HGD Guillaume, Current Events 10: November 2008 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Oh that's nice he was in the United States :) Was that the party where one of the posters met him and had a bad experience? I think I remember hearing something about that.

^ Yes. I believe that was it. It's a few pages back I think.

^ He had an event in New York a little over a month ago. I only saw one picture from the event. He is not hiding from you :lol:

I know, I was a guest at the event.

HRHAmy said:
I know I just googled him though and there is no new news :( Was the last event National Day?

His last event was just a few days ago at the Global China Business Meeting in Luxembourg. He was also in Sweden recently.

Henri is in Czech tomorrow. Maybe Guillaume willa accompany him.

I know, I was a guest at the event.

I was responding to HRHAmy's question on Guillaume's last event that I knew of.

But I am very jealous that you got to go to the event and saw him in person. Bummer that you had a bad experience. Maybe you'll get another chance and have a better experience in the future.

Oh, Lalla Meriem you were the poster who had a bad expirience with Guillaume? I am sorry to hear that, was it something he said or did? He always looks so happy in pictures and events I wouldn't imagine him to be that way. I hope the event in New York was enjoyable otherwise.

I wondered if they brought their daughters along in the hopes that Guillaume would notice them.

That would be a good reason for him to see a woman (I'm assuming you're a woman?) and want to avoid people.

I understand you're realistic- I just have noticed in the past that there are a lot of people who have unrealistic expectations of celebrities and/or royalty- and that's not fair for them.

That would be a good reason for him to see a woman (I'm assuming you're a woman?) and want to avoid people.

Yup, I'm a woman.

I really hadn't thought of that possibility. Maybe he is uncomfortable with all of the female attention he must attract. :ermm:

Yay! There's new news on Guillaume. I can't read French but it's nice to get a picture :)

Yup, I'm a woman.

I really hadn't thought of that possibility. Maybe he is uncomfortable with all of the female attention he must attract. :ermm:

I know I would be. Even if he wasn't it has to be awkward dealing with someone who is convinced that they are or their daughter is the perfect match for you- he's not going to say yes- so how do you let them down without encouraging them?

I can't say I would really know what to do in that situation and still avoid a long, embarrassing, awkward conversation with a stranger.:ermm:

I have to say, I think Guillaume is looking better than ever!

I think he looks for manly with the beard.

I like the beard too. He looks great when he wears the military uniform.

Lall Meriem, I'm curious: when you met Guillaume at the Commerce event, was he introduced by Guillaume or by William or a shortened version of his name?

Why would he be introduced as William when his name is Guillaume?
I know it's the Anglo-version of Guillaume but you don't introduce a
James as Jacques in France although it's the Francophone-version

^^^ I think that's not done anymore, but it used to be common in the past. I have an old book on Habsburg history and all the emperors are given with their Anglicised names. It's a silly practice, if you ask me, and it makes reading historical documents more complicated.

Last edited:
He was introduced as Guillaume. His name is not William, Willem, Wilhelm or any other linguistic version. Luxembourg has 3 national languages if his parents had wanted him to be known as any other variant they could have named him such.

He was introduced to the room as His Royal Highness The Crown Prince of Luxembourg. The government of Luxembourg always lists Guillaume as Crown Prince in English speaking countries. Even letters from Guillaume's office written in English refer to him as HRH The Crown Prince not as HGD. He was listed in the program as HRH Crown Prince Guillaume. When people spoke about him they referred to him just by his name or as 'the prince.' When I was introduced to Guillaume the person just said 'this is Guillaume.' I was surprised that people were so familiar when talking to him. He was rarely greeted or addressed as Sir or Your Royal Highness. Everyone just called him Guillaume. I even saw one businessman yell "hey Guillaume" at him to get his attention.

When I was introduced to Guillaume the person just said 'this is Guillaume.' I was surprised that people were so familiar when talking to him. He was rarely greeted or addressed as Sir or Your Royal Highness. Everyone just called him Guillaume. I even saw one businessman yell "hey Guillaume" at him to get his attention.

Good grief. :eek: Wasn't it the ADC who introduced you? I guess they didn't really stand on protocol, huh. Long dead are the days when people curtsied to royalty.

He looked very handsome as always.

I think he's kind of chubby like his mom the Grand Duchess. He's handsome though.

Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg during the opening ceremony of the World Future Energy Summit (WFES) 2011 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. January 17, 2011

PPE Agency

I would love to hear Guillaume give a speech.... Does anyone have any videos of summits or conferences where he's given a speech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom