The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiress Victoria
maby because he has started to participate more in the public life thete in luxembourg .. he respresents/companies his parents a lot more in official engagements and he even goes with them in state visits.. that obviously keeps him apart from university life .. and even more if he is/was studying in england (far away from lux)...
You do have a point. I know some colleges have summer courses he could possibly be doing that. That way he can attend more public events during the winter and spring.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Commoner

hi people! how r u doing? I have a question for you ... i know guillaume's future wife will be "hereditary grand duchess", but can she be called as "princess" instead, can she choose her title?

Old 09-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by priscilla_kor
hi people! how r u doing? I have a question for you ... i know guillaume's future wife will be "hereditary grand duchess", but can she be called as "princess" instead, can she choose her title?
No, she won't have a choice, as far as her titles go...she'll take Guillaume's titles.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

Lightbulb

Yeah, not much of a choice on that one.
As for his studies, he might have wanted to do something to mix things up and study art or something? He obviously took a break so he needed it mixed up a bit
Old 09-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Nobility

I think that Guillaume needs a time to relax.... I think that he prefers to enter himself more in the subjects of State and later he will already have time to culminate his studies…. There are times in which one needs time to relax of the study… and if it is for a reason like the one of him…
Old 09-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretoriana18
I think that Guillaume needs a time to relax.... I think that he prefers to enter himself more in the subjects of State and later he will already have time to culminate his studies…. There are times in which one needs time to relax of the study… and if it is for a reason like the one of him…
Speaking of Guillaume, I saw him on RTL, leaving the wedding, and thought that boy, this lad has finally arrived. Not everyone is born with easy, relaxed charm, but he seems to have found it finally. Within the last months, he has lost the extra weight he had, the beard, and has started to look like a proper grown-up Promising. Very promising.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Courtier

What wedding lisamaria? I didn't see anything.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae
What wedding lisamaria? I didn't see anything.
Prince Louis and Tessy's wedding.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Nobility

you are right Lisamaria… I agree with you… he´s looks much better.... and he is beautiful!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Aristocracy

It does look like he's been spending more time on his physical appearance. Almost like he had a revolutionary summer vacation.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Commoner

Sooo cuute! ... hi people! how r u?? i got another question: wich are guillaume's titles apart from "HGD"?
Old 10-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by priscilla_kor
wich are guillaume's titles apart from "HGD"?
Prince of Nassau and Parma
Old 10-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Courtier

http://www.geocities.com/henrivanoen...uxembourg.html wrote:

HRH Prince Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie of Luxembourg, Prince of Bourbon-Parma
(Since July 28th, 1986:) HRH Prince Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie Nassau of Luxembourg
(Since October 7th, 2000:) HRH Hereditary Prince Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie Nassau of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau
(Since December 18th, 2000:) HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie Nassau of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau, Prince of Bourbon-Parma
* Maternité Grande Duchesse Charlotte, Luxembourg, November 11th, 1981
Hereditary Prince of Luxembourg, October 7th, 2000; created Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau, Prince of Bourbon-Parma, December 18th, 2000
Old 11-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretoriana18
some fhotos that I don´t looked here...
www.kraizbierg.com

Did you mean http://www.kraizbierg.lu/? That site had a few images on it.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Nobility

yes Grim_Lady this is the site...i had seen much fothos there...it´s
http://www.kraizbierg.lu/ I´m sure... when he was visit the fundatiosn in setember 21 _archivies et photos_10 joërBWG...but I can´t pic the fhotos here...sorry...He looks so beautiful!!! Look it in the site...luck!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:16 AM
Courtier

http://www.wort.lu/articles/5766165.html

this article says, that Guillaume continues his education in Switzerland
Old 11-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Courtier

babelfish tried to help with the translation, it's not very good:

Prince Guillaume becomes 25
Round birthday for the hereditary Grand Duke

The Jubiliaeen and ceremonies at the grandducal yard tear not off. This time it is prince Guillaume, oldest son of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, who celebrates on Saturday, 11 November his 25. birthday. Prince Guillaume is the firstborn among five brothers and sisters and may since December 2000 hereditary Grand Duke call himself. Prince Guillaume participates ever more frequent in official causes.

Straight one times a quarter century old, can look back prince Guillaume on moved practical training years: After the primary school in Luxembourg he put down his Abitur in the "Collège Alpin International Beausoleil" in Switzerland. Afterwards one year's military training followed to the royal Militraerakademie of Sandhurst in Great Britain as well as in the year 2002 the swearing-in in to the captain of the Luxemburger army. After a politics policy at the universities of Durham and Brunell (London) he continues at present his education in Switzerland.

Since his appointment as the hereditary Grand Duke in the year 2000 prince Guillaume, who engages himself socially among other things with the "Fondation Kraeizbierg" for handicapped children, is ever more frequent with official causes thereby. As a honorary chairman "of the OF Economic Developemnet" he journeys led board to South Korea, Italy, Russia, Canada and into the USA. In September 2005 he accompanied his parents in this function with the Staatsvisite in the Slowakei and as a participant to the "Millenium Conference" of the United Nations in New York. Since 24 June 2005 prince Guillaume is member of the Luxemburger of Council of State.

Privately the prince loves classical and modern music, plays piano and Percussion. He likes the concert hall as well as the reading of biographies and historical novels. On sporty side are football, tennis, ski, swimming and water haven the favorites. For the Luxemburger cycle racing federation, the center of the youth hostels and the youth harmony orchestra of the European union he functions as a protector.

The congratulations on 25. Birthday of hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume would like to follow the editorship of wort.lu.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Wort.lu has a very nice article [in German] about the Hereditary Grand Duke's birthday, which can be found here. It basically talks about his involvement with the Kraizbierg Foundation and his hobbies. It also says that, after studying at the Universities of Durham and Brunel, he is continuing his education in Switzerland [it makes no mention of which school, though].
Brunel University is in London, so that must have been where he was studying economics.

I think it also says that he plays the piano and the drums, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Gentry

http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_pre...usa/index.html
Old 11-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Well girls...
... ....
.. finaly photo!!!:
http://luxembourgroyals.web-log.nl/l...ume_in_am.html
Ok, I will have week of childish happines for this

Closed Thread

Tags