Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

1 million visitors at the Luxembourg Pavillion at the World-expo in Shanghai

wort.lu | Lëtzebuerg | Münze und Wein für Herr Ding und Frau Mao

RTL.lu - Kultur News - Lëtzebuerger Pavillon: De Milliounste Visiteur geéiert

Old 06-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

A few pictures at the official Luxembourg websites.

http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_pre...cke/index.html

http://www.monarchie.lu/fr/Galerie/E...ghai/index.php

Old 06-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Nobility

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - 10ème anniversaire du réseau 1,2,3,GO d’experts et d’entrepreneurs de la Grande Région
Old 06-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Commoner

Does the family release a schedule of Guillaume's activities beforehand?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

2-7-2010

50 YEARS L.S.G.

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - 50ème anniversaire d’Letzebuerger Saatbaugenossenschaft
Old 09-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Commoner

Wink

For the american fans: Luxembourg American Chamber of Commerce
Old 09-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I like the second pic too.
Looks like he's gaining weight.
It's just the beard. Everytime he's had one it made his face look rounder than it actually is.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

I wish he would shave and show his lovely face.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

He'll more than likely shave it when summer starts to swing back around. For some reason a lot of men prefer to build up an insolating beard during the fall in preperation for winter.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Commoner

Agent Anna The Man Hunter: London flatmate reveals how she and Russian spy used sex to prey on a string of oligarchs | Mail Online
Old 09-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Aristocracy

saw it few months ago on TV
nothing to worry about-G meets a lot of new people (I believe picture was taken back in 2007) if there was any kind of relationships (friendship, romance etc) we would already know about it! as I said he meets a lot of new people everyday, we see him on pictures with different type of people-do we really have to try find anything bad about it? papers with Anna on covers sells and we know those tabloids are really not the most reliable source
Old 09-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Just keep in mind that every-time Guillaume attends an event everyone wants to come and have their picture taken with him! I assure you that Anna never made it into Guillaume's inner circle or became his personal friend. She's not even attractive (IMHO) or Guillaume's type.

You don't need to be a spy to want to be near Guillaume. If you were at an event with him wouldn't you want to have your picture taken with him?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

23-9-2010 Esch-Belval

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Clbration du centenaire de Siemens Luxembourg
Old 09-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Just shows how cunning she was in some ways - I mean I don't think many people, in general, would know who Guillaume is. He doesn't have the same notoriety as a Prince William or even the Casiraghi's.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Just shows how cunning she was in some ways - I mean I don't think many people, in general, would know who Guillaume is. He doesn't have the same notoriety as a Prince William or even the Casiraghi's.
It shows that she's cunning because she had her picture taken with Guillaume at a party where everyone knew who he was? I disagree. Everyone there knew who Guillaume was and that he was invited was part of the advertising for the party. She's surely not cunning if she somehow missed knowing that he was the HGD of Luxembourg given everything that the party planners did to milk his presence. It is also my understanding that she was involved with the War and Peace Ball at an administrative level and wouldn't have missed knowing the details of the guest list.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

She knew who he was as I'm sure everyone else at the party knew who he was. Prince Guillaume wouldn't be known on sight to the average American but would be more known to individuals who live in Europe.

She had her picture taken with him. That doesn't really mean anything. Anyone who attended that party probably wanted to have their picture taken with him as well. If she wasn't in the news, the press wouldn't have published it.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
She knew who he was as I'm sure everyone else at the party knew who he was. Prince Guillaume wouldn't be known on sight to the average American but would be more known to individuals who live in Europe.
I'm not totally sold on that, but I do agree that I'm sure he was one of the main attractions at this party for (what looks to be) a very social climbing crowd - even going by the guy sitting next to him who claims to be "Russian Royalty."
Old 09-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Courtier

In the Benelux region I think Guillaume is moderately recognizable. I doubt the London society would find him so easy to know. The sorts of people that attend these parties are probably just as well versed in the "who's who" of royalty as we are.

In Luxembourg and the border region I think the HGD would be known on sight. A man on the street in Paris, London or Madrid probably wouldn't recognize Guillaume but anyone attending a party like this is "socially aware." They'd probably spot Guillaume across the room as easily as I would....like I said it was well known that Guillaume was present and when he arrived it was probably a big deal. In addition he was seated a the table of honor. If these girls didn't know who he was after all the fuss then Anna wasn't a very good spy.

Quote:
even going by the guy sitting next to him who claims to be "Russian Royalty.
Some people may find George's status as Grand Duke of Russia to be dubious given the dynastic disputes in the Romanov family. However, that George is royal is indisputable. His father is a Prussian Prince. George would at the very least be credited as His Royal Highness Prince George of Prussia. He doesn't use this title but it is his to wear. It is quite a sticking point between George and his father that he prefers the dubious title HIH Grand Duke of Russia. I would point out that many people are supporters of his mother's claim. I have no interest in current Romanov pretenders so I refrain from making a judgement myself. He also used to live in Luxembourg. It is possible that he and Guillaume are personally acquainted (not close personal friends). I suspect that George would have attempted to get to know the other royals living in Luxembourg while he was there.

I know all about German titles being names after 1919. It never fails when someone mentions a German title someone else feels the need to rehash the 1919 events. If anyone feels I may not be fully aware of that please know that I am...and spare us the routine.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 AM
Courtier

does he reside in Luxembourg or is he studying in london or someplace else?
Old 09-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
In the Benelux region I think Guillaume is moderately recognizable. I doubt the London society would find him so easy to know. The sorts of people that attend these parties are probably just as well versed in the "who's who" of royalty as we are.

In Luxembourg and the border region I think the HGD would be known on sight. A man on the street in Paris, London or Madrid probably wouldn't recognize Guillaume but anyone attending a party like this is "socially aware." They'd probably spot Guillaume across the room as easily as I would....like I said it was well known that Guillaume was present and when he arrived it was probably a big deal. In addition he was seated a the table of honor. If these girls didn't know who he was after all the fuss then Anna wasn't a very good spy.

Some people may find George's status as Grand Duke of Russia to be dubious given the dynastic disputes in the Romanov family. However, that George is royal is indisputable. His father is a Prussian Prince. George would at the very least be credited as His Royal Highness Prince George of Prussia. He doesn't use this title but it is his to wear. It is quite a sticking point between George and his father that he prefers the dubious title HIH Grand Duke of Russia. I would point out that many people are supporters of his mother's claim. I have no interest in current Romanov pretenders so I refrain from making a judgement myself. He also used to live in Luxembourg. It is possible that he and Guillaume are personally acquainted (not close personal friends). I suspect that George would have attempted to get to know the other royals living in Luxembourg while he was there.

I know all about German titles being names after 1919. It never fails when someone mentions a German title someone else feels the need to rehash the 1919 events. If anyone feels I may not be fully aware of that please know that I am...and spare us the routine.
Thanks for info! I kind of suspect Guillaume can have a semi-normal life in London and most of Europe without being spotted by randoms. I mean if he lived in America, he would literally blend with no problem.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, guillaume luxembourg, hereditary grand duke guillaume