Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 3: Aug 2005 - Feb 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri reminds me of Howard Keel with the mustache. And that's actually a good thing since I love Howard Keel's movies.

Thankfully maternity fashion has progressed.

I remember my mom wearing a similar outfit to Maria Teresa's red one, when she was pregnant with my sister.

Last edited:
I think because they're such a low key but influential family more people are starting to notice them. I also think that since the world's full of so much tragedy lately lots of people are turning to the old fairytale fantasy for some sort of comfort. And the most calm, low key, down to earth royal family that everyone just kind of stumbles across is the Grand Ducal family. And let's face it MT is pretty and elegant, Henri is very dashing when he wants to be, the 3 older boys are very attractive, Alexandra is a sprouting beauty, and Sebastien is gradually catching up to his older brothers quite nicely in the looks department. What's not to like about them?!

Last edited:
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
So do you love Henri?

I do :D

Amazingly enough, the Finnish TV showed last night a Lonely Planet program about Belgium and Luxembourg. The part about Luxembourg wasn't long, but featured the national day, from 2003 or 2004. The hostess (Katie one thing or another) loved the night time festivities, which did look pretty wild. And oh, there was some footage of Henri, M-T and Felix. Henri always looks like he's cold or something. Why is that?

-Lisa

Well, Luxembourg is at a kind of high altitude. Plus, the less meat you have on your bones, the easier it is to get cold.

Well, Luxembourg is at a kind of high altitude. Plus, the less meat you have on your bones, the easier it is to get cold.
That's true. I'm a thin person as well and I'm almost always freezing, when I'm not bundled up for the cold weather of my area. Plus the family does tend to spend their summer vacations on really warm sunny beaches, rather than in cold places.

i don't think it's that high up. i agree that thin ppl tend to get colder a lot quicker than ppl with meat on their bones. even then it has a lot to do with thickness of one's blood.

Well, in the north at least, Luxembourg can almost be considered mountianous.

for some reason, i had always thought it to be hilly, high hills, but hilly nonetheless.

The day of their anniversary you believe that they will come out to the street, like in the one it completes of Henri?I will go to Luxemburg for that date

Wasn't there a volcanic erruption in Madagascar earlier this week or last week?

I know Henri and the family are really envolved with the preserverance of Madagascar and its animals.

Mathilde1286 said:
Wasn't there a volcanic erruption in Madagascar earlier this week or last week?

I know Henri and the family are really envolved with the preserverance of Madagascar and its animals.

With all this Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, it's hard to think about all these natural disasters everywhere else in the world.....2005 was just not a good year, as far as nature goes. :(

i know of there being a volcanic eruption in the galapagos islands. henri's really big on their preservation, evidenced by the vid made on the subject in 2002, i think.

msfroyste said:
i know of there being a volcanic eruption in the galapagos islands. henri's really big on their preservation, evidenced by the vid made on the subject in 2002, i think.

Yes, I've heard of that. I've never hear of anything about Madagascar, though.

Perhaps I meant Galapagos Island. :)

Yes, I've heard of that. I've never hear of anything about Madagascar, though.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 199
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 146
Didn't thank you for the pictures, toward time that there was not any new picture, already have but?, please do put all those that put, I in that page cannot see any picture

She looks kinda old. Maybe its from the ordeal with Louis.
Probably, she must have freaked out when she found out about the pregnancy :eek:

I wouldn't doubt for a moment that she freaked over the pregnancy. Although from looking at the pics the style that she used in wearing the scarf is actually more commonly used by elderly women so that might have contributed to the thought of her looking older.

Mathilde1286 said:
Well...how old is she?

I think that she is in her late forties.

I agree that outfit makes her look older than her years. The Grand Duchess is wearing something that could easily be called age appropiate for a woman of sixty years or more.

Mathilde1286 said:
That is true. BTW, Isabel, I like your signature. :)

Thanks Mathilde. :)

I wonder if the Grand Duchess was simply trying something new? I can't recall seeing her wear anything so different from her normal choices in attire in a while or even wearing a scarf in that manner. Her clothing usually suits her much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I remember seeing her in a tight, hot pink outfit once. She looked really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom