The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

Lightbulb

They would have to train to be a lawyer or doctor like anyone else but they would probably render their professional services to the crown.
In other instances like Princess Martha Louise gave up her royal allowance to live a more normal life. Every royal house has their rules and stipulations on this kind of thing but it is becoming increasingly more popular for these royals to train for something and give up or have their royal allowances decreased.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah yes, an attempt to be "normal"!

Old 12-29-2004, 01:40 AM
Courtier

well, felix was, or is still, attending "european business school" in london at one point in time. perhaps he's planning on working in the business world like one of his uncles, it slips my mind as to which one is working for some major bank somewhere in that area.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Nobility

I think Prince Jean works in business - it might be him?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

wait....i thought it was Guillaume who was studying in some business school in London...?

hey...i know why Guillaume broke up with Pia now...because she stole the hideous coat that was suppose to go with his hideous ugg boots :p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bad_dresser.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	72446  
Old 12-29-2004, 03:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
wait....i thought it was Guillaume who was studying in some business school in London...?
nope. that would be felix, post leaving of sandhurst b/c of an injured knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
hey...i know why Guillaume broke up with Pia now...because she stole the hideous coat that was suppose to go with his hideous ugg boots :p
*shudders. ack! what a hiddeous coat. it looks like she went out, shot some poor animal, took its skin, and sewed it into a coat. *shakes her head. he CAN do much better.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy

does anyone have a picture of these ugg boots????
Old 12-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamass
does anyone have a picture of these ugg boots????
it is in one of the other threads...i can't seem to locate it but the picture was posted recently...i'm sure one of the girls or boy [Drimal ] will have it...its the picture where Felix dresses like a forest ranger hehehe
Old 12-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Courtier

sorry chanel, we'll try to do better. *smiles. as for guillaume's boots, they're in the latest news thread - the most recent one. it slips my mind as to which page the pics on. it's in the same attachment as felix's pic with him looking like a forrest ranger. even more on topic, does anyone know what he's been up to lately? he's been really quiet. perhaps karajan will come online and give us some insight into the matter.

btw, why did guillaume get his drivers license @19???? what's the legal driving age there?
Old 12-30-2004, 06:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfroyste
btw, why did guillaume get his drivers license @19???? what's the legal driving age there?
The legal age for driving licence is 18. With 18 you can drive a car with less than 9 places and less than 3500 kilogramms. With 16 years you can make the driving licence for motorbikes.

I know the whole theory because I've learned it for the driving test I made last year. The normal driving licence is class B.

Louis is born on 3th August 1986 and so he can make the driving licence this year.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:28 AM
Courtier

kewl, thanks drimal. in my state, the legal driving age is now 17. it used to be 16- which is what it was when i got mine. as far as i know, there are no specific age restrictions as to what vehicle one can drive, only different class certifications and tests that one has to have. but in most states, one has to get a permit and take a stupid drivers education class- it's required for h.s. graduation- before you can even get a licence. but for each state, the drivers test is different as well as the legal age; on average it's about 17.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Nobility

I hope this works - Amusing ugg boots with forest green boy #1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	one is amused.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	72989  
Old 12-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Talking

Thanks Girls. Just wanted to let you all know that you are awesome. I love reading your posts and I love that you get excited about what you are into. No objections there. We are just trying to keep the forums clean, and we have had some complaints in the past few weeks about people posting so many "eeeeeeeeewwwws", "oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhs", "MUAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHs", and so on. Your coroperation is greatly appreciated. thank you so much, and please continue posting and having fun.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Gentry

It is true that the Grand Ducal family of Loxembourg are very traditional, however if Guillaume is ready to take the throne, i'm sure that Henri will give Guillaume the crown

I would like to know if anyone has fresh pictures of Pia and Guillaume?
Thank you

I honestly don't think that you have to raise a family to become Grand Duke, but if that's waht royals have to do, hey, good luck.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks Katie for the picture. I can't believe I missed that picture of the Uggs and Forest Boy. Guillaume has an interesting fashion sense but at least they match his pants and aren't pink or purple.... That is one good thing about them.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:06 AM
Courtier

they've got VERY interesting fashion sense. some of it's quite odd, guillaume's odd ugg boots, and some of it's quite awful, guillaume's and felix's facial hair. hehe.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know of any official events coming up which involve Guillaume or even the rest of the family? There doesn't appear to be much news about them at the moment.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Aristocracy

Unhappy

I don't know of any. Although Guillaume is probably going back to school in Great Britian in the next couple of days.

Maybe in April when he is back home their might be some.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Probably. After all, it will be Henri's 50th.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Nobility

Here's an update on the Favourite European Heir to the Throne poll... Guillaume is coming equal fourth with Haakon with ten votes! He's behind Felipe (26), Victoria (23) and Frederik (13) but beating Albert, Charles, Philippe and Willem-Alexander! I feel a bit sorry for Willem-Alexander who, I think, deserves far more than 6 votes!

Tags
current events, hereditary grand duke guillaume, news