Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 6 March 2008 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY AFTER A WHILE HERE ARE SOME NEW PICS OF THE GRAND DUKE AND DUCHESS AT Finale de la Coupe de Luxembourg de Football 2008

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Finale de la Coupe de Luxembourg de Football 2008

HI, I JUST ADD THAT HENRI AND TERESA ARE VERY RESPECTED AND LOVED IN LUXEMBOURG.
I WISH THEM HAPPINESS :flowers:

p.s.i am not sure if it is in the press but i heard that guillaume told everyone FOR MORE THAN 1 YEAR "i love her and i will marry her " about a girl ( ani) not about stephanie, may be this is why henri and teresa did not comment the information about stephanie....

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning granduke´s political role. When naming new government - Must the granducal decree naming new minister be co-sign by anyone else like in Belgium or Netherland or not? Cause everything must be co-sign right, but on the other hand constituttion says that he can change ministers (no word about co-signing in this case).

And well - anyone knows when inviolability of granduke was added to constitution? And what about speeches - are they written by ministers or reviewed by ministers (I guess they have an influence on speeches, but my question is which influence)?

From one question are now three:) Hope anyone knows answers here

Together with Luxembourg's Minister for Justice François Biltgen, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa visited the Centre pénitentiaire in Givenich, an open prison in the east of the country. Some of the detainees only sleep in the prison while they spend the day at their regular work, while others work on the former estate. The prison aims to help people to rehabilitate into society.
Tageblatt Online - Auf die Zeit danach vorbereiten - Nachrichten

Is it just me or do the Grand Duke and Duchess seem much less active in public ATM, they don't seem to be about as often or is that just that we are hearing less about them?

I don't think they have decreased their number of engagements, they are just not posted here on the forum. To keep up with what they are doing, I can only recommend the Luxembourg-related blog (Luxembourg). They are doing a pretty good job at covering all their events.

Opening renovated Central Train Station in Luxembourg.

Wort.lu - Newly renovated central train station opens its doors

Wort.lu - Startpfiff für den modernisierten Bahnhof

Wort.lu - Startpfiff für den modernisierten Bahnhof - Die Bilder

RTL.lu - René Scho

Sorry I did not post much about Luxembourg the last Few Month's!

To Busy with looking after my Husband's Stephmother, who is getting old in A short Time. And we had our daughter in Law 3 Month's here, while my Son was in Shanghai-China. Now they are working & Living there together and getting A baby very soon. It's a pitty I can't visit them there!

You can alway's take a look here for Lux. news!
Mist a lot Myself to!

Actualités - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg

ManuelDias.com - Home

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Grand Duchess Maria Teresa!
It is great that such orders can still be awarded. I wonder what the requirements for the Order of St. Isabel are.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Grand Duchess Maria Teresa!
It is great that such orders can still be awarded. I wonder what the requirements for the Order of St. Isabel are.

Yes, this so beautiful to see the royal houses sharing in the dynastic traditions of religious orders attending to the needs of the poor and most vulnerable. I read some background and origins of the order which you may find interesting, here are some excerpts: "The Queen (Elizabeth) was accustomed to visit the elderly, the needy and the poorest families in the kingdom, distributing to them money which she took from the Royal Treasury to buy food and clothing. Unjustly suspicious of the Queen”s charitable works the King (King Denis of Portugal) had her spied on and in his fury demanded retribution from her, but in the moment in which she revealed the money hidden in her clothing it was found that the coins had miraculously changed into roses. :rose::rose2::rose::rose2:
Order of St. Isabel - La Real Casa d'Aragona

Very interesting, I lived in Luxembourg in 1972 to 1978 , and it was a very rich country , with all the banks , a little Hong Kong in Europe. They were a lot of people of Portugal, they worked both at were not poor at all.
Situation seams to have changed a lot. I know that if you want to rent a House in Luxembourg it is so expensive that belgians live in Arlon (Belgium) - Kind regards - MO

Grand Duke Henri is accused of being a spy ..? :ermm::ermm::ermm: Why would Grand Duke Henri do that?

Grand Duke Henri is accused of being a spy ..? :ermm::ermm::ermm: Why would Grand Duke Henri do that?

There will be a press conference about this matter next Thursday.

According to the article, it's the former Director of Intelligence who revealed that, according to him GD was spying in favour MIb the British Intelligence Services between 2008 and 2009 when he was still director...

The article in english:

[SIZE=+0]Based on information of the Land to the Grand Duke of regular relations with MI6, the British intelligence services, a communiqué was issued. The foreign press also looked for the case. The Luxembourg weekly will provide a copy of its registration to members[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]"The Grand Ducal Court more formally denies reports in the media concerning the relations it would be maintained with the British secret service". The communiqué was issued following the revelations, this Friday of the Lëtzebuerger Land weekly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]In a secret interview and that the content is revealed by the newspaper, Marco thousand, former Chief of the intelligence service of Luxembourg now employed at Siemens, would have said to the Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker that the Grand Duke would have had contact with the British intelligence services. This interview can be traced back to 2008, before the last parliamentary elections in 2009.[/SIZE]

Thursday press conference

Before Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker is publicly expressed in this regard on Thursday, the foreign press is the echo of the subject.

[SIZE=+0]After a first AFP dispatch on the release site, le Figaro also devoted an article to the case entitled without detours, "the Duchy of the Luxembourg undermined by espionage. The lorrain Republican placed this information on the front page of its Saturday edition. The Belgian Het Nieuwsblad and RTBF media websites have also backed it.[/SIZE]

Monday, the Land has announced in a press release that he would send a copy of the registration to the deputies of the parliamentary scrutiny of the intelligence of the State service commission:

[SIZE=+0]"After the publication of the verbatim of a conversation between the Prime Minister and the Director of the Intelligence Service of the State at the time in Lëtzebuerger Land's November 30, 2012, the president of the parliamentary scrutiny of the intelligence of the State Service Commission requested the Land to send this record. Out of respect for the democratic institutions and not to impede the search for truth, the Lëtzebuerger Land has responded to this request and a copy of the recording, whose content is already, thanks to the Land, in the public domain".[/SIZE]

There will be a press conference about this matter next Thursday.

According to the article, it's the former Director of Intelligence who revealed that, according to him GD was spying in favour MIb the British Intelligence Services between 2008 and 2009 when he was still director...

The article in english:

[SIZE=+0]Based on information of the Land to the Grand Duke of regular relations with MI6, the British intelligence services, a communiqué was issued. The foreign press also looked for the case. The Luxembourg weekly will provide a copy of its registration to members[/SIZE]
....[/I][/SIZE] [snipped]
It has been kind of you to translate the article. Hopefully it is a misunderstanding. The whole situation seems unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom