The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess21 View Post
Yer, we will just have to wait for October. I was just wondering if maybe why we are not seeing him recently in photo's is because he is studying for Exams, etc as he is studying Geopolitics in Switzerland? I wish he would come to New Zealand.
Or.. at his causin wedd too... I don´t remember when it´s will be... but i think in setember... or like that...

Old 09-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretoriana18 View Post
Or.. at his causin wedd too... I don´t remember when it´s will be... but i think in setember... or like that...
Who is this cousin? :)

Old 09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Gentry

I think I read that Archduchess Marie-Christine will be getting married in December, more specifically December 6. I hope we get some pictures of Guillaume!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Commoner

Yer, I hope we get more photo's too. Who is Archduchess Marie-Christine is it a Belgium Cousin or something?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess21 View Post
Yer, I hope we get more photo's too. Who is Archduchess Marie-Christine is it a Belgium Cousin or something?
Her Mother Marie-Astrid is the Oldest sister of Guillaume's father Henry.
The family lives in belgium.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Nobility

I had read a article in www.kraizbierg.lu and at setember would be the gala dinner (Gala de bienfaisance) of the fundation...Anyone know about that? If Guillaume was there???... becose normaly he goes...
Old 09-21-2008, 02:18 AM
Commoner

Yer, its quite good that the Luxembourg Royal don't get annoyed by the press, like some of the other Royals do.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Aristocracy

To a certain point they have to expect it- But I have to wonder if some of the more pursued royals suddenly got ignored by the press would they be insulted or happy? I have to think a few of them would be both- insulted by the lack of attention but pleased by more freedom?

It's interesting the balance the RF of Luxembourg have found with the media. They seem to have found a much easier balance than some of the other families we hear/read about. It makes me wonder how hard it is for them on a daily basis to achieve and what exactly it is that they do to keep it this way- and what choices they make to achieve it?
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Commoner

Yer thats great. I wonder what Guillaume would of like as an occupation if he was not going to be Grand Duke one day as I think he is just doing the Politics courses as it what his future will later turn out to be.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
To a certain point they have to expect it- But I have to wonder if some of the more pursued royals suddenly got ignored by the press would they be insulted or happy? I have to think a few of them would be both- insulted by the lack of attention but pleased by more freedom?

It's interesting the balance the RF of Luxembourg have found with the media. They seem to have found a much easier balance than some of the other families we hear/read about. It makes me wonder how hard it is for them on a daily basis to achieve and what exactly it is that they do to keep it this way- and what choices they make to achieve it?
I've wondered about this too and can only guess. Are there censors like in China, lurking in the background somewhere? On the surface it appears the royals in Luxembourg are too sane to be of interest or pick on - they just don't act crazy or get drunk and pull very ugly faces in public which photographers love. Perhaps their journalists are sane. I don't want to go off on a tangent but have to say just how sorry I feel for the British royals. I am of the firm belief that a great many UK based journalists have personality disorders.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

I think at least some of what the British royals suffer through though is brought on by themselves. If you create a show people will want to watch. Prince Charles and Princess Diana's marriage (or the aftermath as well,) or even the Princes' drinking in public... That's the kind of stuff the media can play off of for a very long time.

I think the most of a fiasco that the Luxembourg Royals have had was Prince Louis' first son and his following wedding and even then it didn't seem to get much press because the Luxembourg RF handled it IMO very well and very matter-of-fact. (Also the fact that so many couples are living together and having children before marriage probably helped there as well.) It just showed they are real human beings and not automatons.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-26-2008, 04:37 AM
Aristocracy

To be honest, Britain's royal family always held the spotlight more than the other monarchies. Also, not many people know of Luxembourg's existence! This was similar to Monaco's situation before Grace Kelly of course. So it just seems that the media has no interest really.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaiya View Post
To be honest, Britain's royal family always held the spotlight more than the other monarchies. Also, not many people know of Luxembourg's existence! This was similar to Monaco's situation before Grace Kelly of course. So it just seems that the media has no interest really.
I think the fact that it is a small, little-known country works in their favor quite a bit. Britain is just as small however they have had a large place in history-such as with the United States, etc. I think they might also encourage that a bit with the ways they deal with things- they don't seem to go out of their way to be in the press for instance. The only times you see them in the spotlight is when they are doing some PR event.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Gentry

A few months back (I can't remember if it was me). Someone posted that Guillaume would be in New York next week, for some party at the Lux chamber of commerce. So I was wondering if there were any New Yorkers here and if you're gonna go take a peek.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Nobility

According to the LACC websight he is suposed to be in New York for the 2008 Luxembourg-American business award and a gala dinner.

Luxembourg American Chamber of Commerce
Old 10-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

Yesterday, he attend the opening of the Autumm-foire at Kirchberg LuxExpo.
pictures at;
www.manueldias.com
événements Luxembourgeois.

Also new pictures of Alexandra a
la famille Grand-Ducale date; 2008-10-6
Old 10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Please save this thread for the Current Events of Hereditairy Grand Duke Guillaume. If you want to discuss his looks please do NOT do that in this thread. You might want to open a social group and discuss it all you like there. Further remarks about his (latino) looks will be deleted.

The social groups can be found here. Feel free to create one for Guillaume.

Luxembourg Moderating Team
Old 10-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Nobility

New Guillaume News!
Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Cérémonie d'ouverture de la 93ème Foire Internationale de Luxembourg
Old 10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamboQueen View Post
A few months back (I can't remember if it was me). Someone posted that Guillaume would be in New York next week, for some party at the Lux chamber of commerce. So I was wondering if there were any New Yorkers here and if you're gonna go take a peek.
I am a New Yorker and I hadn't planned on going. Going just to see him would be a little too much like stalking IMO.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Nobility

Hi! Can someone named any Guillaume's girlfriends? And has he dating with anyone now?

Tags
hereditary grand duke guillaume, news