The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

So if Princess Anne of England is going to a dinner for the anniversary of the grand dukes, does this mean that they will celebrate in big and many other royals will also come?

Old 06-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Nobility

I think it seems possible that there will be a major event. We'll just have to wait and see though...

Old 06-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Serene Highness

According to this post http://members3.boardhost.com/Benelu...150477478.html
Beatrix, Willem-Alexander, and Maxima will also attend the dinner for the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess' anniversary
Old 06-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Ok, finally I saw the pictures. She looks great thanks! So this award is based on her carrying the holy mission to the UN? I was also reading from an earlier post that that CP MAxima and Willem will attend the GDs celebration?! Does anyone know if their official website has posted any information regarding this event?
Old 06-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

On this link is article about their silver wedding, with pictures. Unfortunately in German.
http://www.revue.lu/teaser.php?id=330

and here is an story in english:
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006...l_30006646.php
Old 06-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

I found translation on www.freetranslation.com. It helped me.

Ms Valentinstag celebrate duke Henri and duke Maria Teresa its silver wedding. End the romantic pair of lovers became a team for Luxembourg.

Text: Claude wolf

It was once a reserved Luxemburger that fell in love on an university with Geneva into a spirited Swiss of cuban origin. Four years later rang in Luxembourg the wedding bells. The modern fairy tale of the prince, that out of its middle class dear makes the princess of its heart, began for the Luxemburger on the 7 November 1980 when duke Jean gave officially the engagement of its son Henri with Maria Teresa Mestre well known. The young woman had know learned the Erbgroßherzog already at the beginning of its studies time, the secret probably had been watched however for four years. Although the Luxembourgian prince in Geneva concealed its nobleman origin and studied under the name Clervaux, knew made Maria Teresa who its the yard. Actually she had on planned firmly to not to fall in love with the Kommilitonen, trusted the later duke a reporter. In its visits on lock mountain the young woman counted always laconic as «South American acquaintance of the princess», what appeared obviously as an explanation thoroughly plausible. On cloth contact with its new occupation, the future duke came already immediately after the announcement of its engagement when it its future mother-in-law to the international Bazar accompanied. Over the protocol, she sat down originally not away. So it was between the engagement in November and to not to see the wedding in February with its future spouse in the public. The scenario is in this country actually familiar. Its later life partners become acquainted with numerous Luxemburger on the banks of the university and take it then with into the large dukedom. To be sure the future duke had probably somewhat more effort to convince its family of its choice. Especially its mother, the duke dutiful always Joséphine-Charlotte, had trouble in the thought to lecture its honorable office at a middle class. At the same time its uncle, prince Charles already had smoothed, actually the way when he married the American Joan Dillon. Yet with its winning being, the princess of the heart of the Erbgroßherzogs conquered also the Luxemburger in the storm. The dark-haired young woman with the black eyes had from the beginning a spontaneous, sincere type rather unaccustomed to the Luxemburgern to be sure to close on the persons. Your natural candor and the zeal with which it learned all Luxembourgian, contributed accordingly much in addition let become the modern fairy tale true. On the 14 February 1981, at an icy, sun clear Saturday morning, ring the wedding bells. The European high nobility, exactly like the domestic company, competed in the first wedding of the younger generation in the house Luxembourg at elegance. All objections were forgotten. «C' est avec toute notre affection que nous t' accueillons au its de notre famille», assured duke Jean of its daughter-in-law. «Per peux vous assurer, Madame, que votre charm souriant, votre gentillesse, ordinance qualités humaines ont tout fait pour conquérir et harvest coeurs et harvest esprits de tous harvest luxembourgeois», said the head municipal mayor Camille Polfer in the standesamtlichen wedding, that was performed in the large drawing-room of the palace, before it went to the religious ceremonies into the cathedral. Four officiating kings and queens, not less than 700 official guests had been invited to the wedding. It was a rustling festival with which of the Polter-evening over the wedding to the reception for unions and youth movements no stage was allowed to be missing. Neither a families festival another tv show, had wished for the erbgroßherzogliche couple.

http://www.revue.lu/teaser.php?id=330
Old 06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Gentry

There will be these days some official act in comemoracion to the Great Duchess's birthday, I read a while ago that the parties will postpone to these dates together with the anniversary.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

Well I can´t wait to see that! So that means her birthday celebration will be during their anniversary celebration?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Yes... It seems to be one BIG celebration with lot of photos .
Old 06-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
S.A.R. le Grand-Duc et le Premier ministre Jean-Claude Juncker à l'Institut universitaire européen à Florence dans le cadre de la chaire Pierre Werner
26-06-2006
http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_pre...nce/index.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26juncker_florence.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	252656  
Old 07-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Courtier

The second stage of the Tour de France finished in Esch-sur-Alzette (Luxembourg) today. So another cheerful event for Grand Duke Henri. You can see him shaking hands with overall leader Thor Hushovd and talking to the five-time Tour de France winner Bernard Hinault of France.
AP via Yahoo
Old 07-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I saw it on the news (ofcourse, he is our national treassure) as much as I LOVE Thor Hushovd I have to say I dont think he is Well versed in the European Ghota He hardly acknowledged the Grand Duke, it was just barely he greeted him Im suprised they even got a pic of it, I think we can safely assume he did not know who he was:p
Old 07-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Henri von Luxemburg mit Lakshmi Mittal (Mittal Steel Company) und Joseph Kinsch (Arcelor)

from seeger

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00163396.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	254268  
Old 07-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Gran Duke received to Hungarian President

from terra

Old 07-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I have moved all posts about the Grand Ducal family's summer holidays to the Current News & Pictures thread of the family. The exact same discussion was taking place in several threads, which was confusing and unnecessary.

Please visit that thread for any information or updates on what the family is up to rather than inquiring about it separately.

Alexandria
Grand Ducal Forum Moderator
Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

What is this? can someone tell me, please? http://luxembourgroyals.web-log.nl/l...ige_beeld.html
Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know put I haven't seen those pictures before. They probably took them before they left on their summer vacation.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
What is this? can someone tell me, please? http://luxembourgroyals.web-log.nl/l...ige_beeld.html
It's a funny java aplett of photos taken, I believe, for Henri's birthday. Those have appeared in PdV at least, even though I cannot point my finger as to when. On the fields below, you can type in comments about the picture. And oh, if you point your cursor over the picture, you will see as through a magnifying glass. Makes me really miss the old times when websites had information instead of flashy animation one cannot use... or maybe I'm just old. Ah well :o
Old 07-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

lol! I thought, there was a photosesion, but, why are on pics only MT Henri and Guillaume?
Old 07-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
lol! I thought, there was a photosesion, but, why are on pics only MT Henri and Guillaume?
I couldn't possibly know. I think the piece sort of emphasized him as the heir, but my memory of it is very vague. I'll see if I can find the magazine or something.