HGD Guillaume, Current Events 1 to 8: January 2003 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps he finished his university course or whatever he was studying...hey did Felix ever go to Sandhurst as well? I can't recall if he did...and one more thing how do you pronouce Guillaume??? i heard it was like the French version of 'William' but do you pronouce it like 'William'???

Last edited by a moderator:
felix went to sandhurst and left caz of a knee injury

will-e-am
thats how its pronounced

bad_barbarella said:
will-e-am thats how its pronounced
Wow...I've always pronouced Guillaume as...this is going to sound stupid but it was due to my ignorance... guy-lorm??? Don't asked me where i got that from i was saying how it was spelt hehehe...wow so its just exactly pronouced liek William?

Last edited:
That's wierd, I thought it was pronounced so that the 'll' sounds like an 'ee' sound kind of. Gee-yom, or something similar. I thought with the way the word "guillotine" is sometimes pronounced, you know, not guillotine but gee-otine. God - does anyone here speak French?

Guillaume is a French name so I think this is how you pronounce it. You can click on the name and it says it for you.

http://french.about.com/library/travel/bl-fr-names-m.htm

After 2 years of french, I can speak it all right and they do pronounce ll as a y noise - like in spanish. So Guillaume would be like gui-o-tine.

What a handy site that is. Well, that's kind of how I thought it sounds but I can't pronounce it very well, I'm sure.

hillary_nugent said:
Wow...I've always pronouced Guillaume as...this is going to sound stupid but it was dur to omy ignorance... guy-lorm??? Don't asked me where i got that from i was saying how it was spelt hehehe...wow so its just exactly pronouced liek William?
hahaha NO NO NO... i thought u didnt know how to pronounce william haha i dont know bout guillaume hahahaha

Guillaume is pronounced "Gee-yohm" with a hard, not a soft G [a g as in glow, for example].
Lollies!
-Kara-

I know someone who almost majored in French. She said that the a in his name was pronounced as a hard a. But she speaks weirdly in English so I'm not sure if she is right.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I know someone who almost majored in French. She said that the a in his name was pronounced as a hard a. But she speaks weirdly in English so I'm not sure if she is right.
I've never heard of a hard 'a'.....?_?

Anyway, that's how my French teacher always said it. She might be wrong. But then again, pronunciation varies from place to place....
Lollies!
-Kara-

bad_barbarella said:
hahaha NO NO NO... i thought u didnt know how to pronounce william haha i dont know bout guillaume hahahaha
hahahaha...i kind of suspected this but i wasn't sure hahahaha...and then out myself in a state of distress wondering how guillaume sounded exactly like William and why he just wasn't named William then hahaha...but all is well now thanks for everyone for clarifying it ^___^

Princes shouldn't have long hair. Short and sensible is the only way, I believe. "A haircut you can set your watch to," as they say. They wouldn't allow long hair like that at Sandhurst, I'm sure!

I was wondering, I think I read somewhere that after Guillaume graduated from Sandhurst, he was sworn in as a Lieutenant into the Luxembourg army. Has he been promoted since then? (You've got to love a man in uniform with lots of medals!!) Heheheheheh! Do you think any of us could get commissioned into the Luxembourg army? I think I'd like to be a Field Marshal because it sounds impressive. Or I'd be an Admiral of the Fleet if it wasn't a landlocked country... maybe I could keep a small flotilla on the Alzette.

He hasn't been promoted yet, but he will be when he gets older. The military works on seniority.

Wow barbarella, my family would never agree with yours!

Hi everybody !!!

Hi everybody, it's been a while, sorry.
Too many things to do !!!
And I'm pregnant, the baby comes in 3 months, so... all theses things that you imagine.
I have not seen Guillaume for a long time, but he was quite nice to often phone me and speak with me during my pregnancy. I'm so happy being still a friend of him....many years after the Conservatoire !!!
So, must leave you,
See you soon,
If any questions, just ask...I'll try to help you. BUt I saw we have a Belvaux resident... So, how is it in BIELES ? I leave in Hobscheid, dear friend !!!
Audrey

Yes, what does life as a royal entail? I suppose one would have to have a title; one would have to know how to wave with dignity; one would have to live in a big house with servants; and one would have to use the word "one" a lot.

KatieLouise said:
Yes, what does life as a royal entail? I suppose one would have to have a title; one would have to know how to wave with dignity; one would have to live in a big house with servants; and one would have to use the word "one" a lot.
All those things and showing up for royal events, showing up for other various events, getting photographed, going on amazing vacations, and having bodyguards around all the time.

hehe i would be so like a walking show....

Guillaume......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ummmm well wonder what hes doing now hehehe

bad_barbarella said:
Guillaume......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ummmm well wonder what hes doing now hehehe
He's definitely in hiding >___< maybe dating Pia was so traumatic that he need rehabiliation hehehehe...i wonder if he is in Luxembourg or England at the moment? hm...where is he???! O__O

i know god what was he thinking lol he must be in rehab... i guess hes single... so whos going to be the tempterous to keep him company???? thank god paris wouldnt know this country exists

He is in England b/c if he were in Luxembourg, he would have showed up for the same events that the rest of his family has gone to.

so true caz felix is everywhere its like wheres wally with him... and he kinda looks like wally too haha...

england... wanted to get into a different country from pia

i just have to mention over the last few years hes been growing more handsome... hes actually getting spunky :p

time for some photos as i did in the carl philip thread

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00075802.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075802.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 314
  • pre-SEEGER00004278.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00004278.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 279
  • pre-SEEGER00075803.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075803.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 353
  • pre-SEEGER00075804.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075804.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 354
  • pre-SEEGER00075805.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075805.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 363
  • pre-SEEGER00075806.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075806.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 323
  • pre-SEEGER00075807.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075807.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 329
  • pre-SEEGER00075809.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075809.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 333
  • pre-SEEGER00075810.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075810.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 300
  • pre-SEEGER00075811.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075811.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 259
and a few more

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00075812.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075812.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 256
  • pre-SEEGER00075816.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075816.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 259
  • pre-SEEGER00075817.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00075817.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 267
  • pre-SEEGER00122502.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00122502.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 406
  • pre-SEEGER00119602.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00119602.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 544
  • pre-SEEGER00117461.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00117461.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 343
hey thanks for the pictures Josefine ^___^ its always nice to look back at past pics ^__^

thanks for pics Josefine:)

Are these pictures from the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst?

Here is a link to this Military Academy: http://www.atra.mod.uk/atra/rmas/

And here is a picture of the Royal Military Academy of Sandhurst:
RMA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom