The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Does place royal even have a set schedule?
Not really it kinda varies but there usually are about two post in a month.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
Prince William is left and I feel sorry for him because I don't think he is prepared for his future role at all.
But he has alot of time since he has his father before him. Guillaume doesn't have that.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
But he has alot of time since he has his father before him. Guillaume doesn't have that.
How is this so? Charles will have a relatively short reign since his mother, the Queen will never abdicate and will live a fairly long life if her mother, the Queen Mum is any indication.

In Luxembourg there is a precedence of abdication (Jean abdicated in favour of Henri, and Henri could possibly abdicate in a few decades in favour of Guillaume), so even though Henri is ruling before Charles, he could stop ruling before he dies, which Charles is unlikely to do.

I think both Guillaume and William will have roughly the same amount of experience when they each take to their respective thrones. William will probably have more experience since Great Britain has more international ties, even if Guillaume has taken on his hereditary grand duke duties before William has taken on official duties.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder as he is 25 years old?? Does he have to be married to be the duke?
Old 04-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
How is this so? Charles will have a relatively short reign since his mother, the Queen will never abdicate and will live a fairly long life if her mother, the Queen Mum is any indication.

In Luxembourg there is a precedence of abdication (Jean abdicated in favour of Henri, and Henri could possibly abdicate in a few decades in favour of Guillaume), so even though Henri is ruling before Charles, he could stop ruling before he dies, which Charles is unlikely to do.

I think both Guillaume and William will have roughly the same amount of experience when they each take to their respective thrones. William will probably have more experience since Great Britain has more international ties, even if Guillaume has taken on his hereditary grand duke duties before William has taken on official duties.
I think the assumption is that if Charles dies after he turns 100 then William has almost another 40 years to prepare to become King. Whereas, if Henri abdicates at 60 or 65 then Guillaume will be Grand Duke in fifteen years' time so he has less time to get experience before becoming sovereign (not less experience as Grand Duke but less time to prepare for it). Although I guess William will become Prince of Wales before he becomes king and that carries a lot of responsibility too, (though obviously not as much as being the head of state.)
Old 04-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
I don't think that's a legal requirement, but I'm pretty sure Henri will hold on until Guillaume is married and has a few children. :)
Old 04-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Aristocracy

Which website can I go to, to find Guillaume royal scheduels?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Which website can I go to, to find Guillaume royal scheduels?
The Grand Ducal family's schedules have never been publicly posted as far as I know. You might be able to find some information at the government's site, http://www.gouvernement.lu, if you know French.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Not really. If he never gets married, then he will still become the Grand Duke after his father is deceased or abdicates.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Nobility

Guillaume never haved a Girlfriend.... ? I only know of Pia HAreldsen.....but...he´s wait me jajajaja....anybody know?????
Old 04-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know why Guillaume is not attending the King of Sweden's 60th birthday celebration? Does he have to act as "regent" while his father is out of town?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
Does anyone know why Guillaume is not attending the King of Sweden's 60th birthday celebration? Does he have to act as "regent" while his father is out of town?
I don't think he has to play regent because the family's attended events together before (like the wedding of Prince Frederick for example.) Are there a lot of young people attending the King of Sweden's birthday? If so, maybe Guillaume really is at school...although this is getting to be the generic answer to every mystery :o

But also, these two posts bring up a question: how is it that Guillaume hasn't been pictured socializing with a girl in like almost a year or more? I mean, most other princes have to deny like 2-3 girlfriends a year. We never see him at parties (e.g. the King of Sweden's or even the one Alexandra attended earlier this month with her cousin and Prince Amedeo of Belgium) and we don't get any candids nor any rumours. What's with him??
Old 04-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLily
What's with him??
Well, we didn't know Louis had a girlfriend until it was announced that she was pregnant....:-)

Seriously, though, they're very, very private and I think it's a shame that we don't get to hear about them, but the media just doesn't seem to care about this family like they do other royals. Even when Louis and Tessy's impending parenthood was announced, there were maybe two or three articles at most in the tabloids about it, and that's it.
Now had that been Prince William or Harry or Andrea Casiraghi, the press would have had a field day digging through the dirt to see what they could find. We would have heard about the incident non-stop for nine full months.

....I'm using this as way of example. My guess is we don't get any rumors of Guillaume because there aren't any to speak of [hopefully].....XD
Old 05-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Aristocracy

anyone know how tall he is about?
Old 05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

He probably has some one secreted away somewhere.:)
Old 05-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

We've reached more than 10 pages, so it's time to start a new thread.

The new one can be found here.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

HGD Guillaume; News and Events 8 (May 2006 - January 2007)

Welcome to part 10 of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume's current news and events.

Please familiarise yourself with TRF Posting Rules and Guidelines before posting. Any inappropriate discussion and/or posts will be removed.

Happy posting! :)

Old 05-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Gentry

yesss new thread.. :).. does anybody know whether guillaume is going to the king of thailand's birthday celebration or not??..thanks in advanced
Old 05-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Nobility

good information!!!!

:) good information....but...when is that birthday????....hopefully he go... I hope moore informations...thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Courtier

It's not the Thai King's birthday, but rather his Diamond Jubilee celebrations. They are being held in Bangkok on the 12 and 13 of June.

Tags
current events, hereditary grand duke guillaume, news