Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 5: June 2006 - Mar 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second stage of the Tour de France finished in Esch-sur-Alzette (Luxembourg) today. So another cheerful event for Grand Duke Henri. You can see him shaking hands with overall leader Thor Hushovd and talking to the five-time Tour de France winner Bernard Hinault of France.
AP via Yahoo

Yes I saw it on the news (ofcourse, he is our national treassure) as much as I LOVE Thor Hushovd I have to say I dont think he is Well versed in the European Ghota:D He hardly acknowledged the Grand Duke, it was just barely he greeted him Im suprised they even got a pic of it, I think we can safely assume he did not know who he was:p

[FONT=Verdana,] Henri von Luxemburg mit Lakshmi Mittal (Mittal Steel Company) und Joseph Kinsch (Arcelor)

from seeger

[/FONT]

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00163396.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00163396.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 262
Gran Duke received to Hungarian President

from terra

I have moved all posts about the Grand Ducal family's summer holidays to the Current News & Pictures thread of the family. The exact same discussion was taking place in several threads, which was confusing and unnecessary.

Please visit that thread for any information or updates on what the family is up to rather than inquiring about it separately.

Alexandria
Grand Ducal Forum Moderator

I don't know put I haven't seen those pictures before. They probably took them before they left on their summer vacation.

mims111 said:

It's a funny java aplett of photos taken, I believe, for Henri's birthday. Those have appeared in PdV at least, even though I cannot point my finger as to when. On the fields below, you can type in comments about the picture. And oh, if you point your cursor over the picture, you will see as through a magnifying glass. Makes me really miss the old times when websites had information instead of flashy animation one cannot use... or maybe I'm just old. Ah well :eek:

lol! I thought, there was a photosesion, but, why are on pics only MT Henri and Guillaume?

Last edited:
mims111 said:
lol! I thought, there was a photosesion, but, why are on pics only MT Henri and Guillaume?

I couldn't possibly know. I think the piece sort of emphasized him as the heir, but my memory of it is very vague. I'll see if I can find the magazine or something.

could someone give me the website where I can find the book on MT's 50th birthday?

Thanks! What should I look it under?

Kelly said:
I don't know put I haven't seen those pictures before. They probably took them before they left on their summer vacation.

They are from October 2005

A wee bit of news here: few days ago (possibly last weekend) Queen Beatrix hosted a dinner in honour of the Japanese princely couple, and in attendance were:
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HM The Queen[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HRH The Grand Duke of Luxembourg
HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HRH The Prince of Orange
HRH The Princess of Orange
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HIH The Crown Prince of Japan
HIH The Crown Princess of Japan
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HRH The Duke of Brabant
HRH The Duchess of Brabant
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

So far, there has been no pictures, as it was a private gathering.

As Lisa Maria has written, the banquet was private, so I dont think there will be any photos, since queen Beatrix is very strikt when we are talking about private banquets. Watch thread queen Beatrix current events part 5, if there are some photos, they will be posted there.

Another piece of news: Henri and MT will visit China starting from tomorrow.

lisamaria said:
A wee bit of news here: few days ago (possibly last weekend) Queen Beatrix hosted a dinner in honour of the Japanese princely couple, and in attendance were:
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HM The Queen[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HRH The Grand Duke of Luxembourg
HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HRH The Prince of Orange
HRH The Princess of Orange
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HIH The Crown Prince of Japan
HIH The Crown Princess of Japan
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]HRH The Duke of Brabant
HRH The Duchess of Brabant
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

So far, there has been no pictures, as it was a private gathering.

Lisamaria,that was last monday,august 28th.During their stay here The Crown Princely couple made trips to visit the RF's of Belgium and Luxembourg as well.All private,so no pictures,well,at least not for us to see.:wub:

Here Is pic from Seegerpress:

but it's not from official China Trip. does anybody have more infos about it?

And he/she thought that in this visit to China the Grand would go Duke Henri and Grand Duchess María Teresa, but for what I have read in www.gouvernement.lu, alone it is named in the acts to the Grand Duke Henri, that means that he/she has gone alone, and we won't be able to see it accompanied by their wife, the Grand Duchess María Teresa. : (

From here, you can find a small picture taken on the visit. The GD didn't go because apparently there is something wrong with her, and she wasn't allowed to fly. From Wort:

Großherzogin auf dem Weg der Besserung
Im Mittelpunkt der Visite stehen die Wirtschaftsbeziehungen beider Länder.
Letzte Aktualisierung: 04-09-2006 17:30
(yw) - Mit einer Entourage von rund 150 Mann fiel Großherzog Henri am Sonntagmorgen zum Besuch in Peking ein. Großherzogin Maria Teresa, die mit zum Flughafen Frankfurt gefahren war, trat wegen Unwohlseins auf Anraten des begleitenden Arztes die Reise in das Reich der Mitte nicht an. Wie Radio DNR am Montag meldete, befindet sich die Großherzogin wieder auf dem Weg der Besserung.

Im Mittelpunkt der Visite stehen die Wirtschaftsbeziehungen beider Länder . Die Reise wird bis einschließlich nächsten Samstag dauern. Es ist dies die erste Luxemburger Staatsvisite in der Volksrepublik China seit 1979.

And a Babelfish translation:

The trade relations of both countries stand for Grand Duchess on the way of the improvement in the center of the visite. Last actualization: 04-09-2006 17:30 (yw) - with a Entourage of approximately 150 men occurred to Grand Duke Henri on Sunday morning to the attendance in Peking. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, who had also driven to the airport Frankfurt, did not begin the journey because of indisposition on recommending the accompanying physician into the realm of the center. How radio DNR announced on Monday, the Grand Duchess is again on the way of the improvement. In the center of the visite the trade relations of both countries are located. The journey will last until including next Saturday. It is this the first Luxemburger Staatsvisite in the People's Republic of China since 1979.

Last edited:
Thank you Lisamaria, to have tried to speak Spanish, have I understood qur in the radio of DNR, today Monday it has been said that the Grand Duchess María Teresa returned again, do I believe that it is that it returns again not to China?, does it put that this again in road, and that the visit lasted until Saturday, one day but.I hope to be able to see it, and that this better one.Again thank you Lisamaria

Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg is received by Chinese prime minister, Wen Jiabao

from terra

I would think that MT didn't go to China at all, but does anyone know why? She had some sort of medical emergency, but couldn't have been too serious, as Henri looks still quite relaxed on the visit pictures. Drimal, perhaps you've heard something as you live there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps she just came down with the killer flu, like me, T_T

the "emergency" could be one of the younger children. mt has said before that she'd stay any "official", or state, private, or whatever trips/visits if any of her family needed her. that could explain her absence. or she could simply be sick, just as suturegeisha said.

msfroyste said:
the "emergency" could be one of the younger children. mt has said before that she'd stay any "official", or state, private, or whatever trips/visits if any of her family needed her. that could explain her absence. or she could simply be sick, just as suturegeisha said.

The Wort article says she was told to not to travel by her doctor, and that she is "getting better". So she did get sick, and did so quite suddenly; the GD and his entourage took of from Frankfurt airport, and she went as far as there with him, and whatever happened, happened in the airport. Ah the intrigue :rolleyes:

If, I also wanted to know if the Grand Duchess María Teresa flew to China this week or the next one to make the commitments that he/she had. I understood in the I articulate of Wort that was in improvement, and that she went again in road, I thought that that meant that he/she went to China, but any picture of the Grand Duchess has not been seen.Do you know if the Grand Duchess anger to China?

Virnabrisa2000 said:
If, I also wanted to know if the Grand Duchess María Teresa flew to China this week or the next one to make the commitments that he/she had. I understood in the I articulate of Wort that was in improvement, and that she went again in road, I thought that that meant that he/she went to China, but any picture of the Grand Duchess has not been seen.Do you know if the Grand Duchess anger to China?

Unfortunately Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is having a health problem and therefore isn't accompanying Grand Duke Henri! :sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom