Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 6 March 2008 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri, Maria-Teresa and Felix are in Paris for the close of the Tour de France. Hopefully, we'll have new pics tomorrow.

Of course they would be, it is very probable a Luxembourg cyclist will be on the second or third place in the final ranking. They must be very proud!

On TV, this afternoon, I saw Grand-Duke Henri present the White Jersey to Luxemburgs Cyclist Andy Schleck!

There is a little picture on the official site of the tour de France!
Look at STANDINGS/Classement-pictures.

picture 5.

Tour de France 2009

Fantastic! Congratulations to Luxembourg. They must be very proud!

The Grand Duchess had surgery today at the University Saint Luc Hospital in Brussels. The operation had been planned for sometime and the GDss is doing well and is in recovery. She is expected to need some weeks to recover.

Article.

Is it known which kind of surgery did she have?

It was not announced what the surgery was. However, it was under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Jacques Donnez who is a gynecologist so it is safe to assume it is "female" related.

I assume that mentioning that name of the Doctor, who is a well known and renowned gynecologist, was a tactful way of getting the point across what the surgery related to her reproductive organs. I think this is pretty typical for women her age. The Duchess of Cornwall just had a hysterectomy not to long ago.

I hope it wasn't anything serious. ,,Female related" - poor MT. However she has five children, brave woman ;) I wonder if she had any caesarean sections?

Best wishes to the Grand Duchess for a quick & complete recovery.

I hope it wasn't anything serious. ,,Female related" - poor MT. However she has five children, brave woman ;) I wonder if she had any caesarean sections?

I believe that Crown Prince Guillaume was the only child born by caesarean birth. I also hope it is not serious... her mother died of cancer at age 60. Not sure if it is good or bad that they didn't mention the specifics.

I hope the Grand Duchess has a swift and uncomplicated recovery. I'm confident she will.:flowers:

I am pleased to hear that the Grand Duchess is under the care of such a highly-respected doctor. I hope that she recovers very soon.

I believe that Crown Prince Guillaume was the only child born by caesarean birth. I also hope it is not serious... her mother died of cancer at age 60. Not sure if it is good or bad that they didn't mention the specifics.

She spent 7 days in the hospital following the birth of Felix. I always sort of thought that even in 1984 this was a long hospital stay for a natural birth.

I don't think we should read too much into not mentioning the reason of her surgery. I think they are just a private family and didn't want to embarrass the GDss with the details.

The grand duchess is a lovely lady and I wish her speedy and complete recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom