Memoration of 100th anniversary of Grand Duke Adolph
"Weilburg has captured our hearts for a long time"
Grand Ducal couple returns to the roots of Luxembourg's dynasty
After the official visits of GD Jean and Josephine-Charlotte in 1977 for a state visit such as in 1990 for the 100th anniversary of the dynasty, the Grand Ducal couple were on Friday in Hessian Weilburg an der Lahn.
1) Momento in the Royal crypt of the castle churchin front of the sarcophagus of Grand Duke Adolph. Priest H. Barkowski (right) and Georges Villermoz made short prayers
2) Grand Duke Henri and Captain marching in front of the civil guards and the silhouette of Weilburg with its symbol, the castle tower
3) In remambrance of the celebrations the Grand Duke and the municipal authorities ("Stadtmagistrat" in German) planted a lime (tree) in front of the city gate
4) In Weilburg's museum Luxembourg's Grand Duke inaugurated an exhibition with the title "Adolph, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Duke of Nassau"
5) "Life in the castle" was called the walk through former residence castle Weilburg, and GD Henri learnt alot of details of the life of his ancestors from early 19th century
6) Greeting of the Grand Ducal couple in front of the city gate, former main gate of Weilburg town, from mayor Hans-Peter Schick with wife and Luxembourg's minister of culture Franšois Biltgen
7) The visit of the castle turned into time journey in the courteous world
8) the guest of honor going through the markt place to the Evangelian castle church of Weilburg
Text and pics (scanned!) from Luxemburger Wort.:)
I hope you enjoy these beautiful pics and please look also in Guillaume's thread with details about his visit.
I want to excuse the grammatical errors I made while doing this translation but unfortuately some German terms are hard to translate in English.