Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 5: June 2006 - Mar 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grand Ducal couple Henri and Maria Teresa, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Grand Duke Jean were present at the funeral of former Prime minister of Luxembourg, Gaston Thorn, last Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
This year it is the 7th Anniversary of the Grand Duke's Accession to the Throne. Will there be any sort of celebrations this October?

I think M-T looks wonderful! She is one of the royal ladies who always seems to look nice and tasteful without being vulgar or inappropriate. And her smile is dazzling as well.:flowers:

Oh, thank goodness, a woman who knows how to wear gray!!! MT looks great in this color! Maybe some other women can take a cue from her.

Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa will host a dinner in honour of HRH Princess Máxima of The Netherlands on monday evening the 25th.Princess Máxima will be in Luxembourg for a two day visit in her capacity of UN Advisor on micro-credit and will hold several meetings on monday and tuesday.
:)

Just to clarify - these are the pictures from before the dinner. :flowers:
From the ANP website:

Grand-Duchess Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg (R) stands beside Maxima, Princess of Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau before a diner at Grand-Ducal Palace on February 25, 2008 in Luxembourg.

There are now more photos from the dinner available on the PPE Agency website.

The caption reads:

25-02-2008 Luxembourg Princess Maxima at diner, hosted by Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, with other members of the United Nations advisory group of Finance at the Royal Palace in Luxembourg.

Nice to see the two ladies together. The Grand DUchess looks good, suspiciously good I might add ;)

And Maxima....I thought finally she gets it right, the hair isn't too much of a mes, she has some decent pearls, etc... and then I saw the flanel trousers she seems to be wearing...sigh. Ugly IMO and it does nothing positive for her figure.

Nice to see the two ladies together. The Grand DUchess looks good, suspiciously good I might add ;)

Quite frankly, I think the wrapped tin foil the GD is wearing is absolutely hideous :eek: She has been getting it (mostly) right lately, so I cannot see what possessed her to wear it.

I didn´t know where to post this question. Which is M Teresa´s surname? I once heard it was Batista, is it right?

Thank you Rachel, i hadn´t looked up there. I still have a doubt, if she´s a relative to the former president, but i suppose it´s a common surname.

Thank you Rachel, i hadn´t looked up there. I still have a doubt, if she´s a relative to the former president, but i suppose it´s a common surname.

I'm sure this question has come up before and the answer was that Maria Teresa isn't actually related to the former president Batista. I agree that it is probably just a common surname.

I'm sure this question has come up before and the answer was that Maria Teresa isn't actually related to the former president Batista. I agree that it is probably just a common surname.

Thanks for answering, i suppose the question has been posted before but i rarely come on this board and i know very little of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom