The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 04:12 AM
Commoner

He looks amazing in that picture! He's becoming so much more handsome as he gets older

Old 08-20-2007, 07:07 PM

Question I'm new

I have a question: does the HGD contact people who write to him?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Nobility

Good question. I don't know for sure if he does, but I heard that when someone wrote to Alexandra they got a response from her representative on her behalf. I encourage you to write to him anyway though, but I wouldn't expect a self typed response from Guillaume.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Aristocracy

"He looks amazing in that picture! He's becoming so much more handsome as he gets older"

Yes, but the beard came back in the Picture of the Month (Norway). :-(

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post654365
Old 08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlusBelle View Post
"He looks amazing in that picture! He's becoming so much more handsome as he gets older"

Yes, but the beard came back in the Picture of the Month (Norway). :-(

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post654365
I think the beard has left the building. He shaved it off.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Gentry

vh1-a us music channel did a show about young royalty. Guillaume was mentioned, primarily for the amount of money he will inherit. THey also mentioned that he took his duties very seriously and was very handsome. I was suprised that he was shown because the Lux royals aren't very well known in the us.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Nobility

I saw that too! True the Luxembourg royals aren't known in the US yet but this is a step. I remember an issue of Vanity Fair mentioning him. At least this time the people talking about him managed to use the right images...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Courtier

he and felix got a bit of a mention on the WE network's show young sexy and royal 2 a couple of years back. nothing new though.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:30 AM

is HGD religous? If so how into religion is he?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Aristocracy

Heard that he needs to marry Catholic or else he will out of the throne just like William... others...not sure, but his brother has a child out wedlock, so might they are moderate...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Can't his wife convert?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Most likely, if he wants to marry someone who is unsuitable, religion wise, she will be asked to convert. I am not completely up to date with the marriage laws for the GD family, however, if they are like those in Britian, then either she converts, or he has to choose between her and the throne.

Furthermore - It is very unusual for an heir to marry someone who does not at least outwardly practice the religion of the royal family that they are marrying in to.

The only example that I can pull from mind is that of Willem Alexander and Maxima. She has not converted from her birth religion of Roman Catholicism, but she practices the religion (protestant) of the Oranje family.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

We will se the HGD tonight, 40th birthdayparty of the Prince of Orange.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Gentry

there are two new photos of guillaume from the birthday party of Crown Prince WA
luxembourgroyals.web-log.nl: Erfprins Guillaume
Old 09-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

He looks great, he looks much slimmer.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Gentry

http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?...7375_562lo.jpg

can someone tell my is guillaume is crying in this photo? Ans, if he is can someone possibly tell me why?
Old 09-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanelWindsor View Post
http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?...7375_562lo.jpg

can someone tell my is guillaume is crying in this photo? Ans, if he is can someone possibly tell me why?
I don't think he's crying. Those pictures are from 2005's National Day and if I remember correctly, in the rest of the photos his face was kind of splotchy and broken out. It looked like he had some allergy problems that day. Probably his eyes were just tearing up.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Gentry

OOh well that makes since. Thank you very much. I didn't even think about looking at the other pictures Thank you!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Le Grand-Duc héritier au dîner de gala de la Fondation Kräizbierg
Old 09-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Thank you for the link, Tina! I found quite a few more pictures of this event at Manuel Dias' site here.

This picture is interesting, as it shows Guillaume wears a ring on his right hand. Intriguing! Wonder what it could mean?

ETA: Here is a bit bigger picture, wow, that ring really catches the light! I can't tell if it's plain silver or if it has some kind of gem in it due to the contrast.

At least he shaved!

Tags
hereditary grand duke guillaume, news