The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
But I live in Luxembourg!:) In Belvaux, a village near Esch/Alzette on the frontier to France.

Does anybody else of the forum users live in Luxembourg?
omg do u live in Luxembourg Drimal?!?!?! that's sooooooo cool!!! tell us about the lifestyle there! do you get to see the royal family often? Do you live near any castles? omg...you also live near France? ah...so lucky!! ^____^

Old 11-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
omg do u live in Luxembourg Drimal?!?!?! that's sooooooo cool!!! tell us about the lifestyle there! do you get to see the royal family often? Do you live near any castles? omg...you also live near France? ah...so lucky!! ^____^
I saw the royal family or members of them in reality four times in my life.
The first time was in 1992 when the former Grand Duke Jean was on official visit in my village. I was eight year at that time (now I'm 20 years old) and I was so proud to chant with my class a welcoming song. Since that time I'm a great fan of this nice royal family! I collected many photos of them and was always pleased if our channel RTL Ltzebuerg showed some pictures of them!:)

The second time I saw Henri and Guillaume at the Schueberfouer (that is some sort of big fun-fair with many games! ) going on a big dipper. That was funny!:p

The third time was four years ago when I saw Maria Teresa and her four sons in a shopping center. (This shopping center has the beautiful name Belle Etoile what means in English beautiful star) They wear all normal clothes and I recognized them not immediately.

The fourth time was last year on an official visit in Esch/Alzette where I saw Grand Duke Henri and his wife Maria Teresa with their five children.

The Grand Dukal family never have bodyguards and they are really simple and not arrogant at all. Their children visit public schools for example.

They are very popular in Luxembourg indeed. Grand Duke Henri's mother Grand Duchess Charlotte was a great person in the Second World War when Luxembourg suffered under the nazis. She spend the people hope and consolation in these difficult months and was some sort of national hero after the war. Four years after her death (1985) in 1989 a statue was built in her honor.

Old 11-18-2004, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Do the princes seem more scary in real life? Are they kinda down to earth?
Old 11-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

The grand-dukes and their heir went yesterday to a football match between Portugal. Unfortunaly to their country, they lose 0-5. GO PORTUGAL!
Old 11-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
The grand-dukes and their heir went yesterday to a football match between Portugal. Unfortunaly to their country, they lose 0-5. GO PORTUGAL!
Yes the Grand Duke Henri and his wife Grand Duchess Maria Teresa went with Prince Felix, Prince Sebastien and Princess Alexandra in the stage Josy Barthel to watch Luxembourg against Portugal in football.:)

Although they lose 0:5 the newspapers wrote that Portugal wasn't playing at the top level and this is the reality. Can you imagine that Luxembourg's national football team hasn't won since 9th September 1995 a match and is without victory since 66 matches!!! :(

They lost last month against Liechtenstein 0:4! It was the third victory for Liechtenstein in their history... (Without comment!)
Old 11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Hello Drimal!! I'm Portuguese, I live in Portugal, and you're 100% right!!! Portugal didn't play his best, the national sub-21 years old played yesterday much better!
Good luck for Luxembourg, I enjoyed very much the presence of henri and Maria Teresa in the game! :) :)
Old 11-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Drimal, I know there are no universities in Luxembourg, so where do most people go and study (which country)? I would have loved to have gone there and studied (if they had a university) because of French AND German :) and it's such a beautiful country. Oh you are so lucky to live there. While we are boiling our backside's here, you will have a winter Christmas (with snow??):( ... No, I'm happy for you. I have to get over this immense jealousy for people who have temperatures below 10C

Does anyone from Australia know if they play the soccer (football) here? I have looked (on Foxtel as well) but I can't find it. :(

Old 11-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
Luxembourg's national football team hasn't won since 9th September 1995 a match and is without victory since 66 matches!!! :(
wow...i love soccer and that is pretty shocking haha...Australia's not any much better well perhaps a tad better ^__^ wow you said your see the Royal family going shopping have you every approached them? i'm surprise they're not followed by fans ^__^
Old 11-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Courtier

did anyone see them in the crowd... any photos???? i envy your eyes drimal.... they saw they really saw the boys.... wow mwa you are the super coolest
Old 11-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Drimal, I know there are no universities in Luxembourg, so where do most people go and study (which country)? I would have loved to have gone there and studied (if they had a university) because of French AND German :) and it's such a beautiful country. Oh you are so lucky to live there. While we are boiling our backside's here, you will have a winter Christmas (with snow??):( ... No, I'm happy for you. I have to get over this immense jealousy for people who have temperatures below 10C

Does anyone from Australia know if they play the soccer (football) here? I have looked (on Foxtel as well) but I can't find it. :(
Luxembourg has a university since two years! But the only subject you can learn completely in Luxembourg is economy, other subjects are just one or two years and than you have to go abroad!:(

Must students go study abroad, especially in France or in Belgium because most of the subjects on the secundary school in Luxembourg are in French. This is one of the disadvantages of a small country!

And the weather is terrible the whole year; it is often raining and windy weather. With 8,5 average degrees it is colder than in London for example and you have certainly heard that the British weather is not one of the bests...hahaha!:)
Old 11-19-2004, 08:19 AM
Nobility

Photos of Luxembourg versus Portugal 0:5

Here are the promised pictures of this qualification match to the Worldchampionships 2006.

Goals: 0:1 Besic (own goal/11') 0:2 Ronaldo (27') 0:3 Maniche (52') 0:4 Pauleta (67') 0:5 Pauleta (83'/penalty)

Note: Luxembourg and Portugal have good relationships and 70000 of the 440000 inhabitants of my country are from Portugal.:)

1.Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa greeting the players
2.(from left to right) Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Grand Duke Henri, former Football coach and actual president of the football deferation Paul Philippe, actual sport minister of Luxembourg Jeannot Kreck and another person that I don't know
3. (from left to right) Paul Helminger mayor of Luxembourg (city), Prince Felix, Maria Teresa and Henri (they have Luxembourgish flaggs with the slogan Allez Ltzebuerg)
4. The Grand Dukal couple is following the match with many interest
5. a typical scene: Luxembourg's National keeper Alijaj Besic outwited by clever Portuguese players
6. the team of the runner-up of the Euro 2004: Portugal
7. good atmosphere in the stage Josy Barthel by many Portuguese fans
8. one of the rare good scenes of the Luxembourgish players: Besic catchs a difficult ball
9. our national coach Allan Simonsen (he is Danish and coached former the Faroe Islands and was European Football Player of the year Award in the eighties)
10. Allan Simonson with the Portuguese coach Luiz Felipe Scolari

If you want to see more pictures of the match I recommend you this link:
http://www.pressphoto.lu/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	henri football 1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	58068   Click image for larger version

Name:	henri football 2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	58069   Click image for larger version

Name:	henri football 3.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	58070   Click image for larger version

Name:	henri football 4.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	58071  

Name:	football 1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	58072   Click image for larger version

Name:	football 3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	58074   Click image for larger version

Name:	football 2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	58092   Click image for larger version

Name:	football 5.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	58093  

Name:	football 7 a.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	58094   Click image for larger version

Name:	football 8 a.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	58095  
Old 11-19-2004, 08:19 AM
Nobility

Luxembourg and Portugal game

Fifth and sixth photos - Henri and China Prime Minister
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	game.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	58111   Click image for larger version

Name:	game1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	58112   Click image for larger version

Name:	game2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	58113   Click image for larger version

Name:	game3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	58114  

Name:	henri6.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	58115   Click image for larger version

Name:	henri7.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	58116  
Old 11-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks drimal and rere for the photos.

Wow, I didn't know Luxembourg had a university. Sorry for my mistake. :o Rainy, windy AND cold weather huh? :p Oh well, it still seems like a beautiful country.

Old 11-20-2004, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

nice pics Drimal ^___^

its generally cold and windey in Luxembourg? damn...i can't stand the cold but ah...the castles rock though ^___^
Old 11-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah II of Jordan is on a two-day official visit to Luxembourg! Here are some pictures from Getty of the first day - showing the arrival, posing for pictures at the palace, talks with the Prime Minister, and attendance at an exhibition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51789437.jpg (39.2 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg 51789438.jpg (34.5 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 51789440.jpg (30.9 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 51789444.jpg (50.0 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 51789445.jpg (44.6 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 51789446.jpg (34.3 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 51789862.jpg (45.9 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 51789864.jpg (41.5 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 51789441.jpg (27.4 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 51789453.jpg (37.0 KB, 131 views)
Old 11-24-2004, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Where were the children?
Old 11-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Nobility

@GrandDuchess:

Thank you so much GrandDuchess! Your pictures are so beautiful! :o

I love also the last picture of Luxembourg's Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker. He is so natural on this picture. :p

@gaggleofcrazypeople (what a funny pseudo:) ):

Well usually the children are absent during such official visits!
Old 11-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Nobility

Official visit of King Abdullah II Dinner Pictures

I have found some dinner pictures of that event. (2-4)
The first one (1) is an outside picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PoolJordanier1.sized.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	60571   Click image for larger version

Name:	PoolJordanier2.sized.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	60572   Click image for larger version

Name:	PoolJordanier3.sized.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	60573   Click image for larger version

Name:	PoolJordanier4.sized.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	60574  

Old 11-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Suturegeisha/Kara for link ^___^

well people any news of the Luxembourg princes and princess lately? ^__^
Old 11-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, not really. The family sans Guillaume and Louis were in Portuagal a few days ago.