dates...

LUXEMBOURG

Reigning Monarch:
GRAND DUKE HENRI
b. 16 April 1955; succeeded 7 October 2000 on the abdication of his father, Grand Duke Jean; married 14 February 1981, Maria-Teresa Mestre.

Children of the Grand Duke:
Prince Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie; b. 11 November 1981.

Prince Felix Leopold Marie Guillaume; b. 3 June 1984.

Prince Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume; b. 3 August 1986.

Princess Alexandra Josephine Teresa Charlotte Marie Wilhelmina; b. 16 February 1991.

Prince Sebastien Henri Marie Guillaume; b. 16 April 1992.

Brothers and Sisters of the Grand Duke:
Princess Marie-Astrid; b. 17 February 1954; married 6 February 1982, Charles Christian of Habsburg Lorraine, Archduke of Austria; daughter Marie-Christine Anne Astrid Zita Charlotte of Habsburg Lorraine, b. 31 July 1983, son Prince Imre, b. 8 December 1985, son Prince Christophe, b. 2 February 1988, son Prince Alexander, b. 26 September 1990, daughter Princess Gabriella, b. 26 March 1994.

Prince Jean; b. 15 May 1957; married 27 May 1987, Helane Suzanne Vestur; daughter Marie-Gabrielle, b. 8 December 1986, son Constantin Jean Philippe, b. 22 July 1988, son Wenceslas, b. 17 November 1990, son Carl-Johann, b. 15 August 1992.

Princess Margaretha; b. 15 May 1957; married 20 March 1982, Prince Nicolas of Liechtenstein; daughter Princess Maria Annunciata, b. 12 May 1985, daughter Princess Marie-Astrid, b. 26 June 1987, son Prince Joseph-Emmanuel, b. 7 May 1989.

Prince Guillaume; b. 1 May 1963; married 24 September 1994, Sibilla Weiller; sons Paul-Louis, b. 4 March 1998, Leopold, b. 2 May 2000; daughter Charlotte, b. 2 May 2000.

Parents of the Grand Duke:
JEAN BENOÎT GUILLAUME MARIE ROBERT LOUIS ANTOINE ADOLPHE MARC D'AVIANO, FORMER GRAND DUKE; b. 5 January 1921; succeeded 12 November 1964; abdicated in favour of his son, Prince Henri, 7 October 2000; married 9 April 1953, Josephine Charlotte, Princess of Belgium (b. 11 October 1927).

i got the above from...

http://www.worldwhoswho.com/public/views/royal_families.html?country=LUXEMBOURG

you can check out the same things of royals from other countries as well ^___^

Last edited by a moderator:
Irish twins are babies who are born less than a year a part, sort of like siblings are born back to back.

Thanks for explaining what Irish twins are Alexandria ^___^

hahahaha...i guess ALexandra and Sebastian aren't Irish twins they're more than a year apart...14 months apart ^___^

hillary_nugent said:
Thanks for explaining what Irish twins are Alexandria ^___^

hahahaha...i guess ALexandra and Sebastian aren't Irish twins they're more than a year apart...14 months apart ^___^
You're welcome hillary_nugent.

But actually I was a bit off in my calculations (math was never my strong point!). Irish twins are babies born about a year to 15/16 months apart (I forgot about the pregnancy part!) -- so I guess Alexandra and Sebastian would be considered Irish twins.

"Irish" twins I guess because back when the term was coined, the Irish were known for having many children very close in age -- many lived in rural areas and required many children to help with the farm work and also being predominantly Catholic they didn't believe in or use contraception -- so a lot of babies born very close together.

Well thanks for that interesting fact Alexandria ^__^ wow...i guess that means Pierre and Charlotte of Monaco are also Irish twins...but back to the topic...how is our Luxembourg Royal clan lately? ^___^

hey everyone there are new Xmas pics of the RLF in the yahoo group ^_______^

GuillaumeHereditaryofLuxembourg

i'm trying to find away to post the pics i can never seem to post pics from that site...because of its format or something...

Are they in dodgy, huge bitmap format?

Anyway here they are - Christmas 2004 for the Grand Ducal family!

Thanks for the hot lead, Hillary! :) (I hope don't seem like a "posting hog" - since I learnt how to post pictures it's been a kind of madness :D) Isn't that a great website (the yahoogroup GuillaumeHereditaryofLuxembourg) - there are so many pics I've never seen before! Isn't Guillaume looking terrific in that family pic? Felix doesn't look so happy. Awww... he looks sad... :(

Attachments

• Christmas 2004.jpg
    Christmas 2004.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Christmas 2004 [2].jpg
    Christmas 2004 [2].jpg
    17 KB · Views: 467
here are some more pics of the family during christmas. sadly,*sighs sadly, the evil facial has not left felix's face. anyway, enjoy.:)

Attachments

• Hola+X-mas+02.jpg
    Hola+X-mas+02.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Hola+X-mas+03.jpg
    Hola+X-mas+03.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 299
  • Hola+X-mas+04.jpg
    Hola+X-mas+04.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 404
  • Hola+X-mas+05.jpg
    Hola+X-mas+05.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 416
thanks for the posting the pics katielouise [of course you aren't a posting-hog in fact your posted pics are much appreciated ^___^] and thanks to msfroste too of course ^__^ how did you manage to post those pics i can never seem to post pics from that website because it is not a certain format...

just save them to your computer,usually in some sort of pic saving file, and after that, just use the posting guidelines for this website.

by the way doesn't Alexandra look alot mature in the above pics and is it just me or did she get her hair layered as well? ^__^ oOooo we got something in common hahaha

Thanks, msfroyste! Did these other pics come from the same site? I haven't seen any of them before.

yes they did. guillaume, hereditary grand duke of luxembourg yahoo group. i think someone else posted the link on one of the threads in this forum.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
She looks really strange in one of those pics.
in which picture? ^___^ why does she look strange? hahaha...in one of the pictures her teeth look bizarre haha

felix is loosing his charm... reference (from clueless the movie... cher to step brother about facing hair before driving practice ;) )

felix looks like the latino villain in b movies...one who strokes his mustache and orders his henchmen to shoot antonio banderas!...or something.

I've heard this about the Spanish as well. They children are born with one year apart

hey has univeristy resumed in Europe? i guess if it has Guillaume is most likely there at the moment...actually no...he would more likely be in Luxembourg to attend his JC's funeral...

hillary_nugent said:
hey has univeristy resumed in Europe? i guess if it has Guillaume is most likely there at the moment...actually no...he would more likely be in Luxembourg to attend his JC's funeral...
:( it must be hard for them all the family was so close

hillary_nugent said:
awww...our princes must be heaps sad...and doesn't that make you sad? :(
:( very sad... she could have been somebody heres grandmother in law

i know the princes are beyond sad. i just lost my grandfather last year, and i was devistated. it's always hard for someone to lose someone that close to them.

hillary_nugent said:
I haven't seen any pics of Guillaume since Christmas, but it would be appropriate for him to be at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom