HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 3: May 2014 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
JointMonogramGuillaumeandStphanie.jpg

The joint monogram of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie

Welcome to the 3rd thread for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg's Current Events.

The previous thread can be found here.
Please post current news and events of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie in this thread

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

Not the clearest photo, but from what can be seen Stephanie looks wonderful here. I am especially impressed with the pumps. They are nude, they match her dress, and they are not peep-toe. Good job!;)

Luxarazzi

Love these two, they seem to fit really well together and seem lovely people (and i do look that red jacket on her)

I love seeing Guillaume & Stephanie together.

Grevenmacher is a lovely little town and with all that sunshine they must have had a good time !!!

Stephanie is a beautiful young woman! I love her top in these pictures ( belt too).

They both look wonderfully happy and relaxed. It's always a treat to see them out and about!:)

guillaume and stephanie have given an interview with occasion of their 2nd national day together! stephanie gave the interview completely in luxembourgish. :)

hopefully a luxembourgish member can translate for us?

RTL.lu - De Journal

Could Stephanie not speak Luxembourgish when she got married?

guillaume and stephanie have given an interview with occasion of their 2nd national day together! stephanie gave the interview completely in luxembourgish. :)

hopefully a luxembourgish member can translate for us?

RTL.lu - De Journal

I hope so, too. She does come across as confident now. A nice couple. :flowers:

Could Stephanie not speak Luxembourgish when she got married?

She knew Luxembourgish and she said a few words but gave all the long interview in either French or German (though the questions were asked in Luxembourgish). This wasn't a big deal in Luxembourg where everyone is fluent in both German and French. This is the first time she has given an entire interview in Luxembourgish, which surprised even the interviewer as many members of the Grand Ducal Family prefer to speak French. Whenever Guillaume gives an interview, there are usually comments like "Finally, our first (future) head of state who speaks Luxembourgish like a Luxembourger".

Is Luxembourgish similar to another language? Like German? Just like the Flemish is similar to Dutch right?

Is Luxembourgish similar to another language? Like German? Just like the Flemish is similar to Dutch right?

As far as I can tell, as a native Dutch speaker, Luxembourgish is a mixture of German and Dutch that is quite unique! I certainly can't read it and I doubt I would be able to understand the spoken version.:bang:

From what I have read on other Forums, Guillaume is the only member of the GD family(other than Tessy and GD Jean of course) who is truly at home in the Luxembourgish dialect. Henri rarely uses it, and in over 30 years as a member of the family I have never heard M-T speak it.:cool:

Good for Stephanie, that less than two years after her wedding she has apparently mastered this difficult language.

Last edited:
I assume that Stephanie naturally has an ear for languages. According to Wikipedia, she's fluent in German, English and French. She has studied Russian too. Stephanie is certainly very talented.

From what I have read on other Forums, Guillaume is the only member of the GD family(other than Tessy and GD Jean of course) who is truly at home in the Luxembourgish dialect. Henri rarely uses it, and in over 30 years as a member of the family I have never heard M-T speak it.:cool:

Good for Stephanie, that less than two years after her wedding she has apparently mastered this difficult language.

i find it strange that MT was never heard speaking in luxembourgish, in 30 years! i guess that brings brownie points to stephanie... :)

I won't say MT has never spoken it carlota. But I have never heard her speak anything other than French when she does public engagements.

She gave an interview years ago and said her son Guillaume would be the member of the family who would be thoroughly immersed in Luxembourgish. When Gui gives an interview in the Grand Duchy or when he speaks to people there, it's always the language he uses-no exceptions.

i find it strange that MT was never heard speaking in luxembourgish, in 30 years! i guess that brings brownie points to stephanie... :)
Maria Teresa does speak Luxembourgish and also gives interview in the language. However, she feels more comfortable speaking French and has also changed languages during an interview in the past to express her feelings better. The Grand Ducal Family generally is quite Francophile, I understand that French is actually the language the family speaks at home. A lot of people say that Guillaume is the first member of the family who speaks Luxembourgish like a Luxembourger does.

I like the photos too. Stephanie looks gorgeous. :p She seems to finally be coming out of her shell, it's great to see!

Photoshop used to bother me, but I have gotten used to it. Finding an official Royal photo these days that has not been photo shopped to the max is as rare a complete solar eclipse.:cool:

those photos are simply great, i'm glad we have new official portraits! i think the GD family is jumping up at keeping up their image as of late, with official portraits being released of prince louis and tessy and family, of felix and claire and family and of the HGD couple all in the space of a couple of months. well done, i must say! i hope they keep them coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom