The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
More pics from the mass in honor of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte (I scanned them from my newspaper Luxemburger Wort) from 10th January 2006
thank you, drimal !!

btw, are Felix & Louis missing? did they not attend the remembrance service?

Old 01-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

They were there. There just aren't as many pics of them, but they were there.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

No, Felix and Louis weren't present.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:14 AM
Aristocracy

I thought I saw a pic of Felix and Louis at the rememberance. As I recal they sat next to each other and basicly kept really low key. It just breaks my heart to see the pics of Jean crying. If he is living alone right now I wouldn't be surprised if the family goes and visits very often.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Thank you, drimal, for so kindly scanning the pictures! It looked like a very poignant remembrance of a lovely lady.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes they were there. During the procession thing to the church, they were in a line with Alex and Sebastien.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Nobility

Well if they were there they must have been extremely, extremely low key because I have not been able to find even just one picture of Louis and Felix anywhere!
Old 01-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_lady
Well if they were there they must have been extremely, extremely low key because I have not been able to find even just one picture of Louis and Felix anywhere!
I could be wrong but I think the pic I saw was at Corbis.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Yes they were there. During the procession thing to the church, they were in a line with Alex and Sebastien.
It's strange in an article posted in my newspaper Louis and Felix weren't mentionned.

Considering this report, Grand Duke Jean, Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Prince Guillaume, Princess Alexandra, Prince Sebastien; (Henri's siblings) Princess Margaretha and her daughters Princess Maria Anunciata and Princess Marie Astrid, Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla and their three children Prinz Paul Louis and the twins Léopold and Charlotte, Princess Marie Astrid and Archduke Carl-Christian of Habsbourg, Prince Jean de Nassau, Queen Fabiola of Belgium and a few other guests were present at the celebration.

below a picture I forgot to scan last time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	neu7.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	224184  
Old 01-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Nobility

I guess Felix and Louis could have left early or something. Still it's a shame no one can find a picture to post.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Courtier

possibly the winter olympics in turino next month. we could possibly see something of them there or before. who knows.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Gentry

At the moment there is the Duquesa María Teresa picture, in the page ,http://press.contrastphoto.com /, there are pictures of Duke Henri.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Thank you Virnabirsa, for the info. There are no new pictures of the Grand Duchess, but there are a few of Grand Duke Henri and Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume at a New Years' reception at the Palace with the state council of Luxembourg.
All photos are from picturedesk. Also in the captions underneath the photos it says that this is the first time that the Grand Duchess has not taken part in the ceremony. I wonder why?

[This is one of the reasons I dislike picturedesk....the photos are so small!]
Old 01-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

LAst week's Point de Vue was telling as a fact that Henri did mean problems in his marriage in his speech - could that contribute to MT's absense?

-L
Old 01-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know. Its probably just a rumor. However, they have looked unhappy together ever since the birth announcement was made. There was a rumor a few years back that Henri cheated on MT but I heard that it was something that JC started because she didn't like MT. One never knows these things about the family.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Gentry

big size from cover.es
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAFQKJ7X.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	224617   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAIBEVA9.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	224618   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAUB4L0L.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	224619  
Old 01-21-2006, 03:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I don't know. Its probably just a rumor. However, they have looked unhappy together ever since the birth announcement was made. There was a rumor a few years back that Henri cheated on MT but I heard that it was something that JC started because she didn't like MT. One never knows these things about the family.
I still find that notion that JC would have started the rumour weird - what mother would do something that so obviously compromises her son? I know Guillaume (the elder) was her favourite son, and H was more distant, but still.

-L
Old 01-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamaria
I still find that notion that JC would have started the rumour weird - what mother would do something that so obviously compromises her son? I know Guillaume (the elder) was her favourite son, and H was more distant, but still.

-L
My Grandmother did it to my parents. But I would think better of it when it comes to JC. She was in a role that many looked up to and since Henri was next in line I don't think she'd compromise it. I would think maybe some girl who had a big crush on Henri and never even caught his attention probably started the rumors when they were first married.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamaria

-L
From my understanding Josephine-Charlotte didn't have problems with either of her sons, no matter which son was her favourite. My understanding is that her problem was with Maria-Teresa because she was a commoner. To some degree I have read stories but am not really sure of their accuracy, Josephine-Charlotte had issue with the fact that Maria-Teresa was Cuban-born. I have heard she had a rather racist nickname for Maria-Teresa.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I have heard she had a rather racist nickname for Maria-Teresa.
"the little Cuban". :(