The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems that way.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Hello!

The benelux royalty messageboard provided this quote, from the wikipedia.com I guess:

"His Royal Highness Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg, Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie (born November 11, 1981), Prince of Nassau and Bourbon-Parma, styled HRH The Hereditary Grand Duke, is the Heir Apparent to the throne of Luxembourg.

A member of the Grand Ducal House of Nassau, founded in 1093, which has ruled Luxembourg since 1890, Guillaume is the eldest child of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. He is heir apparent since his father's accession in 2000.

His education includes Lycee Robert-Schumann in Luxembourg; Beau Soleil and Institute Le Rosey boarding schools in Switzerland; and Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Camberley, England. He failed to complete a degree in political science and history at the University of Durham, England. His duties include Honorary Chairman, Board of Economic Development of Luxembourg and the Kraizberg Foundation, a charitable institution for the disabled."

Failed... I hope the boy isn't dummy...

-L

Old 08-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Hm...interesting. I wonder what happened? :)

www.one.org
Old 08-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Aristocracy

he may not have but just hasn't completed it.
also anyone can post on that website if i am thinking correctly
Old 08-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, I don't think he failed, either. While Felix was photographed home alot over the past year, Guillaume wasn't. Besides, he has another year to go.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamass
he may not have but just hasn't completed it.
also anyone can post on that website if i am thinking correctly
Yeah, Wikipedia is written by whoever wants to write it.

Anyway. Guillaume, more than likely didn't fail out, but is probably transferring to another university or something [I think the only reason he went to Durham is because Pia was going there, I could be wrong].
Old 08-20-2005, 02:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
Yeah, Wikipedia is written by whoever wants to write it.

Anyway. Guillaume, more than likely didn't fail out, but is probably transferring to another university or something [I think the only reason he went to Durham is because Pia was going there, I could be wrong].
Hm, I hadn't heard anything about why he choose Durham. Interesting, if it's true. But I don't see why he'd transfer if he only has a year left to go, unless he really, really dislikes it there.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by delineate
Hm, I hadn't heard anything about why he choose Durham. Interesting, if it's true. But I don't see why he'd transfer if he only has a year left to go, unless he really, really dislikes it there.
Heh...I transferred to a different school with less than a year left to go! :) Guess it's whatever butters your muffin.....maybe he got sick of all the rain and fog.
I do know that he and Pia attended the school at the same time....all those pictures you see of them together were taken in the town the school is in.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by delineate
Durham is one of the best universtities in Europe, number three in England after Oxford and Cambridge. In some programs, it's harder to get there than to either of those. His "connections" might have helped though...

-L
Old 08-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I have a feeling they started dating later on.
I do too. Don't know why I get that impression, though, because I've never heard anything regarding exactly when they started dating.

Is Guillaume back in school by now, you think?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Probably if he is still going. I've heard rumors that he quit, but I have a feeling that he didn't.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Probably if he is still going. I've heard rumors that he quit, but I have a feeling that he didn't.
I don't think he did either. Wikipedia doesn't exactly strike me as being the most reliable source.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

Lightbulb

I highly doubt that his parents would have let him quit school. Maybe transfer but not drop it all together. He might also want a semester off. I guess we'll see here before too long.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

His parents would definately let him transfer, they let Felix do it. But he seems like a pretty educated, focused guy so, I don't think he would quit.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think he would quit either. At most he could possibly be transferring and thinking about maybe even doing more college. That way it'll be a little longer before he starts getting all the pressure to marry. I have a feeling he's enjoying bachelorhood just fine right now.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think he would transfer in his last year, though.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Courtier

Isn't he studying Political Science?

www.one.org
Old 09-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
Isn't he studying Political Science?
Yes he is. And unlike myself, I'm sure he'll end up getting a job that actually has something to do with his major.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hasn't he recently become part of the government in Luxembourg?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Hasn't he recently become part of the government in Luxembourg?
Yeah, I think he became a member of the State Council. I know we discussed it a bit in the last news thread.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, hereditary grand duke guillaume, news