HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 2: October 2012 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
JointMonogramGuillaumeandStphanie.jpg

The joint monogram of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie

Welcome to the 1st thread for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg's Current Events.

Please post current news and events of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie in this thread

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

Last edited:
There is a charming little clip on the RT.lu site that has Guillaume speaking to Stephanie in Luxembourgish, and she responds. She sounds great but is still learning. She explains that she can understand very well but is not quite fluent yet.
As Lëtzebuergesch is related both to German and to Flemish, one of Stéphanie's native languages, it's no surprise that she understands it well, and I doubt it will take long before she speaks Lëtzebuergesch fluently.

Perhaps within 9 months or by October 2013. HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie shall become parents for the first time.

:flowers:

Till then it shall be great to see HGD Stephanie having her first christmas married and also celebrate her first New Year's eve and day as a member of the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg(Luxemburg).

:flowers:

Perhaps within 9 months or by October 2013. HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie shall become parents for the first time.
Well, Stéphanie and Guillaume said in their pre-wedding interviews that they don't plan to have children until after two or three years of marriage so I doubt that they will become parents in 2013.

Maybe it is not the best place to ask, but what connection is between the royal-family of Luxemburg and Norway? Are they also relatives or only very good friend?

Maybe it is not the best place to ask, but what connection is between the royal-family of Luxemburg and Norway? Are they also relatives or only very good friend?
King Harald and Grand Duke Henri are actually very closely related: they are 1st cousins once removed through not one but two separate lines. Their most recent common ancestors were Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland (son of Oscar I of Sweden) and Ingeborg of Denmark (daughter of Frederick VIII of Denmark)

Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland -> Astrid of Sweden -> Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium -> Grand Duke Henri
Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland -> Martha of Sweden -> Harald V

Frederick VIII -> Ingeborg of Denmark -> Astrid of Sweden -> Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium -> Grand Duke Henri
Frederick VIII -> Ingeborg of Denmark -> Martha of Sweden -> Harald V
Frederick VIII -> Haakon VII of Norway -> Olav V of Norway -> Harald V

Last edited:
King Harald and Grand Duke Henri are actually very closely related: they are 1st cousins once removed through not one but two separate lines. Their most recent common ancestors were Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland (son of Oscar I of Sweden) and Ingeborg of Denmark (daughter of Frederick VIII of Denmark)

Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland -> Astrid of Sweden -> Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium -> Grand Duke Henri
Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland -> Martha of Sweden -> Harald V

Frederick VIII -> Ingeborg of Denmark -> Astrid of Sweden -> Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium -> Grand Duke Henri
Frederick VIII -> Ingeborg of Denmark -> Martha of Sweden -> Harald V
Frederick VIII -> Haakon VII of Norway -> Olav V of Norway -> Harald V

Thanks the answer!:flowers:

Is it known if Guillaume and Stephanie have left yet for a honeymoon destination. ?

Breffney, they left Saturday night after the fireworks display.

As Lëtzebuergesch is related both to German and to Flemish, one of Stéphanie's native languages, it's no surprise that she understands it well, and I doubt it will take long before she speaks Lëtzebuergesch fluently.

In fact, the dialect in Luxembourg is a Rhenanian/Moselan Franconian dialect which is related to the Palatianian, the Colognian, the Flemish and the Dutch German. Interwoven are French words, so you can say it really one of the Middle-European dialects, but mostly Germanic.

If Stephanie is a Flemish speaker, she should have no problems with her new home "language".

In fact, the dialect in Luxembourg is a Rhenanian/Moselan Franconian dialect which is related to the Palatianian, the Colognian, the Flemish and the Dutch German. Interwoven are French words, so you can say it really one of the Middle-European dialects, but mostly Germanic.

If Stephanie is a Flemish speaker, she should have no problems with her new home "language".

Indeed, according to the new official biography on the Luxemburgish grand-ducal website, the new Grand Duchess did her primary education in Flemish, although her native language is listed as French. Interestingly, Flemish is not included as one of the languages in which she is fluent; an exclusion that perhaps indicates political correctness?:whistling:

Well, Stéphanie and Guillaume said in their pre-wedding interviews that they don't plan to have children until after two or three years of marriage so I doubt that they will become parents in 2013.

They are both devout Catholics so unless they sleep in separate bedrooms for the next couple of years, I doubt they can postpone having children that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there been any word yet on the honeymoon locale?

Am I the only one that is DYING to see them again? :D

Yes, it will be nice and exciting to see them start off their lives together.

I saw inEuronews a short clip of the civil wedding, it was the moment when the Mayor asks the usual question : Would you accept tom marry.....
Gauillaume was asked and replied in French
Stephanie was asked in Flemish (or Luxembourgian?) and I heard, she replied "Yo". So flemish was considered to be her mother/legal tongue.
The Palace's website said that she did all her scolarity in "dutch" language (neerlandais, not flemish), and after they said that her mother tongue is french. So why she was asked in flemish(dutch)?
Not clear

Last edited:
They are both devout Catholics so unless they sleep in separate bedrooms for the next couple of years, I doubt they can postpone having children that long.
There are accepted family planning methods for Catholics, such as this: Catholic Natural Family Planning , so I don't see any conflicts between being a devout Catholic and wait to have children.

There are accepted family planning methods for Catholics, such as this: Catholic Natural Family Planning , so I don't see any conflicts between being a devout Catholic and wait to have children.

The world is full of non-desired babies of parents who followed such method!!!
Hopefully, even out of planning, Guillaume & Stephanie will be very happy to welcome their babies.

Well that´s a very personal discussion.
But as they have been together for some years now they probably find out what is right for them.
Furthermore being catholic doesn´t forbid to be a modern young human being.

Honestly, I hope they are very happy in their honeymoon but I REALLY want to see them out and about now! :D

Are they returning to Luxembourg this weekend or next?

I sure hope their honeymoon is as perfect as their wedding was! :p

Are they returning to Luxembourg this weekend or next?

I sure hope their honeymoon is as perfect as their wedding was! :p

I think they will be returning soon as the couple are going on a working visit to China if I remember correct later this month.

I think they will be returning soon as the couple are going on a working visit to China if I remember correct later this month.

Cant wait for prince Guillaume & princess Stephanie`s first royal duty as married couple.

Last edited:
YAY! I look forward to seeing them more often :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom