The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Courtier

12-2-2013

La pièce numismatique "Prënzenhochzäit" de la BCL commémore le Mariage Princier - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Février 2013

http://www.wort.lu/de/view/guillaume...b05e0d085c355f

Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like the coin. It looks weird...

Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't say 'weird' so much as seriously ugly.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I actually rather like the coin. It's unusual but interesting.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Majesty

Not a fan of the coin, but I think that dark burgundy color looks great on Stephanie.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

As a part of the wedding celebrations of Guillaume and Stéphanie asked for donations to the Fondation du Grand-Duc et de la Grande-Duchesse instead of gifts, and the fond have received 157,810 euros in donations, to be used to help elderly people in Luxembourg and social entrepreneurs: Wort.lu - Royal wedding raises over €150,000 for worthy causes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

This is not a flattering coat or suit, whatever it is, the beige blob. At least it's not too short, an improvement! I do not think Stephanie cares about high fashion. Maybe later.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Royal Highness

Stephanie's seeming indifference to fashion (jeez, I hope it's indifference) and their aura of newlywed devotion and joy heighten their charm to me, IMO. Some royals come across as a bit "plastic," even if not really the case, because it all seems so perfect. There's something about these two that seem so ordinary, so real. And they just give off a vibe of "nice person," at least to me. Although most of the royals give off the "nice person" vibe - perhaps they are giving the "I feel no reason to impress" vibe.

It's kind of nice to see a more "human" side to a crown princess rather than runway model territory.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:11 AM
Serene Highness

I agree, Gracie. I like Stephanie just the way she is. A real person type.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw photos of Stephanie and Guillaume at Pope Benedict XVI's last general audience in St Peter's Square on Wednesday. Felix was there too and they looked like any of the other tens of thousands of excited pilgrims. http://www.hola.com/actualidad/20130...vaticano-roma/
Old 03-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Serene Highness

As I said on another thread, these are the best pics of the Luxembourgers I've seen in a long time. Stephanie and Guillaume both looked great, Felix looked a little overcome.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Couple gave a car (the new Renault Clio) to the Association Luxembourg Alzheimer.
Mariage Princier: Le Couple Héritier a remis une voiture à l
Google Translation
Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

What a kind and generous thing for Guillaume and Stephanie to do...
Old 03-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I saw photos of Stephanie and Guillaume at Pope Benedict XVI's last general audience in St Peter's Square on Wednesday. Felix was there too and they looked like any of the other tens of thousands of excited pilgrims. http://www.hola.com/actualidad/20130...vaticano-roma/
Stephanie looks beautiful!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Courtier

Will they return for the big "enthronement" mass for the pope on Tuesday?
BYe Bine
Old 03-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Bine221, we are all hoping for a big turnout for the Luxembourg Grand Ducal family that will include the newlyweds. We don't get to see them nearly enough, imo.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
...we are all hoping for a big turnout for the Luxembourg Grand Ducal family that will include the newlyweds. We don't get to see them nearly enough, imo.
Only Henri, Maria Teresa, and Felix will attend, according to an agenda item at www.monarchie.lu.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Such a pity we will not see the new couple there... and no Claire...
Old 03-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Such a pity we will not see the new couple there... and no Claire...
I agree. But I am sure we will see them next month during the celebration of the Octave of Our Lady of Luxembourg. Traditionally, Princess Alexandra accompanies her brother Guillaume during the events, but this year maybe he will have his new bride with him instead.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I agree. But I am sure we will see them next month during the celebration of the Octave of Our Lady of Luxembourg. Traditionally, Princess Alexandra accompanies her brother Guillaume during the events, but this year maybe he will have his new bride with him instead.
Do you mean the national day? Usually the whole family - or as many members who are able to come to Luxembourg - attend the closing of the Octave. There are no official events that are attended by the Hereditary Grand Duke seperately, though various members of the family usually attend masses during the time leading up to the closing but not in official function and they usually sit with the regular people.

Tags
current events, guillaume, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, lannoy, luxembourg, news, stephanie, hereditary grand duke guillaume