The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Aristocracy

I like how his birthday is on Armistice day. I think it's really cool. And my uncle's birthday is on the day of the Oklahoma City Murrah Building bombing. At least Guillaume has a good event to share his birthday with!:)

Old 11-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShksprNLov
I like how his birthday is on Armistice day. I think it's really cool. And my uncle's birthday is on the day of the Oklahoma City Murrah Building bombing. At least Guillaume has a good event to share his birthday with!:)
I've studied world history, and I could think of some better days to have been born. Recall WWII.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Aristocracy

November 11, Armistice Day, is the end of World War I...the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. So that is something to celebrate!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Which led to the treaty of Versailles, whih arguably led to WWII. Anyway, back to Guillaume.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:13 AM

WHat am I doing wrong? Everytime I click on a picture, only an announcement of this being the latest guillaume newsthread comes up.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

I found this on wort.lu. Can somebody translate please

Hoher Besuch bei der Cargolux
Nach dem Besuch der Cargolux Operations stand ein Rundgang im Cargo Center auf dem Programm. Letzte Aktualisierung: 16-11-2005 16:24 Erbgroßherzog Prinz Guillaume stattete am Mittwoch der Cargolux einen Besuch ab. Empfangen wurde der Erbgroßherzog von Pierre Gramegna, Präsident des Aufsichtsrats und Uli Ogiermann, CEO von Cargolux, sowie von den Verantwortlichen der Cargolux Operations, die den hohen Gast über Einzelheiten im Alltag der Organisation und der Überwachung des operativen Flugbetriebs informierten. Prinz Guillaume zeigte sich sehr beeindruckt von dem hohem technologischen Aufwand, nicht zuletzt vom Flugsimulator, den Cargolux als eine der wenigen Airlines in Europa im Bereich der Aus- und Weiterbildung seiner Piloten für den Betrieb der Boeing 747 einsetzt.
Nach dem Besuch der Cargolux Operations stand ein Rundgang im Cargo Center auf dem Programm, wo der Erbgroßherzog die Gelegenheit wahrnahm, sich vor Ort mit dem Personal über die Herausforderungen im Alltag des Fracht-Handlings zu unterhalten . Dabei konnte sich Prinz Guillaume vom reibungslosen Ablauf der einzelnen Etappen von der Auslieferung per LKW bis hin zum Beladen des Frachtflugzeugs überzeugen .
Old 11-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvamarcos
WHat am I doing wrong? Everytime I click on a picture, only an announcement of this being the latest guillaume newsthread comes up.
Are you clicking on his bday pics? B/c the thumbnails show me the pics. Or are you clicking on a thread?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasiphaé
I found this on wort.lu. Can somebody translate please
Very rough and dirty translation is that Guillaume visited the company "Cargolux" and met the president of the board and the CEO. Also, they demonstrated some of the abilities of their planes for the prince.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:23 AM

even now i am trying to click on "gaggle's" message, but it won't come up. itkeeps saying
"Welcome to the latest thread dedicated to all the latest news of Guillaume.

You can find the previous thread here

Please remember to give credit to your sources when posting articles or photos. Also, the only photos that should be attached directly to the forum are photos that have never been posted here. All other photos should be posted via an image hosting company. "
Old 11-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Nobility

:) Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume visits air freight Cargolux:)

Pics from Luxemburger Wort
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guill-2.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	214402  
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2005, 02:27 AM
Courtier

I found this picture of Guillaume today, when he visited Goodyear in Akron, Ohio from 10/17-10/21/05.

Nice picture.
Credit: This site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	214814  
Old 11-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Commoner

Hi!! I´ve got a question..i don´t know if this is the place to post it but...guillaume`s family is related to the Royal Family of Belgium..are they related to any other royal house..maybe spain..i don´t know...i wolud aprecciate if you answer thanks!:)
Old 11-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli_170291
Hi!! I´ve got a question..i don´t know if this is the place to post it but...guillaume`s family is related to the Royal Family of Belgium..are they related to any other royal house..maybe spain..i don´t know...i wolud aprecciate if you answer thanks!:)
They are indeed related to Belgium through the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, who was born a Belgian princess.
Through J-C's mother, Queen Astrid, they are related to the Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish royal families [albeit very distantly]:

Prince Carl of Sweden-----Princess Ingebjorg of Denmark
|
Princess Astrid of Sweden-----King Leopold of Belgium
|
Princess Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium-----Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg

They are related to the Norwegian royal family via Princess [later Queen] Astrid [Astrid's sister, Princess Martha, married King Olav of Norway and is the mother of the current Norwegian King Harald, so Josephine-Charlotte and Harald were first cousins].

Through Grand Duke Jean, they are related to the royal family of Bourbon de Parma, Portugal, Russia, Anhalt, Schwarzenburg, Bavaria, Thurn und Taxis, and Saxony [again, distantly]:

Grand Duke Guillaume IV of Luxembourg-----Infanta Maria Anna of Portugal
|
Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg-----Prince Felix of Bourbon de Parma
|
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg-----Princess Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium

The father of Grand Duke Guilaume IV, Grand Duke Adolf, was married twice- first to Grand Duchess Elisavetha of Russia [who died in childbirth] and secondly to Princess Adelheid of Anhalt.
Guillaume IV had six daughters- Marie-Adelaide, Charlotte, Hilda, Antoinette, Elisabeth, and Sophie.
Marie-Adelaide was the Grand Duchess for five years after her father, until she was forced to abdicate in favor of her sister Charlotte. She never married and died soon afterwards, childless.
Charlotte- see above.
Hilda married Prince Adolf of Schwarzenburg.
Antoinette married Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria [who was 30 years older than her]. She died in 1954 after a long illness; IIRC she was imprisoned in a concentration camp during WWII - this severely deteriorated her health and she never completely recovered.
Elisabeth married Prince Ludwig Philipp von Thurn und Taxis [who died at the age of 32], she also died fairly young [49].
Sophie married Prince Ernst Heinrich of Saxony, and she as well died early [39].
....the only two sisters to live long lives were Charlotte and Hilda, apparently.

Also through Grand Duke Jean's sisters, they are related to the noble families of Hohenburg, Henckel von Donnersmarck, Ledreborg, and Ligne:
Princess Elisabeth married Duke Franz Ferdinand von Hohenburg
Princess Marie Adelaide married Graf Karl Josef Henckel von Donnersmarck
Princess Marie Gabrielle married Knud Johan Ludvig Graf von Holstein-Ledreborg
Princess Alix married Prince Antoine de Ligne

....I hope I helped to answer your question.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those pics from the plane don't really look like him.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Courtier

http://www.rtl.lu/tele/videoarchiv/i...s&limitStart=0

here are some videos

I like Guillaume's voice
Old 11-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Everyone should like Guillaume's voice!
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Gentry

Guillaume in Wiesbaden (GERMANY)

Guillaume on 17-11-2005 in Wiesbaden

http://www.newscom.com
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it just me, or does Guillaume look shorter than usual?
Old 11-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies he is in posts 310 and 311.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Aristocracy

It was fantastic to see so many pictures of Guillaume. It looks like he is pretty close with the Grimaldis....I had no idea.

Tags
current events, hereditary grand duke guillaume, news