Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 4: February - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering - were any members of the Lux family at the baptism in Norway? It's just that I haven't seen any pictures of them yet.

GreenLily said:
Hi, I was wondering - were any members of the Lux family at the baptism in Norway? It's just that I haven't seen any pictures of them yet.

Don't think so....since it wasn't the christening of a direct heir to the throne [like Ingrid Alexandra] it was probably only attended by close friends and the godparents. Likewise I didn't see anyone from the Spanish or Belgian royal families either, just to name a few.

HRH is expected in Lisbon for the inauguration of the new President of the Republic tomorrow.
Also the Princes of Asturias and President Bush (father).

Both GD Henri and GD Maria Theresa?

In what estate are the GD family staying at the moment?

(FROM L-R): Luxembourg Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa, Czech president Vaclav Klaus, Grand Duke Henri and Livia Klausova pose for photographers during a officiel photocall in Grand Ducale Palace, 08 march 2006 in Luxembourg.
AFP PHOTO JEAN-CHRISTOPHE VERHAEGEN via ANP

Attachments

• 2485196.jpg
    2485196.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 291
Virnabrisa2000 said:
Has not the Great Duquesa María Teresa gone with the Great Duke Henri?
Are you talking about the visit to Portugal?

Virnabrisa2000 said:
If, on the visit to Portugal
I think the Grand Duke was alone. The Grand Duchess didn't come!

I've moved the few posts about the Grand Ducal couple's impending grandparenthood to the Prince Louis Will Become a Father thread. This is an attemp to keep this thread for activities by the Grand Ducal couple and the other thread for updates and questions about the baby. Things were getting repeated between this thread and the other thread.

If you have a question or comment about the baby and what role Henri and Maria Teresa will play in the baby's birth and afterwards, please post it in the other thread, not in this one.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Alexandria
Luxembourg Forum Moderator

More images of the Great Duke in Portugal, from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00156435.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156435.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 294
  • pre-SEEGER00156436.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156436.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 226
I'm not sure if those have been posted before.... I they were, sorry ;) ....

Eastnews

HRH Grand-Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg will celebrate on 22nd March 2006 Her 50th Birthday during a private ceremony whose location is kept secret or not disclosed for the time beeing. Meanwhile, a set of official birthday portraits have been released today who have been photographed at the Salon des Rois inside the Grand-Ducal palace in Luxembourg-City. Mandatory Photo Credit" Luxpress/GDP/Lola Velasco"

rcvaxk.jpg
rcvaz4.jpg
rcvb07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
tbhrc said:
I'm not sure if those have been posted before.... I they were, sorry ;) ....

Eastnews
Great pictures!!!!!! They're beautiful!!!
Thank you, tbhrc! ;)

Wow, those are lovely pictures! The Grand Duchess looks really happy, relaxed and natural, she's so lovely!

She has become grand mother before celebrating her 50th anniversary - that's not really common among royals especially when it is the mother of the father.:cool:

Lola Velasco sure has been busy snapping away. She is reportedly MT's close friend, from Cuba, and that's why she has got to take all those pictures. I wonder if they sat all those (for H's 50th, for their 25th and for MT's 50th) at the same session, as they look a bit like they were all taken at once. MT's hair is different now. And why, oh why, is she sittin on the floor. Sooo unflattering. She should stand up right and hold her head high.

-L :)

ps. Those pictures that were and then weren't, I'm trying to get them out somewhere else as soon as I'm not busy.

Wow! Thanks for the pictures Maria Theresa looks stunning and so radiant.

Whenwere those pictures taken? herdress seems similar to the one where she was taken pictured next to Henri on their anniversary.

from ANP

UNESCO Goodwill ambassador Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg poses, 15 March 2006, in Paris at the UNESCO headquarters. UNESCO General Director, Koïchiro Matsuura, met today with UNESCO Goodwill ambassadors.
AFP PHOTO THOMAS COEX

Attachments

• 2501616.jpg
    2501616.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 195
  • 2501326.jpg
    2501326.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 196
The Great Duchess this very pretty one, this perfect one to turn 50 years, and as always very elegant, thank you for the pictures.

How long has the GD been in UNESCO?

Kelly said:

Quite a while now....she was trying to gain the approval of her mother-in-law, who was never that fond of her.

Kelly said:

Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg

rji7fb.jpg

Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg has been a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador since 1997 with a special interest in micro-credit grants and the education of girls and women the world over.

She has relentlessly fostered efforts contributing to their empowerment and helping them to defend their rights. In this way, Her Royal Highness lends her support to projects such as micro-credit grants for the improvement of the living conditions of girls, women and their families.

She has visited numerous UNESCO project sites in Nepal, Mali, Bangladesh, Thailand and Bosnia-Herzegovina. Being herself a mother of five, she is particularly concerned about children’s rights and development.

She is also actively involved in helping street children and in speaking out against juvenile prostitution.

Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Maria Teresa contributed to the UNESCO project, Breaking the Poverty Cycle of Women: Empowering Adolescents Girls to Become Agents of Social Transformation, which benefits adolescent girls in Bangladesh, Nepal, India and Pakistan and offers a broad-based capacity-building programme composed of literacy, life skills, science education as well as vocational training with access to ICTs.

As Honorary President, she gave a speech at the event to commemorate the struggle of the African continent against HIV/AIDS, which took place at UNESCO Headquarters in November 2004.
[/quote]

Thanks! GD Henri is not part of this is he?

Thanks for the picture, Adry. It's an older one of when she visited Laos in 2000. :D

suturegeisha said:
Thanks for the picture, Adry. It's an older one of when she visited Laos in 2000. :D

I went to the website http://www.picturepresseurope.com/
and the caption says it was taken March 16, 2006. I'm confused because I thought that was an older picture too.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom