HGD Guillaume and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy, Current Events 1: May - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
4iizir.png

Welcome to the 1st thread for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy's Current Events.

Commencing May 2012

Please post current news and events of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and his fiancée in this thread

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines.

Last edited:
Guillaume and Stéphanie sure looks good together, it was nice seeing them out at an official event together.

I was so excited and surprised to see Guillaume and Stephanie! I liked her outfit, very elegant! :)

I hope she will make an appearance at National Day next month-

They did look good together but she needs to learn how to walk in high heels. She has the most ungainly walk I have seen in a long time, almost a John Wayne side to side amble, rather unfeminine.

Really lovely - she creates a very delicate impression, very elegant. Its also so nice that an engaged couple - clearly in love - were at the Christening. They sprinkled the charm of the soon-to-be-wed-fairy-dust! :flowers:

Lovely Photo of Couple

Last edited:
They did look good together but she needs to learn how to walk in high heels. She has the most ungainly walk I have seen in a long time, almost a John Wayne side to side amble, rather unfeminine.

LOL!! :lol: You are the second person who has said that! I was unable to see the live broadcast...only the photos! I noticed she was wearing platforms.

But I also remember her rather horsey, inelegant gait when she was coming down the steps at Berg last month...maybe Maria-Teresa has a lady-in-waiting who is willing to help her out? :whistling:

At least she was dressed better than she was at Berg!

Tyger, they didn't seem as giddy today as they did last month. They looked sober and preoccupied. Didn't really smile or hold hands. But they are a lovely couple, no doubt. :)

Last edited:
LOL!! :lol: You are the second person who has said that! I was unable to see the live broadcast...only the photos! I noticed she was wearing platforms.

But I also remember her rather horsey, inelegant gait when she was coming down the steps at Berg last month...maybe Maria-Teresa has a lady-in-waiting who is willing to help her out? :whistling:

At least she was dressed better than she was at Berg!

Tyger, they didn't seem as giddy today as they did last month. They looked sober and preoccupied. Didn't really smile or hold hands. But they are a lovely couple, no doubt. :)

If you go to the christening thread , I believe it is post 341 that has video link to the ceremony and you can see arrivals and departures. It is in the arrivals where you see Stephanie do her John Wayne walk.

Lovely though she may be I have this image of her walking down the aisle in cowboy boots and pistols on her hips,

Is Stephanie a tomboy?? Does she ride, play any sports? That might explain it.

Other than her impressive lineage and her academic prowess, we don't know much about her.

I must admit that is not a good look on her, the shoe and hat are all wrong white shoe with the stock does not look cute, hopful she get a stylist like others crown princess, maybe after marriage she might start wow us with her look so i will give her time to find her fashion just like others crown princess did.:whistling:

If you go to the christening thread , I believe it is post 341 that has video link to the ceremony and you can see arrivals and departures. It is in the arrivals where you see Stephanie do her John Wayne walk.

Lovely though she may be I have this image of her walking down the aisle in cowboy boots and pistols on her hips,
love your post LOl, thanks for the laugh! anyway i think we should give her time to learn the walk and fashion, hopful by then she can be able to walk down the aisle with the wedding dress:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
love your post LOl, thanks for the laugh! anyway i think we should give her time to learn the walk and fashion, hopful by then she can be able to walk down the aisle with the wedding dress:lol:
With a long wedding gown there is always the option for flat or low heel shoes if she's more comfortable that way.

With her heels she's almost the same height as Guillaume. I thought she looked great at the christening. It's a good time for her to meet the other royals is she hasn't already.

I wonder if her family is close to Mathilde's.

I viewed the pics of Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy at the christening in Stockholm and I must say, the couple look decidedly pleased together. However, I must comment (as is my nature) on what I consider the future princess' lèse-majesté, namely the length of the dress she wore. I sincerely believe that better attention should have been paid by her (and/or her royal handlers, if any) to the nature of the ceremony (a christening in a religious setting) and thus the appropriate attire she should wear. Being that she is a royal-to-be, I think the hem of her dress should have fell (at best) to her knees (not necessarily below, but NEVER above). I was pleased with the jacket and hat (though the clutch and shoes were a bit much and IMHO made her look quite awkward). I hope that I'm not being too harsh on the poor dear, who I'm sure will add just as much value to the stability of the monarchy in Luxembourg as her immediate predecessors (namely the incumbent Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte). She just seems to be a bit "rough around the edges".

It was a short dress, but I wonder if you or anyone else saw the very tall young woman(someone identifed her as a model) with a sheer minidress that was so short it seemed to barely skim her hips??

And to make it worse you could see straight through this "dress" and realize that she was wearing thong underwear! :eek:

Stephanie looked like a novice nun in comparison. :lol:

I fully expect her to grow into her new position fashionwise...at least one can hope. :whistling:

I expect she does not wear heels much. I hope she can find some shoes with reasonable heels, i.e. 2 to 3 inches, which is plenty. I do not care a lot for the 6 inch heels we see Catherine of Cambridge wearing, even though she is elegant wearing them. They are not healthy. Stephanie is charming and well educated and I see a happy marriage ahead. Guillome is so handsome, to me, partly because he looks like my late husband when he was young. They should have spectacular children if God blesses them with such.

A beard really suits him ! Very handsome !

I expect she does not wear heels much. I hope she can find some shoes with reasonable heels, i.e. 2 to 3 inches, which is plenty. I do not care a lot for the 6 inch heels we see Catherine of Cambridge wearing, even though she is elegant wearing them. They are not healthy. Stephanie is charming and well educated and I see a happy marriage ahead. Guillome is so handsome, to me, partly because he looks like my late husband when he was young. They should have spectacular children if God blesses them with such.

Catherine has never worn any heels higher than 5", most of her shoes fall into the 3.5"-4.5" range which is the same range as the other Princesses like Mary

Last edited:
You people really crack me up saying Stephanie has a 'John Wayne' gait. I think she looks like Drew Barrymore, actually.

I actually just finished watching live video of Stephanie and Guillaume at the reception that was given for members of the Government, the Military and the Church and Diplomatic Corps on the day of their engagement.

She is quite a poised, pretty and graceful young woman in a relaxed atmosphere...still photos don't do her justice at all, imo.

Guillaume made an excellent choice for the future Grand Duchess of Luxembourg! :)

Miche, I was just going on what one report on an online newspaper said of Catherine's heels, that they were 6 inches. Well, I realize that the platforms are part of that height. I realize the other princesses also wear these very high heels, including platforms. The platforms make it easier for them to wear these skyscraper heels. But I think Stephanie may not have worn these much. Never in my lifetime would I have been able to walk down those stairs at Berg with shoes like that on my feet, and I was a ballet dancer in youth. No wonder she had to hold on tight to Guillome, and he to her, to make it down the stairs. She will learn to wear them with practice. But I would prefer she wore lower heels for her health's sake.
I think she is fascinating and that they are the epitome of an excellent royal couple so far....may the "so far" extend forever.

^If those newspaper did their jobs and research they would found out from the companies website the height of these shoes (which included the platforms height in them) that most of Catherine's heels fall into the 3.5" to 4.5" and two of them being 5". A heels that is 3.5" to 4.5" are not even that high, completely average.

One can only hope that, unlike me, they won't be practically crippled by the damage that wearing those types of shoes cause.

Sadly some women who wear these extreme high heeled shoes will down the road if they wear them a lot will have damage to their feet and their back or other problems. God forbid if you fell or tripped while wearing these shoes.

At least Catherine wears flats when grocery shopping and when walking the dog.

Anyone who walks a dog while in high heels is a little nutty. Especially if the person doesn't have proper control over the dog and the dog decides to take a run for it.

So, I am hearing that Stephanie has been appointed to the Board of Directors of Henri and Maria-Teresa's charitable foundation...La Fondation Grand-Ducale? :flowers:

There are some lovely and sweet photos of Guillaume and Stephanie attending a garden party yesterday at Colmar-Berg...he has matched his necktie to the dress she is wearing. :whistling:

They look absolutely wonderful together, I wish I knew how to scan photos.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom