The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think Felix is going to school anymore.

Old 12-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

perhaps he finished his university course or whatever he was studying...hey did Felix ever go to Sandhurst as well? I can't recall if he did...and one more thing how do you pronouce Guillaume??? i heard it was like the French version of 'William' but do you pronouce it like 'William'???

Old 12-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Courtier

felix went to sandhurst and left caz of a knee injury

will-e-am
thats how its pronounced
Old 12-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
will-e-am thats how its pronounced
Wow...I've always pronouced Guillaume as...this is going to sound stupid but it was due to my ignorance... guy-lorm??? Don't asked me where i got that from i was saying how it was spelt hehehe...wow so its just exactly pronouced liek William?
Old 12-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Nobility

That's wierd, I thought it was pronounced so that the 'll' sounds like an 'ee' sound kind of. Gee-yom, or something similar. I thought with the way the word "guillotine" is sometimes pronounced, you know, not guillotine but gee-otine. God - does anyone here speak French?
Old 12-02-2004, 01:47 AM
Aristocracy

Guillaume is a French name so I think this is how you pronounce it. You can click on the name and it says it for you.

http://french.about.com/library/trav...fr-names-m.htm

After 2 years of french, I can speak it all right and they do pronounce ll as a y noise - like in spanish. So Guillaume would be like gui-o-tine.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Nobility

What a handy site that is. Well, that's kind of how I thought it sounds but I can't pronounce it very well, I'm sure.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:10 AM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
Wow...I've always pronouced Guillaume as...this is going to sound stupid but it was dur to omy ignorance... guy-lorm??? Don't asked me where i got that from i was saying how it was spelt hehehe...wow so its just exactly pronouced liek William?
hahaha NO NO NO... i thought u didnt know how to pronounce william haha i dont know bout guillaume hahahaha
Old 12-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Guillaume is pronounced "Gee-yohm" with a hard, not a soft G [a g as in glow, for example].
Lollies!
-Kara-
Old 12-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know someone who almost majored in French. She said that the a in his name was pronounced as a hard a. But she speaks weirdly in English so I'm not sure if she is right.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Courtier

mabye someone who lives in luxembourg should ask him
Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I know someone who almost majored in French. She said that the a in his name was pronounced as a hard a. But she speaks weirdly in English so I'm not sure if she is right.
I've never heard of a hard 'a'.....?_?

Anyway, that's how my French teacher always said it. She might be wrong. But then again, pronunciation varies from place to place....
Lollies!
-Kara-
Old 12-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
hahaha NO NO NO... i thought u didnt know how to pronounce william haha i dont know bout guillaume hahahaha
hahahaha...i kind of suspected this but i wasn't sure hahahaha...and then out myself in a state of distress wondering how guillaume sounded exactly like William and why he just wasn't named William then hahaha...but all is well now thanks for everyone for clarifying it ^___^
Old 12-03-2004, 03:16 AM
Nobility

Princes shouldn't have long hair. Short and sensible is the only way, I believe. "A haircut you can set your watch to," as they say. They wouldn't allow long hair like that at Sandhurst, I'm sure!

I was wondering, I think I read somewhere that after Guillaume graduated from Sandhurst, he was sworn in as a Lieutenant into the Luxembourg army. Has he been promoted since then? (You've got to love a man in uniform with lots of medals!!) Heheheheheh! Do you think any of us could get commissioned into the Luxembourg army? I think I'd like to be a Field Marshal because it sounds impressive. Or I'd be an Admiral of the Fleet if it wasn't a landlocked country... maybe I could keep a small flotilla on the Alzette.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

He hasn't been promoted yet, but he will be when he gets older. The military works on seniority.

Wow barbarella, my family would never agree with yours!
Old 12-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Commoner

Hi everybody !!!

Hi everybody, it's been a while, sorry.
Too many things to do !!!
And I'm pregnant, the baby comes in 3 months, so... all theses things that you imagine.
I have not seen Guillaume for a long time, but he was quite nice to often phone me and speak with me during my pregnancy. I'm so happy being still a friend of him....many years after the Conservatoire !!!
So, must leave you,
See you soon,
If any questions, just ask...I'll try to help you. BUt I saw we have a Belvaux resident... So, how is it in BIELES ? I leave in Hobscheid, dear friend !!!
Audrey
Old 12-05-2004, 03:50 AM
Nobility

Yes, what does life as a royal entail? I suppose one would have to have a title; one would have to know how to wave with dignity; one would have to live in a big house with servants; and one would have to use the word "one" a lot.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
Yes, what does life as a royal entail? I suppose one would have to have a title; one would have to know how to wave with dignity; one would have to live in a big house with servants; and one would have to use the word "one" a lot.
All those things and showing up for royal events, showing up for other various events, getting photographed, going on amazing vacations, and having bodyguards around all the time.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Courtier

hehe i would be so like a walking show....

Guillaume......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ummmm well wonder what hes doing now hehehe
Old 12-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Guillaume......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ummmm well wonder what hes doing now hehehe
He's definitely in hiding >___< maybe dating Pia was so traumatic that he need rehabiliation hehehehe...i wonder if he is in Luxembourg or England at the moment? hm...where is he???! O__O

Tags
current events, hereditary grand duke guillaume, news