Grand Duke Jean and the late GD Joséphine-Charlotte, News 1: May 2003 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalmey

Aristocracy
Grand Duke Jean & Grand duchess Joséphine-Charlotte, news and picture thread

Last edited by a moderator:
www.ibl.se

06/19/1957. The Great Duke of Luxembourg JEAN and his wife JOSEPHINE-CHARLOTTE are surrounding their two children Princess MARIE-ASTRID and Prince HENRI and the two newborn twins Princess MARGARETHA of Luxembourg and Prince JEAN of Luxembourg. © Keystone / Gamma 734522

www.ibl.se

06/30/1960. The royal family of Luxembourg in the garden of their castle in Berzdorf on June 30, 1960. From left to right : JEAN, Crown Prince of Luxembourg, his wife the Duchess JOSEPHINE-CHARLOTTE and their children, Princesses MARGARETHA and MARIE-ASTRID and Princes JEAN and HENRI. © Keystone / Gamma 734522

www.ibl.se

00/00/0000. File pictures of the Grand-Ducal Family of Luxembourg Royal family at the Colmar-Berg castle in the seventies Grand duke Jean, grand duchess Josephine-Charlotte, prince Guillaume, princess Margaretha, prince Henri, prince Jean, princess Marie-Astrid © Photo News / Gamma 734384

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3,371
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,427
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,669
I read on another MB that GD Josephine has lung cancer !
:(
Sad.

does anyone know what caused this?
Did she smoke?

www.mitsuwa-br.co.jp

1) Grand duchess and Japanese Princess Hisako who has chosen "Kimono" that it is the clothes of tradition of Japan in Kanazawa, Japan.
http://www.mitsuwa-br.co.jp
4) The grand duchess stayed at this store for about 1 hour with Japanese The late Prince Takamado and his wihe Princess Hisako. She asked a question eagerly about the kimono in this store. And she purchased the kimono.

Attachments

• ta01.jpg
    ta01.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • ta03.jpg
    ta03.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,017
  • ta04.jpg
    ta04.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,226
  • ta02.jpg
    ta02.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,052
Thanks jun5.

Good to see GD'ss Josephine is fine.

Grand Duke Jean & Grand duchess Joséphine-Charlotte, news and picture thread

my friend from Luxembourg wrote me that in the of Luxembourg newspaper an article with photo was from Josephine Charlotte. It carries a turban. I think it go to it better. If I have the article, I announce myself again.

This is from a link at Netty's Message board about Josephine-Charlotte's health. Unfortunately, I don't understand it. :( Maybe someone can help us out with it.

Revue Luxembourg Press

Geehrt
Großherzogin Joséphine-Charlotte war Ehrengast auf dem Galakonzert der Hilfsorganisation «SOS-Interfonds» mit der bekannten Pianistin Martha Argerich im Großen Theater. Nach einer längeren, krankheitsbedingten Abwesen-heit von der nationalen Bühne war es zum ersten Mal, dass die Großherzogin wieder in die Öffentlichkeit trat. Der Erlös der Benefizveranstaltung fließt einem Kinderhilfsprojekt in Venezuela zu.

Attachments

• R03_51_AKTUELL_6.jpg
    R03_51_AKTUELL_6.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,984
Okay here goes: ( trying my best )
Grand- Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was the guest of honour at a gala concert ( which benefits the SOS Interfonds organization ) that featured wellknown pianist Martha Argerich at the Grand Theatre. It was the first time after a long absence due to illness that the Grand Duchess was seen again in public again. The proceeds of the concert will go towards a project that helps children in Venezuela..

On the Benelux MB off GREMB they said something of GD JC being in remission? from lung cancer.

Interesting ... to get a whiff of some rumours that abounded around the time Jean and Joséphine-Charlottewere wedded - that he loved some-one else, and she some-one else as well.

At the time they were wedded, it is speculated that she was in love with a Belgian tennis player athlete. Was he at Wimbledon?

Apparently Jean was involved with an American opera singer.

In old world Europe, just climbing out of the second world war, those connections must have just been horrendous for the conservative society of Belgium and more especially that of Luxembourg.

It is suggested that King Leopold III of Belgium got his daughter Princess Joséphine-Charlotte to marry the hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg in order to strenghten and to maintain the prestige of the Belgian royal house. On the other hand, credits for arranging the joining of Joséphine-Charlotte and Jean apparently belong to Queen Elisabeth of Belgium and the Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg, given that in those days, it was still normal (and still is normal among the earls and counts) that royalty married royalty.

Now, I gather that despite the misgivings at the altar of Joséphine-Charlotte (who was apparently in tears) and Jean, their marriage became a resounding success.

I wish her all the best so with an early recovery.
I hope she would fight this illness and live a healthy lifestyle again.
That's one cause of diseases, living an unhealthy lifestyle.

She does have a strong character, but you also need a lot of luck I'm afraid....

I really hope she recovers, I like her very much and it's sad to see her so ill.

I just saw a picture of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte and she looks very ill. Any word on what is going on with her?

I think she was last seen at Alexandra's conformation.

msfroyste said:
I think she was last seen at Alexandra's conformation.

She didn't go to Alexandra's confirmation. She did go to Jean's baptism, though.
-Kara-

in english yes, but not in french if i good remember...

What was Grand Duchesse Josephine-charlotte like when she was younger?

:) Grand Duchesse Josephine-charlotte is one of Europes most elegant and regal women... i dont know about you guys... but i would love to know more about here life.. mabye if we can find old photos etc.. would be great to admire such a wonderful lady!

Try some books, you'll find information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom