Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 3: Aug 2005 - Feb 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's a conclusion I came to: mentioning the rumours in his speech, from Henri, A Big Mistake. Instead of making the rumours stop, he really managed to draw everyone's attention to them. A good intention backfired, I'm afraid. But I do like the idea that he protects his entire family, or at least tries to.

-Lisa

lisamaria said:
Okay, here's a conclusion I came to: mentioning the rumours in his speech, from Henri, A Big Mistake. Instead of making the rumours stop, he really managed to draw everyone's attention to them. A good intention backfired, I'm afraid. But I do like the idea that he protects his entire family, or at least tries to.

-Lisa

In my eyes he did the right thing to comment on the rumours.;)

I really wish they find the REAL criminals soon so that the rumours on innocent people (such as the Grand Ducal family) will stop...:rolleyes:

PS: Happy new year to the whole Grand Ducal family!:)

drimal said:
In my eyes he did the right thing to comment on the rumours.;)

I really wish they find the REAL criminals soon so that the rumours on innocent people (such as the Grand Ducal family) will stop...:rolleyes:

PS: Happy new year to the whole Grand Ducal family!:)

There are rumours, and then there are rumours; I don't think Henri was commenting the bombing affair - it's just too ridiculous to be true :( To try to put a stop on rumours about infidelity or something like that is, I'm sorry to tell you, just a little too Lady Di to me; somehow those are so trivial someone like him should be above such.

A big year ahead - silver anniversary, MT's 50th, so all the best.

-Lisa :p

There's pros and cons to him mentioning the rumours. Con; it brought more attention to the rumours so that everyone's suspicious of which one it is exactly that he's talking about. Pro; he usually doesn't comment about rumours. And the fact that he found it important to comment makes it more evident that what ever's being said is un-true and he's offended by it to the point in which he would comment.
So now I think it's time to go on the topics lisamaria listed. Silver anniversary this year, that's awesome.
MT's going to be 50! To me she doesn't look like she should be turning 50, 45 yes, 50 no.

Well, when's the baby due? I forgot a while ago. There will probably be new pics when the baby's born. It shouldn't be too long now.

sometime in the spring, around march, i think.

Ditebaby said:
Well, when's the baby due? I forgot a while ago. There will probably be new pics when the baby's born. It shouldn't be too long now.

According to PdV, the baby is due on March 22 which is Maria Teresa's 50th birthday.

Lindy said:
According to PdV, the baby is due on March 22 which is Maria Teresa's 50th birthday.

In which PdV is this information?

The Grand Dukes' youngest child was born on Henri's birthday. So, a baby born on Maria Teresa's 50th birthday would bring a big smile to my face.

rere said:
The Grand Dukes' youngest child was born on Henri's birthday. So, a baby born on Maria Teresa's 50th birthday would bring a big smile to my face.

the birthday's of the kids are funny

Félix 03.06.1984
Louis 03.08.1986

Alexandra 16.02.1991
Sebastien 16.04.1992

twice same days and two months later

Virnabrisa2000 said:
In this page: http://press.contrastphoto.com /, there are finally new pictures, they are of the family in a mass in memory of the Duquesa Jophine Charlotte had died for one year. I have not put them because one doesn't eat.

Thank you Virnabirsa! Here are some of the pictures from picturedesk...they are not of any great quality and I do apologize.

68101700xp.jpg

Grand Duke Jean [who is crying....so sad], Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa, and Queen Fabiola of Belgium.

68101691zf.jpg

Princess Maie-Astrid and her husband Archduke Carl Christian of Austria, Princess Margaretha, and Prince Jean.

68101685vs.jpg

Prince Jean reading a prayer during the service.

68101644el.jpg

Grand Duke Jean and Queen Fabiola entering the cathedral.

68101743fu.jpg

Grand Duke Jean exiting the crypt where the Grand Ducal Family's graves are located.

68101769qk.jpg

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume exiting the cathedral with Princess Charlotte of Nassau [the daughter of Prince Guillaume and his wife Princess Sibilla].

All pictures are from picturedesk.

thank you for posting these pictures, suturegeisha!
it was very touching seeing Grand Duke Jean still mourn dearly his beloved wife. it must be lonely days for him now...

Thanks for the pictures, suture.Although i have not been known any about Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte but i'm sure she is a really wonderful lady.It'd be really sad when a person you really close left, it can hurt for really long, like my grandparents, they had been for 45 years and my grandmumhad passed away for four years, but it is always really hurt us till now, especially my grandfather, he has written many poems about my grandmum, i can see that through the family especially Grand Duke Jean, my sympathy for him, and as a great person, i'm sure the Grand Duchess is rest in peace and is smiling to all of us from the heaven.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Thanks for the pictures, suture.Although i have not been known any about Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte but i'm sure she is a really wonderful lady.It'd be really sad when a person you really close left, it can hurt for really long, like my grandparents, they had been for 45 years and my grandmumhad passed away for four years, but it is always really hurt us till now, especially my grandfather, he has written many poems about my grandmum, i can see that through the family especially Grand Duke Jean, my sympathy for him, and as a great person, i'm sure the Grand Duchess is rest in peace and is smiling to all of us from the heaven.

Yes, Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte were married for 51 years, so I imagine her death must have been a devastating loss for him, as well as the rest of the family. She was a lovely lady and one of my favorite royals- very regal yet very down to earth. :)

Jean looks so incredibly sad in those photos. You can tell that no matter what the rumours were about JC, he loved his wife tremendously and that he still must be reeling from her death.

Several photos from remembrance for Josephine Charlotte in Luxembourg
January 11, 2006
(from cover.es)

Attachments

• CAEZ8D0L.jpg
    CAEZ8D0L.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 278
  • CAL83UVV.jpg
    CAL83UVV.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 248
  • CASH2VK1.jpg
    CASH2VK1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 256
  • CAUBW923.jpg
    CAUBW923.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 203
More pics from the mass in honor of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte (I scanned them from my newspaper Luxemburger Wort) from 10th January 2006

Attachments

• Neu-2.JPG
    Neu-2.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Neu-4.JPG
    Neu-4.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 709
  • Neu-6.JPG
    Neu-6.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 994
drimal said:
More pics from the mass in honor of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte (I scanned them from my newspaper Luxemburger Wort) from 10th January 2006

thank you, drimal !!

btw, are Felix & Louis missing? did they not attend the remembrance service?

I thought I saw a pic of Felix and Louis at the rememberance. As I recal they sat next to each other and basicly kept really low key. It just breaks my heart to see the pics of Jean crying. If he is living alone right now I wouldn't be surprised if the family goes and visits very often.

Thank you, drimal, for so kindly scanning the pictures! It looked like a very poignant remembrance of a lovely lady.

Well if they were there they must have been extremely, extremely low key because I have not been able to find even just one picture of Louis and Felix anywhere!

grim_lady said:
Well if they were there they must have been extremely, extremely low key because I have not been able to find even just one picture of Louis and Felix anywhere!
I could be wrong but I think the pic I saw was at Corbis.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Yes they were there. During the procession thing to the church, they were in a line with Alex and Sebastien.

It's strange in an article posted in my newspaper Louis and Felix weren't mentionned.:confused:

Considering this report, Grand Duke Jean, Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Prince Guillaume, Princess Alexandra, Prince Sebastien; (Henri's siblings) Princess Margaretha and her daughters Princess Maria Anunciata and Princess Marie Astrid, Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla and their three children Prinz Paul Louis and the twins Léopold and Charlotte, Princess Marie Astrid and Archduke Carl-Christian of Habsbourg, Prince Jean de Nassau, Queen Fabiola of Belgium and a few other guests were present at the celebration.

below a picture I forgot to scan last time

Attachments

• neu7.JPG
    neu7.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
I guess Felix and Louis could have left early or something. Still it's a shame no one can find a picture to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom