HGD Guillaume, Current Events 10: November 2008 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please translate the two Belgian interviews.

Please...PLEASE translate the two interviews. Someone, anyone.

I don't understand French well, I can pick up a word or sentence here and there, so I have a question about Prince Guillamue's 30th birthday interview on Youtube: can someone correct me, did the interviewer ask him about a fiancee and did he reply that he has an anonymous Belgian girlfriend? If so, is there any speculation from anyone about whom this woman might be?

Last edited:
Thank you. Interesting how the ties between Belgium and Luxembourg continue. His grandmother Charlotte was Belgian and now his girlfriend is Belgian. If its that Belgian countess that Point de Vue is speculating, she has quite the pedigree! He's done really nice.

Last edited:

Prince Guillaume together with Queen Paola and Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium attended a gala
concert by the soloists of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel and the Luxembourg Philharmonic
Orchestra at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels, January 17, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery ** gettyimages ** isopix gallery **

^^ I didn't know royals attended such events. Isn't it too political? Aren't royals supposed to stay away from politics?

He is currently in Brussels for a traineeship of 3 weeks at the EU. He will return back to Luxemburg in the beginning of February.

^^ Oh, I see. He's there just to see how things work not exactly to participate actively in the meeting, right?

I thought this meeting was more about promoting business and commerce among the European countries rather than politics.

He is doing most of his internship with Viviane Reding, a member of the European Commission from Luxembourg, she is responsible for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, but he will also spend time with other commissioners. The third week the Hereditary Grand Duke will spend with the permanent representation of Luxembourg to the EU.

Yesterday he accompanied Jean Asselborn, the minister for Foreign Affairs, to a meeting. It was a meeting of the Foreign Affairs Council where all 27 foreign ministers of the members meet to deal with the EU's external actions, this time it was about Iran (oil embargo), Syria and Egypt.

I was just reading one of the blogs about Prince Guillaume's 30th birthday, can anyone please translate the radio interview?.

Thank you

Prince Guillaume attended the "Economy Days 2012" on February 8 and 9, 2012 in Luxembourg
- it's a conference that focusses on the business prospects of Luxembourg and its neighbouring
regions.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** translated article **

Prince Guillaume together with Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz of Belgium attended a concert to
mark the 100th anniversary of the Belgian-Luxembourg Royal Union at the Conservatoire de la Ville
de Luxembourg on May 31.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** monarchie.lu gallery **

This sounds like it would have been a perfect occasion for the HGD's Belgian fiancee to put in an appearance, no? :ermm:

Thanks for the photos.:)

24-03-2014

Monarchie:

Mission économique au Canada et aux Etats-Unis d’Amérique

Canada et Etats-Unis d’Amérique
Son Altesse Royale le Grand-Duc Héritier accompagnée du Vice-Premier ministre, ministre de l’Economie, Etienne Schneider se rendent au Canada et aux Etats-Unis pour des réunions de travail avec les dirigeants des grands groupes industriels américains qui sont également établis au Grand-Duché de Luxembourg. Les objectifs principaux de cette mission sont le renforcement des relations économiques et commerciales avec ces dirigeants. La délégation se rendra à Bolton (Ontario) au Canada et aux Etats-Unis dans les Etats du Michigan, de l’Ohio et du Delaware ainsi qu’à New-York et dans le New-Jersey.

WORT:

Prince Guillaume and Economy Minister visit US and Canadian industrialists

Wort.lu - Prince Guillaume and Economy Minister visit US and Canadian industrialists

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom