HGD Guillaume, Current Events 10: November 2008 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote a really extensive blog entry on my experience. I don't want to write it again.

Everyone's experince with meeting a royal is diffrent... I have met 2 royals in my lifetime and I can tell you that my first didn't go so well.... Maybe next time you will get the chance to knock the socks off the royal with what you have to say

I've never actually met royalty but met someone who had noble blood in them. They were very nice and went out of their way to be nice to everyone they met. Before I met this person, I thought they might be rather formal or somewhat aloof.
I misjudged them.

I guess anyone who meets royalty has different experiences with them.

I wrote a really extensive blog entry on my experience. I don't want to write it again.

I've read it. I think it doesn't mean that G. is bad guy, maybe he was stressed, had bad day or sth. But it's not nice, not makes good impresion. I was a big fan of him, for some time but hopefully I grew up from that, but still like him a little so it's dissapointing, really.

I don't necessarily think that he is a bad guy. I know that he had only arrived in NYC late the day before and flew out to DC the following day. I am sure he was exhausted. I'm tried of making excuses for his behavior. I've been very vocal supporter of the family for a long time now. I cannot express how disappointed I am that people have to hear from me, of all people, that Guillaume isn't always nice.

I will say this, being treated like nothing by a person that you respect feels terrible.

Despite my bad experience I still feel that he is probably one of the best heirs around. Maybe I'm still too protective of the family.:ermm:

I know other people that have met Guillaume and had wonderful reviews of him. I only wish my personal experience had been better.etter.

Everyone's experince with meeting a royal is diffrent... I have met 2 royals in my lifetime and I can tell you that my first didn't go so well.... Maybe next time you will get the chance to knock the socks off the royal with what you have to say

Same with me...first was an awful, nasty and mean but I would have to say he was having a really bad day...the second was so charming he could have sweet talked the paint right off the wall! :whistling:

Same with me...first was an awful, nasty and mean but I would have to say he was having a really bad day...the second was so charming he could have sweet talked the paint right off the wall! :whistling:

which 2 royals have you met?:flowers:

I think every person has his/her bad day. Of course there are people who are every day mean and snobby. :)

nobody never said he was like that, usually we can read he's nice and smiling, that's why i do think it was just one day like that, a bad day... It's not an excuse, i understand LM can be very disappointed but i still think he's a very nice guy and he was just stressed out and busy. And i hope LM will have another opportunity to meet him and discover who he's really.

After such dissapointed I would loose motivation to the next meeting with G. but I hope Lalla Meriem doesn't stop blogging. I like this blog so much! I think it's really good and highly professional blog about royals.

^ I agree. I enjoy reading the blog soo much. There is so little information on this royal family. I love the blog. Please keep writing it :flowers:

After such dissapointed I would loose motivation to the next meeting with G. but I hope Lalla Meriem doesn't stop blogging. I like this blog so much! I think it's really good and highly professional blog about royals.

^ I agree. I enjoy reading the blog soo much. There is so little information on this royal family. I love the blog. Please keep writing it :flowers:

Yeah, I am with Grace Marie and sugarbaby318, please dont stop writing those blogs Lalla Meriem!, Those blogs are very informative for us fans of the Grand Ducal family!

Thank you for your kind comments.

I intend to get back at it and catch up on many missed articles. I needed some time to reevaluate things. I'm not sure that things will ever be as super positive as they were but I'm can't be a "Debbie Downer" forever. :ermm::flowers:

I totally lost my chance to meet a royal. I literally had heart attack two weeks before and was no condition to travel to Beijing. My dad sells bikes and through a of a friend we were invited but my ticker gave out.
I pray my experience is better than some yours because I met cry if they are rude.:sad: So what is Guillaume up to these days besides taking some pics and having a bad day?

I don't necessarily think that he is a bad guy. I know that he had only arrived in NYC late the day before and flew out to DC the following day. I am sure he was exhausted. I'm tried of making excuses for his behavior. I've been very vocal supporter of the family for a long time now. I cannot express how disappointed I am that people have to hear from me, of all people, that Guillaume isn't always nice.

I will say this, being treated like nothing by a person that you respect feels terrible.

Despite my bad experience I still feel that he is probably one of the best heirs around. Maybe I'm still too protective of the family.:ermm:

I know other people that have met Guillaume and had wonderful reviews of him. I only wish my personal experience had been better.etter.

i am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience that night..
everything has two sides, try to think of this issue the other way, you can see a more "real" Guillaume, he is a real person, we all have feelings, ups and downs, as you said, probably Guillaume was tired that day. try to forget it, and move on...
hope you will continue to support the family, and our prince Guillaume.
and i really love reading your blog, you really did a good job~

Last edited:
i am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience that night..
everything has two sides, try to think of this issue the other way, you can see a more "real" Guillaume, he is a real person, we all have feelings, ups and downs, as you said, probably Guillaume was tired that day. try to forget it, and move on...
hope you will continue to support the family, and our prince Guillaume.
and i really love reading your blog, you really did a good job~

It is a good reminder that they ARE people- not a walking, talking fairy tale come to life. I think sometimes people forget that when they are dreaming about what "could be."

There are a lot of girls who dream of being a princess; royals like Guillaume and his brothers give that dream a more "real life" aspect but there's also always the "it will never happen" aspect that allows them to be idealized more. The problem with that is that no one can ever live up to an ideal- they will always fall short.

It is a good reminder that they ARE people- not a walking, talking fairy tale come to life. I think sometimes people forget that when they are dreaming about what "could be."

There are a lot of girls who dream of being a princess; royals like Guillaume and his brothers give that dream a more "real life" aspect but there's also always the "it will never happen" aspect that allows them to be idealized more. The problem with that is that no one can ever live up to an ideal- they will always fall short.

I'm a realistic person. I assume that all royals are normal people. Some of them are actually getting too common/normal. It is actually the normalcy of the Lux family that attracts me to them not any fairytale idea. It is a good reminder that even royals get tired and have bad days/moods.

A lot of business people brought their young daughters (this always happens at this event). When I was there and when I looked at pictures of past events, I wondered if they brought their daughters along in the hopes that Guillaume would notice them.

^ That's a good theory. They probably do bring their daughters for that. Wonder if he noticed any?

^ That's a good theory. They probably do bring their daughters for that. Wonder if he noticed any?

I'm certain that he did. :ermm::sad: He's a regular guy. He notices beautiful women just like every other straight guy in the world. Who knows if anything would ever come of it though.

Last edited:
I'm sure that royals are aware of this (people bringing their daughters to met HGD Guillaume) at various social events. This is hardly something new. People have done this since the beginning of time (bringing their daughter or sister to an event in hopes that the Prince or male royal will take notice of them).

I'm sure that royals are aware of this (people bringing their daughters to met HGD Guillaume) at various social events. This is hardly something new. People have done this since the beginning of time (bringing their daughter or sister to an event in hopes that the Prince or male royal will take notice of them).

I can't say that I see too many business people (women brought their daughters, too) accompanied by their young single daughters to other events that Guillaume lends his patronage to. Usually it is just social events that this sort of thing occurs at. I don't consider the business award a social event despite the gala atmosphere. It was more of an award ceremony with cocktails and networking.

Maybe I am getting to the party a little late but what is Guillaume up to now? I heard he was studying in France. Is that over? What is his direction now?

He completed his degree. He appears to be working in his role as HGD.

Political science, humanities and philosophy.

He completed his degree around a year ago. He has preformed about 100 engagements since then. He's not hiding from us. ;)

I know I just googled him though and there is no new news :( Was the last event National Day?

^ He had an event in New York a little over a month ago. I only saw one picture from the event. He is not hiding from you :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom