Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 6 March 2008 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks better than during the Irish state visit (where she looked good). Nice to see that the recovery is going well :)

I wouldn't worry lighthouse, i bet half of us would never fit into those dresses, but i have t say they did look healthier then the average models. Maria teresa was looking beautiful as usual.

I wouldn't worry lighthouse, i bet half of us would never fit into those dresses, but i have t say they did look healthier then the average models. Maria teresa was looking beautiful as usual.

Iol I was only joking by jumping on the 'models are too skinny' band wagon (since a famous designer recently slammed "fat women sitting on the couch eating chips" and complaining about skinny models). They were really nice dresses & for a good cause too. I didn't know the GD was president of the Luxembourg Red Cross :flowers:

Iol I was only joking by jumping on the 'models are too skinny' band wagon (since a famous designer recently slammed "fat women sitting on the couch eating chips" and complaining about skinny models). They were really nice dresses & for a good cause too. I didn't know the GD was president of the Luxembourg Red Cross :flowers:

I believe it's actually now illegal in most European countries to employ models who have less than 18 BMI. I was reading that in Milan they actually check the models now before fashion shows. I actually just read in a blog that a recent study indicates that young French women are becoming more modest with their swimsuits and less are going topless and wearing bikinis than ever before because they feel they can't keep up with model looks. Ironic huh?

She's been president of the Lux Red Cross for a long time. Her sister-in-law Princess Marie-Astrid (mother of my 3rd favorite prince) has been president of the Luxembourg Youth Red Cross since 1970 when she herself was still a youth.

Last year Elie Saab did a show in Luxembourg to benefit the Red Cross. Alex and Seb attended this and there is also a video on youtube of it.

I believe it's actually now illegal in most European countries to employ models who have less than 18 BMI. I was reading that in Milan they actually check the models now before fashion shows. I actually just read in a blog that a recent study indicates that young French women are becoming more modest with their swimsuits and less are going topless and wearing bikinis than ever before because they feel they can't keep up with model looks. Ironic huh?

well your right, but very few have actually heeded this advice and regulation, and still continue to use models who are obviously below the 18 BMI mark, just look at paris and london fashion week and you will see what i mean, as for milian employing this rule yeah right. Sorry to get on my high horse but the fashion industry does erk me.

Did Princess Marie-Astrid attend this event or was it just our lovely Grand-duchess maria teresa ?

Last edited by a moderator:
well your right, but very few have actually heeded this advice and regulation, and still continue to use models who are obviously below the 18 BMI mark, just look at paris and london fashion week and you will see what i mean, as for milian employing this rule yeah right. Sorry to get on my high horse but the fashion industry does erk me.

Did Princess Marie-Astrid attend this event or was it just our lovely Grand-duchess maria teresa ?

Some fashion houses are serious in their commitment to honor the 18 BMI regulation even in countries where there is no regulation. Sizing does annoy me as well. I'm petite and I hate seeing petite size clothing modeled on women who are 5'7" or taller.

Maria-Teresa was the only member of the GD family I saw at the event.

Some are on the surface, but few are, trust me i used to work within the industry, and its annoying as im 5ft 10.5 and the expectation to fit petite size clothing is ridiculous.

I do hope to see Princess Marie-Astrid at one of these events sometime soon.

Grand Duke Henri pictured in the stands as Belgian Yanina Wickmayer
plays her second round match against French Alize Cornet, Thursday
22 October 2009, at the WTA BGL Luxembourg Open tennis tournament,
in Kockelscheuer, Luxembourg.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

They attended the annual concert in memory of Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte at the Philharmornie

:ermm: :previous: I can't believe the - that people celebrate :D. Dani, do you know what's next on the GDs agenda?

It's a small country. Typically in Luxembourg there is a different festival or celebration of some sort that takes place every month. Luxembourgers enjoy a good celebration and festival.

Just this month alone they have the Film Festival and the Nut Market. These two events normally enjoy support from the GDF but with Louis and Felix being abroad and the Grand Duchess still recovering I guess it's too much for Guillaume and Henri to cover everything themselves.

The current events are rarely released ahead of time. I wish there was something similar to the court circular in the UK which details events ahead of time so that people could attend. Alas, we are left to forums, blogs (which obviously few people bother to credit), the official website (often updated days late), and news outlets (a tedious process to gather infos) for our Keeping Up With the De Nassaus. They don't make it so easy for people to follow them.

I was only teasing Dani, I know the Luxemburger's love to celebrate. :flowers: Unfortunately my sense of humour sometimes misses the mark. I wonder if they will open a railway museum like my town has?

Well that pic might not look very cheerful and full of celebration but I think this meeting was a part of a bigger celebration. They have a website dedicated to the celebration

150 JOER EISEBUNN ZU LËTZEBUERG

I know that yesterday GD Henri accepted a new ambassador of Angola to Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlands.

Angola Press - Politics - Angolan ambassador presents credential in Luxembourg ("the Grand Dukedom" made me laugh)

Well they do have the Train 1900 which is a part of the "Industrial and Railway heritage project supported by the Ministry of Culture and its National Heritage" Department.

Train 1900

Several posts have been removed because the picture links of the Grand Duchess in Sweden had already been posted in the correct thread, found here. Please follow the link to discuss the event.

Thank you for the link. I can't read what it says. What is Maria Teresa attending?

They attended the International Advent Bazaar which opened in Kirchberg during the first weekend of Advent. The guest of honor was the Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.

If you have google toolbar than you can run a translation on it, try using a German translator first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom