HGD Guillaume, Current Events 1 to 8: January 2003 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry it wasn't clear for me.. is guillaume 1,64 meters or 1,74 meters? because that is a great difference.. I think he is 1,74 meters but feel free to correct me ;)

I think 1,75 m. What a pitty, we havent got more info about him! :sad:

GrandDuchess said:
It's hard to know since there isn't that much information made public. But I remember reading somewhere that he didn't manage to get the degree he was studying for at university, but I don't know if that's true.

If we should believe what the official document for the Grand Ducal family says, which aren't very informative or updated, he's still studying for a degree in political science and history at the University of Durham, England. But he's been doing that for like 4 years now, so I'd say it's about time that he gets a degree soon if he hasn't yet...

I totally agree,
aim pretty sure he should have obtained his degree by now.
I hope he hasnt failed:sad:

Well, I from what I understand, from the government website, http://www.gouvernement.lu/dossiers/famille_grand_ducale/heritier/index.html
Guillaume is currently studying at London, (LSE perhaps?)

Caption from the website:
"Actuellement, le Prince suit des cours de politique internationale à Londres."

The last time I took a peek at this page about him, the above sentence was not there, so I assume that the page is indeed update and he is currently taking International Politics classes at London.

Gaillaume accompanied Prince Edward of England around on Sunday and Monday to various engagements. Are there any photos or news articles about the events?

Mathilde1286 said:
Well, I from what I understand, from the government website, http://www.gouvernement.lu/dossiers/famille_grand_ducale/heritier/index.html
Guillaume is currently studying at London, (LSE perhaps?)

perhaps LSE. if maria laura ends up going to LSE with amadeo it wouldn't be a huge shock if guillaume ends up doing a degree at LSE along with whatever m-l and amedeo are studying.

didn't guillaume try and get a political science degree at Durham college?

he tried to get one there. apparently it didn't work out there for him, as he's at the lse doing something else.

most college students change their majors and minors all the time:rolleyes: . So he's just kind of acting like a normal college student even though he really doesn't have much choice on his majors and minors. Luckily he's back in school, which probably makes MT and Henri happy.

somebody knows wy he did not finished his studies? in what course he´s?

maby because he has started to participate more in the public life thete in luxembourg .. he respresents/companies his parents a lot more in official engagements and he even goes with them in state visits.. that obviously keeps him apart from university life .. and even more if he is/was studying in england (far away from lux)...

Heiress Victoria said:
maby because he has started to participate more in the public life thete in luxembourg .. he respresents/companies his parents a lot more in official engagements and he even goes with them in state visits.. that obviously keeps him apart from university life .. and even more if he is/was studying in england (far away from lux)...
You do have a point. I know some colleges have summer courses he could possibly be doing that. That way he can attend more public events during the winter and spring.

hi people! how r u doing? I have a question for you ... i know guillaume's future wife will be "hereditary grand duchess", but can she be called as "princess" instead, can she choose her title?

priscilla_kor said:
hi people! how r u doing? I have a question for you ... i know guillaume's future wife will be "hereditary grand duchess", but can she be called as "princess" instead, can she choose her title?

No, she won't have a choice, as far as her titles go...she'll take Guillaume's titles.

Yeah, not much of a choice on that one.
As for his studies, he might have wanted to do something to mix things up and study art or something? He obviously took a break so he needed it mixed up a bit

I think that Guillaume needs a time to relax.... I think that he prefers to enter himself more in the subjects of State and later he will already have time to culminate his studies…. There are times in which one needs time to relax of the study… and if it is for a reason like the one of him…:ermm:;)

pretoriana18 said:
I think that Guillaume needs a time to relax.... I think that he prefers to enter himself more in the subjects of State and later he will already have time to culminate his studies…. There are times in which one needs time to relax of the study… and if it is for a reason like the one of him…:ermm:;)

Speaking of Guillaume, I saw him on RTL, leaving the wedding, and thought that boy, this lad has finally arrived. Not everyone is born with easy, relaxed charm, but he seems to have found it finally. Within the last months, he has lost the extra weight he had, the beard, and has started to look like a proper grown-up :flowers: Promising. Very promising.

you are right Lisamaria… I agree with you… he´s looks much better.... and he is beautiful!

It does look like he's been spending more time on his physical appearance. Almost like he had a revolutionary summer vacation.

http://www.geocities.com/henrivanoene/genluxembourg.html wrote:

HRH Prince Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie of Luxembourg, Prince of Bourbon-Parma
(Since July 28th, 1986:) HRH Prince Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie Nassau of Luxembourg
(Since October 7th, 2000:) HRH Hereditary Prince Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie Nassau of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau
(Since December 18th, 2000:) HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie Nassau of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau, Prince of Bourbon-Parma
* Maternité Grande Duchesse Charlotte, Luxembourg, November 11th, 1981
Hereditary Prince of Luxembourg, October 7th, 2000; created Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau, Prince of Bourbon-Parma, December 18th, 2000

yes Grim_Lady this is the site...i had seen much fothos there...it´s
http://www.kraizbierg.lu/ I´m sure... when he was visit the fundatiosn in setember 21 _archivies et photos_10 joërBWG...but I can´t pic the fhotos here...sorry...He looks so beautiful!!! Look it in the site...luck!!!

babelfish tried to help with the translation, it's not very good:

Prince Guillaume becomes 25
Round birthday for the hereditary Grand Duke

The Jubiliaeen and ceremonies at the grandducal yard tear not off. This time it is prince Guillaume, oldest son of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, who celebrates on Saturday, 11 November his 25. birthday. Prince Guillaume is the firstborn among five brothers and sisters and may since December 2000 hereditary Grand Duke call himself. Prince Guillaume participates ever more frequent in official causes.

Straight one times a quarter century old, can look back prince Guillaume on moved practical training years: After the primary school in Luxembourg he put down his Abitur in the "Collège Alpin International Beausoleil" in Switzerland. Afterwards one year's military training followed to the royal Militraerakademie of Sandhurst in Great Britain as well as in the year 2002 the swearing-in in to the captain of the Luxemburger army. After a politics policy at the universities of Durham and Brunell (London) he continues at present his education in Switzerland.

Since his appointment as the hereditary Grand Duke in the year 2000 prince Guillaume, who engages himself socially among other things with the "Fondation Kraeizbierg" for handicapped children, is ever more frequent with official causes thereby. As a honorary chairman "of the OF Economic Developemnet" he journeys led board to South Korea, Italy, Russia, Canada and into the USA. In September 2005 he accompanied his parents in this function with the Staatsvisite in the Slowakei and as a participant to the "Millenium Conference" of the United Nations in New York. Since 24 June 2005 prince Guillaume is member of the Luxemburger of Council of State.

Privately the prince loves classical and modern music, plays piano and Percussion. He likes the concert hall as well as the reading of biographies and historical novels. On sporty side are football, tennis, ski, swimming and water haven the favorites. For the Luxemburger cycle racing federation, the center of the youth hostels and the youth harmony orchestra of the European union he functions as a protector.

The congratulations on 25. Birthday of hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume would like to follow the editorship of wort.lu.

Wort.lu has a very nice article [in German] about the Hereditary Grand Duke's birthday, which can be found here. It basically talks about his involvement with the Kraizbierg Foundation and his hobbies. It also says that, after studying at the Universities of Durham and Brunel, he is continuing his education in Switzerland [it makes no mention of which school, though].
Brunel University is in London, so that must have been where he was studying economics.

I think it also says that he plays the piano and the drums, if I'm not mistaken. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom